Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I'm more into them changing the scene where Team Rocket names cgi silhouettes, and does it wrong. Alakazam is not a Scyther.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9xbcJT8Ah4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Dienes posted:

This is by design, to balance the fire starter with the two good first stages and terrible third.

You mean they both have bad middle stages and good 1st and finals like drat near every good starter.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Solumin posted:

:kimchi: This is adorable

It took me a second, but yeah.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

gen v has a weird and boring story that everyone pretends is better than the best one (hgss)

They're right.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Zore posted:

I wish Alolan Raichu had longer arms. Its weird short stumps just look bad.

Otherwise its good as hell

You gotta give something up to become a Biotic God.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

thetoughestbean posted:

Wasn’t it Pachirisu?

That was a Korean player. Raichu can do the same thing minus a little defense.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

And it shows that Ekans and Koffing are good boys that listen to their bad trainers.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Pharohman777 posted:

I wanna see stuff like a young psychic pokemon deciding to go on a pokemon journey... as a trainer.

A Kirila in a little cloak trying her best to appear as a young human psychic.

That's what Oranguru do when not running a "juice" bar in the forest.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Vinylshadow posted:

Such a pity it took them wasting Buzzwole, Xurkitree, Blacephalon, Stakataka, Poipole, Naganadel, Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma to finally get the Ultra Beasts right

They did not waste Buzzwole at all. It was perfect.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Diet Poison posted:

Anyone know if these are locked into a nature or if I'm going to have to soft-reset a bunch for the 1% likelihood I'll ever use one of these guys? I haven't picked them up yet cause I'm playing HeartGold again AKA "Call Screening Simulator 2008". Haha, gently caress you Todd.

You can just breed them with Ditto to pass on the HA. The only reason why we couldn't get them before is because they don't call their own species during a wild battle.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Crosspeice posted:

Woo isn't this riveting.

I do like them leaving the names in since it's fun to learn various names, but it's just fansubs doing it for the heck of it, or they don't like the English names. I would say watch the dub to alleviate this, but no one should watch the dub.

To simulate watching the dub, mute the sound and replace it with bland garbage unless its from the games or the Team Rocket theme.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Do they really? Ever asked about Card Captor Sakura?

Or OG Sailor Moon?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kurieg posted:

They're COUSINS.

That too. I was talking about Zephrite and Kunzite/Malachite.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Larryb posted:

Nobody, they meant Nephrite (though unlike Uranus/Neptune, that particular relationship only existed in the 90's Sailor Moon anime).

Nah I memory holed Zoicite. I haven't watched that in years.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Alxprit posted:

You get a free kickass Latias.

You can get it on OG Sappire, but it roams and is destined to have bad ivs in everything but HP. I'm talking single digits.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

mandatory lesbian posted:

mega-garchomp arguably becomes worse since its speed goes down when it evolves. idk if any other pokemon mega-evos are considered worse tho

maybe slowbro? I think it loses regenerator which is a really good ability

Nope. It just turns into a different kind of tank that you can't crit. You can argue that Regenrator Audino gets worse in single battles.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Apr 19, 2019

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The White Dragon posted:

that psyduck looks disgusting

I used to think that too, but it grew on me.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

less laughter posted:

I just noticed that 50% of all Drampa are female so that's another Mr. Mime-like localization

Not really since its Japanese name, Jijilong/ron, has the word "Jiji" (gramps/old man) in it.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 26, 2019

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Bongo Bill posted:

Please choose the best fifty episodes of the anime, and then up to fifty more that provide necessary context, and post them in chronological order. I will, however, still not watch them. Thank you.

I'll make you watch all the "Getting lost in a forest and meet a trainer named Daton/Damon" episodes, Clockwork Orange style.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Eh, Kiawe gets to use his and Sophocles actually battled with Metang in one episode. I feel like their Ride Pokemon would just fill and balance their teams for battle, the only one who would come out seemingly OP would be Mallow.

You mean Ash, right? He has the Garchomp.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

elemental punches alakazam........

It was a worthwhile sacrifice for Hitmonchan to be slightly less of a joke.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The White Dragon posted:

my #4 favorite pokemon is never a worthwhile sacrifice for hitmonchan

I disagree. And it wasn't that much of a sacrifice when it got Shadow Ball to make up for it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Flopsy posted:

Oh you dear sweet summer child you're hoping for the same thing I hoped for about 5 or 6 seasons ago. I'm sorry it ain't gonna happen.

It happened during the beginning of Johto. Him owning Casey was great, but his Gym battles sucked.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Waterfall of Salt posted:

Let's take a look at Ash's league results and what caused them.

Kalos: Ash narrowly loses to character introduced fighting champions and elite four members, they immediately team up in the following arc and there Ash has the upper hand. That arc itself is a nice send-off to "classic-style" Pokémon.

And no one gave a single gently caress about it, because that outcome killed the show immediately.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Eox posted:

1-50: Go West, Young Meowth

Supplemental materials: Go West, Young Meowth

Sneak the Litten/Stoutland saga in that, too. One has an Alolan Persian set a house on fire on it's free time because it's a dick.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

If they put that in Sword/Shield I'd use Furfrou on all my teams. That's better than Dandy mode.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

less laughter posted:

They’re foreshadowing Porygon3

They'll name the 4th Porygon Porygon One.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Oxyclean posted:

How was Talonflame's line revealed?

A random wireframe model a guy was working on before the game titles were even announced.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Procrastine posted:

Wasn't that Pikipek?

I remember it happening during that huge drought between BW2 and X&Y.

E: But I was wrong. I just checked. You're right.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Jun 5, 2019

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

RatHat posted:

What are the odds a new Pokemon is revealed as Smash Bros DLC? Though they like to use final starter Evos as characters and it seems a bit early to reveal those.

They only do that for new Fire Emblem Lords.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

the gigamax stuff specifically mentions only meowth and lapras and i think another

Fat Pikachu.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

alpha_destroy posted:

Primarina is a goddammed treasure.

Especially compared to the horror of the clown-rapist fan art that was around.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Nasgate posted:

Yeah I was about to say "every starter Pokemons second->third evolution"

While evolving to get cuter is uncommon normally, it appears that no mega evolution makes any Pokemon cuter.

Kangaskhan and Salamence.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Panic Restaurant posted:

Excited to pay for the privilege of having my Basculin trapped in gay baby jail for an unspecified period of time

Yeah no one remembers Basculin so that's on the chopping block after the Ultra Beasts.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Live Free posted:

has gamefreak responded, or will they probably ever respond, to the whole Pokémon home Galar dex only fiasco?

No and probably hell no.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Funky Valentine posted:

I'm pretty even Game Freak doesn't know why Heatran exists.

You keep misspelling Heatmor. Stop it.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

oddium posted:

how does the dog retrieve a ball after a failed catch if the ball explodes

Its just that good a dog.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

indigi posted:

I still can’t believe we weren’t allowed onto the golf course

My characters were black, so it felt annoyingly right.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The idiot that reads "Yeah I mean I'd be fine if they had to delay it instead of making the decision to cut pokemon" as "I WANT THEM TO WORK CRUNCH TILL THEY DIE" has no opinions I care about.

yeah but you could be using like...any other mega and be havin more fun in UU.

Maybe I want to use a Hair Band team and got tired of Mega Ampharos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

It sounds like you need to stay off of the other sites if they've got you this riled up. I see the whine videos on YouTube, I don't click even if I might have the same views on it.