Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Does the hatching aide have to be in first position, or am I misremembering?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

OK thanks, I thought I remembered that but I don't remember where I read it...

*goes back to breeding HA Darumakas*

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

AlternateNu posted:

I've got a box full of 4-5IV Modest HA Snom's if anyone wants them. They're going to be my Christmas dispersal on Wednesday. :v:

I would gladly trade one of my better HA Jolly Darumakas for one of those tomorrow

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Cheering has a chance of doing one of several things, including breaking any barrier, setting up reflect or light screen, healing some HP for the whole team, or giving everyone focus energy. There may be others but I'm not sure.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Araxxor posted:

Machamp doesn't use No Guard anymore since confusion got nerfed last gen. It's Guts all the way now.

Even if it doesn't want to run Dynamic Punch anymore, Stone Edge and Cross Chop are still low enough accuracy to be worth no-guard for me. Even if it runs Close Combat, Stone Edge is still valuable coverage.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

whats the best way to get HAs in this gen? Specifically a zen mode Darumaka

in general 4* and higher raids, for darumaka specifically I bred a bunch of good ones so I could give you one if you want it later (am at work now)

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Finally got and started Sword!

It's very cute so far. My only complaints are A) giving me access to random encounters before Pokeballs. Don't tempt me! And B) the bump sound when you walk into a wall. I gotta check everywhere, don't punish me for it!

Your mom actually slips some poke balls into your bag before you head out to route 1 for real... if you use one of them, you (finally) get to skip the catch tutorial!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I just went with Fish Head.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Was anyone else annoyed that Hop loses his will to live after Bede (Beed? Bayday?) beats him once, even though you've been making GBS threads on Hop's soul since day one? If anyone gets to take credit for breaking Hop, it's me and my green beast Brochacho.

it's Beed. His plant reference is Beetroot and Bede is a famous monk/historian from olde england

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

The Golden Gael posted:

so what's Galarian Mega Slowbro gonna look like if he ain't got no tailshell

Seeing as it comes from the island of Armor, probably some kind of chest or shoulder or back armor? Slowking obviously still has some kind of crown.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

The best part is that free DLC game on the switch reveals he's actually one of the 4 heroes that stopped a cosmic catastrophe that would of erased existence itself and gives Galacta Knight is proper title of the Aeon Hero. Like it's heavily implied he's the one that sealed void after the great Magician vs Science war in the past.

He's finally getting elaborated on!!!

E: Btw the free downloadable game on the switch has some crazy lore reveals for some loving reason and shows Hyness and the Mage Sisters got better and now chill out on popstar as Kirby's friend. So Star Allies villains got off easy and there's actually a gay couple in Kirby lore.

So what was the deal with Morpho Knight, then? and it, like, taking over/replacing Galacta Knight?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I think they mean two of the three Mages from Star Allies but I don't know which two.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Filthy Haiku posted:

Can we talk about how weird it is that Wooloo doesn't learn rollout? Because it seems weird to me.

Yes this is weird.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Wooloo believe rolling should only be used for defense and pleasure. No True Wooloo would ever roll to harm another for to do so would sully the purity of rolling.

I will accept this reasoning.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Hidden Abilities aren't guaranteed to be inherited by children, though, it's only a 60% chance I believe?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Nth Doctor posted:

Your controller should vibrate in time with the shakes of the tree, too.

Yeah I can usually get it safely without even looking.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Zore posted:

Neither are exclusive, the form is based on Nature.

For the event den, the forms are version exclusive.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Flopsy posted:

Out of curiosity is Hatterene's gigantamax better than it's dynamax or no?

confusion for Giganta Hatterene, misty terrain for regular fairy moves.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Pentaro posted:

Additionally, I believe Net is slightly better than Repeat for bugs and water types.

As good as repeat, but better than dusk.

The Golux fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 9, 2020

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Bobulus posted:

Yep, I transfered some Meltans to SwSh to see if I could just evolve them by leveling (they don't seem to), then put them back in Home and they were equally unGTSable.

Someone on Reddit claimed that friend code trades might work for these sorts of mythicals when they're not allowed in GTS, but I haven't tested this.

I mean if they could evolve in SwSh it wouldn't be by level, it'd be trade with metal coat or something.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

nah, G-Max Bugpocalypse, calculates damage based on the user's defense or special defense.

Edit: I'd suspect its actual G-Max move would be bug type but would be something like healing all team members 25% by squirting out berry juice or something

The Golux fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 12, 2020

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Flopsy posted:

So I'm now hearing the same error going around in surprise trade applies to wonder box and it will lock you out of the app if you receive a maliciously hacked mon. These fuckers are the absolute worst....

I am getting error 500 code 9013, I hope that if this is what it is they fix it soon ::/ I can't get into home at all right now...

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Flopsy posted:

Ah jeez that's rough buddy. :(

Update, I was able to get in this morning, so we'll see if it stays accessible or has the error again...

qnqnx posted:

It is either "Japan oriented game mechanics", "copying stuff from Go" or both at the same time.

:Road to El Dorado "Both is Good" scene gif but with "good" replaced with "bad":

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Wooloo apparently tackles by rolling. It should still learn rollout.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Eimi posted:

Except Wooloo stops rolling as Dubwool. It doesn't even use it's head for headbutt. :argh:

There's actually an explanation for this, its dex entry in shield specifically says that dubwool's horns are entirely for display and it never uses them for fighting.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

For example, it used to be

"I am a big jerk"

instead of

Bede
"I am a big jerk"

in some text boxes where the name should have been, I think.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

not any, but quite a few!

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I am also waiting to get my Great Ball Guy shirt (or at least have it saying that I can't get it go away). It's getting really annoying.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Also very few pokemon actually care about all six stats, most can neglect one or the other attacking stat.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

One issue with mega evolutions is that since they can't increase HP they make everything even more rocket tag and the defensive ones can't do that much. Comparatively, Dynamaxing *only* increases HP and gives access to better moves, so it works as more of a survival tactic. Mega Evolutions with a limited time of activation would be interesting to see how they balance out.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

On the other side Mega's changing abilities and even typings along side possible defensive stats means there's actually way more design and strategy space around them because even as 'competative' as some of the GMAX pokes can be they're still mostly second stringing to "MAke my sweeper huge and also build stats while nuking." which is really just rocket tag but you can delay the explosion by an extra turn or two but then the enemy rocket is huge and fully set up.

Oh, mega evolving definitely has some advantages too and being able to rearrange a pokemon's ability, stats, and typing definitely has a bigger impact on how they perform, I just think it would have been a lot more useful if it could have affected HP too.

Also Z-Moves would have been better if they had secondary effects like G/Max moves do.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No because G/D moves having pure Stat Ups+Big nuke just makes sweepers into ultra set up sweepers. The weird booster/effect Z-Moves being something you have to choose to use instead of damage is actually way better for design space because it's something that actually has a cost and let you do thigns that can be way more fun than Hyper Beam +SpD up/down.

I meant compared to the vast majority of Z-moves that people actually used, which are nothing but big damage nukes.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Oh boy, a... hidden ability... Galarian Ponyta.

friggan useless anticipation, why are you even in the dang game

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Pentaro posted:

You could get them if you don't mind the fact that they fell from a truck, if you know what I mean...

That's how I got mine because yeah, gently caress Go.

I would like to know how that actually works mechanically and also what balls they come in (I assume poke)

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Pentaro posted:

That's the thing, I don't think you can legally get a Melty in a Heavy ball yet. The bot has some legality checks built in in order to be able to trade your pokemans.

Yeah I was wondering/hoping about that but since Meltan in SwSh can only come from Let's Go, I think the only legal balls are normal/great/ultra/premier/master.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Carlosologist posted:

Do Max Raids scale with the number of badges you earn?

The star ratings you can find in the wild area do.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

You're making me want to click the youtube link. Why shouldn't I?

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Kurieg posted:

You got me. Dude hasn't tweeted at all since he made that post.

I presume he was trying to link the DYK Gaming video that he did on the subject but why the gently caress was fox news anywhere near this guy's twitter timeline.

Okay then! Perhaps I will seek out the DYKG video separately then.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

do u believe in marigolds posted:

There's a current raid event that has a higher chance of getting shiny Pikachu, much like the Magikarp event from the beginning of the year and the Wailord one from a little while ago. As I'm writing this I'm fighting a shiny Alola Raichu. It was definitely hacked because it's modest with perfect IVs except attack which is no good. But I'm gonna use him.

5-star raids are almost always 5 perfect IVs, so that part isn't TOO strange. Being good nature AND having the right drop IV and all the way to 0 makes it pretty unlikely I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Yeah, the prize alolan ditto is perfect.

Also my theory is that Digging Ma is just too strong for her shovels.