Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this will be the first game where you have to lose the Champion battle in order to move the story forward, as we all know that Galar will never bring it home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bongo Bill posted:

give us Gorochu you cowards

this is just a Pikachu with an eyepatch and a knife

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

so I'm picking up on Let's Go Pikachu because I finally have some free time. Does it make sense to rotate different Pokemon in your party? there's a lot I want to use even though it's just Gen 1

this game is legit beautiful too, I love having the Box right in the bag too

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

anybody wanna help me evolve a Haunter? my Switch friend code is 3354-3650-5719, shoot me a PM if you can help!

that scene in Lavender Town with Cubone and Marowak was so good

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

DLC Inc posted:

funny enough I need a Kadabra evolved as well, sent you a request

Cool, I'm online right now. my link code is I guess, Charmander, Bulbasaur, and Squirtle

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Punk Rock Zigzagoon is perhaps one of the greatest Pokémon created

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like this 18 gym idea

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Procrastine posted:

Intelleon art from the guide:

pew pew

not gonna be my pick but that owns hard as gently caress

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Raboot is my beautiful son and I won't let u savages say anything wrong about him

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Honestly it might not take that long given that the Exp Share is always on and there’s ways to power level

Anyway I’m pretty excited for this, preordered the double pack

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I’m also excited for the potential Gen 4 remakes could get

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Avalerion posted:

I got Gwynn the Sobble, next up to catch a Yamper and call it Barkley.

I'll need to find the most "stuffy british" name for when I eventually find a Weezing. :eng101:

Reginald seems appropriate

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

can you Jojo pose for your Trainer Cards? Asking for a friend

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

when do you get the bike upgrade to go over water?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If you had to go back to old regions, where would you add a Wild Area? Seems like that feature will be around in some capacity for the time being

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

anybody have a Feebas? I don't really have too much in the way of cool poo poo yet but I want one to finish my team

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Your Computer posted:

I can give you one, I've set up link code 8604, ign Selen

(speaking of which, is there a specific thread for trading?)

vvv thanks, no wonder I didn't find it!

Great! I’m away from my Switch at the moment so I’ll send you a PM when I’m ready

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is anyone else playing the new Mystery Dungeon?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm still miffed they took Mega Evolution out. maybe it comes out in Pokemon Gun this fall

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Do Max Raids scale with the number of badges you earn?

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

If you're coming into this from a fresh file, does your Kubfu need to be 60-70 to do the Tower training? I threw it in my party and did not expect the level jump to be that high lol

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

It’s kinda funny that at the end of the day, if that datamine is correct, all Pokémon will be available in SwSh

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I dropped Sword back in November because of work, but I picked it back up with a new file a couple of weeks ago. Only took me a few days to beat the game, but even though it was barebones in the back end (seriously, Spikemuth was a hallway), I still had fun playing. Some great variety in the regular Galar Dex, Wild Area was fun if linear. This is the series that I grew up on, so I'm always going to give it the benefit of the doubt. There are definitely some good concepts that didn't get enough dev time. I have to imagine that if they went back to a two year cycle then the games will be much stronger.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My fever dream for Gen 4 remakes is instead of Pal Park at the south end it’s just a magnet train to Johto

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

zeldadude posted:

Just got this after having not played a Pokemon game since silver and gold, and god drat this poo poo is fun :banjo:

I've played each game more or less as they came out, and I can't imagine how all the new features feel to someone who hasn't played in literally 20 years

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I agree with the above post that if the level curve had been balanced, HGSS would be the greatest Pokémon game

It’s still really drat good off the strength of the GB Sounds

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Gen 2 and Gen 4 are linked so I wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a few years in the future Sinnoh or Johto

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I am also with you fellow olds on having been on this Pokémon train since practically birth. Every game has some good to it that makes it worth playing, even the newer ones

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Agreed, HGSS are clearly in the top tier of games even though the level curve sucks

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

main series style remakes for DP and a Let's Go Johto will literally set me up for the rest of the year video game wise

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The art style looks fine you loons

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Megas got cooler when Gen 7 gave them these horrifying Dex entries

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I saw someone use the gen 4 sprites over the 3D areas in BDSP and now I’m mad we’re not getting a Pokémon Octopath

I have zero bar to set for Legends so I’m curious to see what comes out in the trailer

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I never knew I wanted this until now, but holy poo poo yes please! :stwoon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/co...utm_name=iossmf

This is where I saw it and lost my mind

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the originals came out when I was squarely in the target audience range so the nostalgia factor is insane for me and I'm extremely excited

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Hisuian Growlithe also looks like a Shisa, which raises questions about how we haven’t seen Okinawa as a region yet (unless that’s the Sevii Islands)

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I don't think the trailer would have made a point of showing Platinum expansion Pokemon if they weren't going to be included

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I'm doing a HeartGold run and Aipom kicks rear end

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

imo it would own if we saw Regigagas just dragging a random landmass in the background of the northern section of the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Back when Trainer Card level was a thing, did anyone ever try to max it out? Best I did was the Violet one in HeartGold