Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

new! pokémon stadium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Scholtz posted:

Anyone asking to bring back mega evolution is a bad person. It's extremely painful for the pokemon.

Scholtz posted:

2016 wasn't ready for my visionary ideas :shrug:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Mega64 posted:

A person can care for the wellbeing of Pokemon while also wanting to gently caress them.

oh word?

rox
Sep 7, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

i want megas to come back because they're cool

rox
Sep 7, 2016

oh ok

rox
Sep 7, 2016

im gonna get a sparkly pokemon with a silly hat because pokemon is ftw

rox
Sep 7, 2016

if u hate this u r my enemy

rox
Sep 7, 2016

aaaaand there goes the battle!!

rox
Sep 7, 2016

stadium ftw

rox
Sep 7, 2016

real

verified

rox
Sep 7, 2016

wow do u want her 2 get into a crash or somethin? smh

rox
Sep 7, 2016

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Looper posted:

i love pokemon

rox
Sep 7, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxhyvwJRdDA

rox
Sep 7, 2016

oddium posted:

megas were insanely good

rox
Sep 7, 2016

rox
Sep 7, 2016

megalolan stones

rox
Sep 7, 2016

i love ribbons and spikes, woe betide my foes

rox
Sep 7, 2016

oddium posted:

all games should have a european extreme

rox
Sep 7, 2016

lol

rox
Sep 7, 2016

if i havent watched the anime since literally the first season , wheres a good jumping in point and wheres good to watch it

rox
Sep 7, 2016

The Gillman posted:

I’m going through seasons with my kid. We started with Journeys(the Netflix series) and then went to the Sun and Moon one after. I would recommend starting there. Alola has new forms of Pokémon you remember from the first season and I found the animation style really entertaining

We did black and white after that and now X and Y but I still stand by Alola. I personally stopped when during the Johto stuff when I was younger

awesome thanks! :cheers:

im familiar with all the new pokemon as ive kept up with the games, so that wont be an issue :3

rox
Sep 7, 2016

thank you all :D

rox
Sep 7, 2016

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Looper posted:

hello this was me a couple of years ago and i decided to watch alola after hearing ash actually won the league and then decided to go back and watch all of it. currently on sinnoh!

-the alola seasons are fantastic and tbh a great place to jump in because there's a new art style, ash is in school instead of traveling around, and the region is really small so you have a very strong recurring cast instead of endless "characters of the day," i think only like a couple of people don't show up at least twice. it is, imo, the best the pokemon anime has ever been

-the kanto/orange islands arcs are still good and worth watching because they hadn't really settled into an ironclad formula and some of the episode plots can get pretty goofy (in a good way) as a result. the designs for one off characters are stronger here than they end up being later and relatedly i kinda dig how all of the kanto gym leaders deviate from their game designs

- johto and hoenn both really settle into a formula and it starts to wear pretty thin pretty quickly. hoenn mixes things up with may and her pokemon contests and ash starts to get more hands on with actually training his team, but you also have max who is extremely annoying and i think the digital coloring looks worse. probably not the best place to start

-sinnoh is pretty good so far, feels like the writing staff has started trying harder and doing some more interesting things, like giving ash a fire starter abused by its previous trainer but examining the consequences of that upbringing instead of leaving it up to implication, or giving him an actual rival who shows up more than four times in a 150 episodes. a decent place to start

as for where to watch stuff, the official site has kanto/orange islands, hoenn/battle frontier, and alola available for free. pokeflix.tv is a specialized site with dubs only of all but the newest stuff i think, but i use 9anime for my anime watching and they have everything i believe

many thx! :3:

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Mega64 posted:

Give me starters without legs.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

catdog

rox fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 4, 2022

rox
Sep 7, 2016

:negative:

godspeed nando, may you live to see the end 🙏

rox
Sep 7, 2016

also if youre each using one joycon, you can run around with her on the map and even do double battles :3

https://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-lets-go-pikachu-eevee/How_to_Play_2_Player_Co-Op

also also, the lets go games are the only ones ive ever seen go on sale, and usually around the holidays (not sure abt eshop, but in store definitely)

rox
Sep 7, 2016

pokemon ftw

i hope theres a new flygon

rox
Sep 7, 2016

indigi posted:

I haven't watched the trailer yet but based on this I’m already fully erect

indigi posted:

it is with a heavy heart I must report that I've already inadvertently seen horny Farigiraf art, though I’m thankful it was (technically) SFW

please dont post like this in the pokémon thread

rox
Sep 7, 2016

oddium posted:

thread title is magmar erasure

rox
Sep 7, 2016

noooooo :(

rox
Sep 7, 2016

:pwn:

rox