Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Electric Phantasm posted:

I'm glad the cover legendaries appear to be good dogs.

Are there any popular wolves/dogs in English folklore? Cause the only wolves I could think of that come in a pair are Hati and Skoll and those would have fit better in Pokemon Sun and Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Pops Mgee posted:

When are they going to bring back the minigames from the stadium games?

Well, there was Pokethlon in HGSS kinda

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
also this waiting gonna suck

more games should do what SSBU did and just have a 40 minute direct where you flat out reveal the whole game and just reveal small new details every 2 months or so- it builds just as much hype if not more

I wanna know what new pokes we getting :mad:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Has the full game been leaked yet?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
the pokemon anime is good???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AU4CPc8Rkqo

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
While I like the whole Raid Battles thing, I find it a bit anticlimatic to be fighting old Pokemon but big.

If Ultra Beasts had been introduced this generation instead I think they would have worked great as Raid battles.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Speaking of Volcanion, what the hell is the deal with it? As far as I remember it's existence is not mentioned at all in the generation it debuted, heck it's existence was confirmed 2 years after the games came out (though maybe data miners leaked it earlier, I can't remember) and it was only distributed in one single event months right before gen VII was released without any fanfare at all.

Being a Fire/Water Mythical Pokemon you'd think he would at least have had a role in the ocean vs land remakes, but nope.

At least Arceus had the excuse of being the Poke God and has been distributed at least once every gen since.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

I don't know if this was posted yet, but you should all be ashamed :mad:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Flopsy posted:

Yeah? Well I'll be keeping my pokemon on sun and moon until they get their poo poo together because I'm deadly seriously I'm not playing the "Whoopsie you didn't pay your sub ^_^" game.

Yup ditto, I just started my 3DS to start moving my pokes into SuMo/USUMO. If I'm not gonna be able to use the Pokebank for ShSw I won't remember when I have to renew it and poof goes my living dex

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
My youtube feed has been full of 20 minutes long effort videos titled "wHy pOkEmOn ShIeLd/sWoRd SuXXX" or different variations...

so aside from the no national dex thing, what has gf done now to piss the fans? I haven't been following these games too much

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Is the Mega Evos and Z crystal confirmed not in the game at all? Not even post game? Like I don't mind Z crystals going away, but Mega Evos had some really cool designs like Mega Ampharos. At least they should make them into stage 4 evos.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ok, I don't know if this has been linked yet but this is actually pretty funny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAcZhvup25o

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
The Galar dex will probably contain most if not all the Pokemon currently available in GO plus a few more from gen 5-7. In turn, GO will get quickpatched to include those select few pokemon from gen 5-7 + the new pokes from Galar region.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Doesn’t Go has like the entire first 4 gens now?

Yup, so Galar dex will probably contain most of gen 1-4th Pokes + a few from later gen that will probably be added to GO closer to the games release to maximize compatibility between the two, which seems to be what Nintendo is going for.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So would every one prefer for SwSh to be something along the lines of XY, a very bare bones game with nothing new but for it to have the complete dex?

Also I think XY ended up getting a pass because it graphically updated all the Poke models in order to futureproof them for future gens...

and here we are now. In the not so distant future.

e: like heck 10000 years from now when the alien overlords return to Earth and excavate our fossils they will scratch their heads trying to find the missing Pokemon game link between gen 5 and 6

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 25, 2019

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What was incomplete about Sun and Moon? They were pretty good and well received Pokemon games I feel? I don't understand this new narrative that Gamefreak has been in freefall for a decade and that Gen VII was worse than Gen VI and Gen VIII is continuing the trend. Like in what world was S/M more rushed than X and Y?

Yeah, Sun and Moon were perfectly fine and in fact a lot better than XY. Ultra Sun and Moon on the other hand changed and added very little to the base game, so I guess that's where people are misremembering Gen VII as bad

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What's everyone's favorite final stage of each starter type?

Water: Feraligatr
Fire: Typhlosion originally, but Smash made me love Incineroar, so I can't decide
Grass: Torterra

Honorable mention to Blastoise, Infernape and Decidueye

Mef989 posted:

Keeping this rolling, favorite mythical and legendaries?

I've got to go with Mew and Lugia respectively.

Favorite mythical Shaymin (regular forme, not the edgy one)
Favorite Legendary is a toss-up between Ho-oh and Solgaleo

Honorable mentions to Genesect and Groudon

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Jul 9, 2019

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KDEmTUOsbA

1) what the heck is this?

2) is this an official game?

3) why is blastoise shooting water out of it's cannons instead of generic mouth beam?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xr0B9HVrCLg

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Badger goon is cool af and my friend

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I also think that you should be limited to 3 pokemon at the start of the game, and you slowly get to expand to 6 thanks to gym badges.

That sounds dangerously close to the first steps of microtransactions. "Unlock more Pokemon slots as you progress through the game, or pay $10 to unlock them now!"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

less laughter posted:

double entendre

I will never not be creeped the gently caress out by Stufful's design. Like it has this cute nose, with the line going down from it that implies that's where it's mouth is, but then what appeared to be the outline of it's snout actually opens up revealing a void of horror.

And in this particular image, I can't unsee Kirby throwing his arms up in the air with the gate of Truth where it's stomach should be

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dehry posted:

I'm thinking that white one earlier was actually an Alolan Vulpix. It would be nice to be proved wrong but it fits too well.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1180148068253097985

https://twitter.com/Owen_Derp/status/1180174534210658304

GET HYPED

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Johnny Joestar posted:

are you perhaps referring to the bright blue horn that it has, because it also shows an actual eye on the left side of its head for a brief moment

Oh ok. That's a horn. For a second I was :chloe: at the cyclops monstrosity that my brain saw

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
If Galargean Ponyta turns out to be Fairy it will be the first time I use a Fairy type on purpose in my team and not just for type coverage.

For a type that is supposed to be cute critters most of the Fairy type designs are ugly af

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
what surprises me is that it's almost 1 month till release and still no reveal on the starter's mid and final evos. I wonder if this is some kind of petty revenge for gen 7 ones being leaked so early

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Ka0 posted:

Depending on your starter choice as well as team types, the Galar league champion will field a different team

but will she receive a gold coated Switch to properly defend her title online?

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I just want to know what the cool monkey, the cute chameleon and the trash bunny evolve into :(

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
How many actual new non galar form pokemons have they revealed? The starters, wooloo, corgy, metal bird, the tortoise, ghost teacup, ice cream and impdimp? The new region gonna have only 30 new pokes or what

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Also I don't remember SM trailers giving away that much information about the game basically they showcased trials, totem pokemons, ultra beasts, team skull and the aether foundation which is a fair outline for the game. It's not like they revealed in the trailers that Lusamine BIG BAD despite her design shouting otherwise.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Sorry if it's an unpopular opinion, but the gigantamegazords that were revealed today all look like something that came out of a "draw x pokemon from memory" youtube video.

Also I got remembered of a scene in the I think 3rd pokemon movie where Entei has Charizard pinned down and about to kill it with a point blank Hyper Beam.

Back then little kid me was "please somebody stop him", but nowadays I am "Good. Just do it already".

stop the charizardkle jerk we've had enough forms

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Oct 17, 2019

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/shofu/status/1184866460939771904

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
After getting the shaft with megas and Alolan forms, Machamp gets his dues

https://twitter.com/serperoir/status/1184974873946402816

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
yeah you had the sci fi channel guys that were chasing after Necrozma. they imply there are more

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
we are 1 month away now

someone give me the starter evos now!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
He did rate them though. The thing is he thought the same about every nickname "mmmm POOPOO is good but I think you can do better...Got it! It's new name is DONGS. That's a lot better, DONGS seems really happy about it!"

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

This is still one of my favorite moments of the anime. this whole episode was bonkers

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dexnav is close to becoming obsolete though, what with overworld sprites and all. Granted, SwSh limits this only to the wild zone from what people have reported, but it's definitely where the games are heading towards.

Mythical Events as far as my memory serves sucked because a) you had to get an item by mystery trade or some other bullshit by driving to a Gamestop or similar which sucks for non US/European players and b) said "events" ingame amounted to using event item in place x to go to place y and fight and capture the Mythical.

If Mythical events were to be reincorporated they would have to make changes to address both of these problems like a) having the items be downloadable via Internet and b) having an actual event tied to the Mythical (like episode Delta for Deoxys). Heck, you can fuse the best of both worlds and have a DLC/Expansion pack that introduces new questlines that culminate in the capture of the mythical

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Oct 30, 2019

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

One of the biggest crimes product of removing the National Dex is that the adorable cabbage frog is no longer the first thing you see upon opening the Pokedex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

I've been waiting for 3 generations for Machamp to get something. Anything. And now I'm hoping this is a big fake leak troll.