Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

blizzardvizard posted:

I'm actually coming around on Scarlet Envy, she's kind of charming in a slightly off-kilter kinda way. The Tammie comparison someone made earlier was apt.
From the first Meet The Queens video all I could think was "This is Milk meets Tammie Brown" and honestly that opinion hasn't changed after the first episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Poulpe posted:

I have not looked at any of these queens at all but based on Soju's makeup job in her promo look I'm rooting for her.

WELP I cursed it.
Does anyone have any other requests for early elim queens or

Wait no, nevermind
I'M ROOTING FOR SILKY :catstare:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

A'Keria's giving me Good At Drag Race. I don't think she's gonna get intimidated or rattled, seems like a grownup.

Yvie and Adore oh my goddddddddd why wasn't there more of them?

These are some justifying-rear end bitches. Watching everyone stammer excuses on the main stage made me flash on Tim Gunn barking "DO NOT DEFEND THE SHOE TO ME". This show has been on the air since the Cambrian explosion, people, have we really not figured out that we are not to defend the metaphorical shoe to Ru? Jesus.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

spite house posted:

These are some justifying-rear end bitches. Watching everyone stammer excuses on the main stage made me flash on Tim Gunn barking "DO NOT DEFEND THE SHOE TO ME". This show has been on the air since the Cambrian explosion, people, have we really not figured out that we are not to defend the metaphorical shoe to Ru? Jesus.

Every single season.
You know you're going to have to make a dress.
You know you're going to have to imitate a celebrity.
You know you're going to have to act and dance and sing.
You know that the judges hate excuses.
COME PREPARED.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Poulpe posted:

Every single season.
You know you're going to have to make a dress.
You know you're going to have to imitate a celebrity.
You know you're going to have to act and dance and sing.
You know that the judges hate excuses.
COME PREPARED.
Soju makes a living reviewing Drag Race and thought "what if I intentionally do a formless mound of tulle, but Korean" would fly

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Whalley posted:

Soju makes a living reviewing Drag Race and thought "what if I intentionally do a formless mound of tulle, but Korean" would fly
Sewing an actual hanbok would have been a piece of cake, too. They take basically no fitting and I found half a dozen YouTube how-tos with one indifferent Google. Come on, now.

Fricassee
Nov 29, 2004
RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 11: ......... Club 90 cyst........

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fricassee posted:

RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 11: ......... Club 90 cyst........

Mods? MODS!

Flossie
Nov 8, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

my partner yelled "bitch you lie" at the TV when sugah said he was 24, I didn't even question it bc I'm pushing close to 40 and I still get carded

Whalley posted:

lmao this was exactly what happened at my place too

Yeah, me three. My husband was like "Jesus they've had a hard life".

I feel sorry for Soju, she's seems like Sasha Belle - they both were super fans who somehow knew nothing about the show and made astoundingly basic mistakes you could see coming from outer space. Plus both were not really ready enough for the show, they needed more time to learn their craft perhaps. Sometimes I think they choose "filler" queens they know are going home early so you don't feel bad for a really great queen getting the boot in the first few weeks.

Echoing everyone that said a) they loved Brooklyn Heights b) they hated Silky being obnoxious and c) they were disappointed by Scarlet Envy's entrance look and attitude.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
:canada:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Scarlets outfit was kind of interesting and she's a pretty boy but something about coming on to drag race with a face like the boys from the footy club doing their drag pub crawl really irks me

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I gotta be honest I just want them to bring Vanjie in as a commentator because I love her more every time she opens her mouth :allears:

RPDR Season 11: "They're not even stuffed!" (alternatively RPDR Season 11: "That dress looks like a rare blood disease")

Is it just me or were there a lot of goddamn leotards on that runway? I agree with Michelle, they're unimaginative as gently caress. At least Soju tried something and failed instead of slapping some poo poo on a bodysuit.

Apparently I am extremely tired of leotards on Drag Race.

RIP Soju, I really wanted you to go further :smith:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
If you gonna wear a leotard you'd better hook your loving boots up to your waist or wear a hell of a wig imo

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I loved Silky for about 3 minutes but then she KEPT. GOING.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Negative: Eliminated first
Positive: You might come back next year if gays around the world make "I got a cyst on my taint" their new catchphrase

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

just realized this morning that we’re now several seasons into the JNT era of drag race

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Echo Video posted:

just realized this morning that we’re now several seasons into the JNT era of drag race

the wuh?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
My favourite part of the premiere was the perspective from the other queens thinking Silky was attacking a producer when she saw through Miley's disguise.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tote up a bags posted:

Negative: Eliminated first
Positive: You might come back next year if gays around the world make "I got a cyst on my taint" their new catchphrase

I'm workin on it on my end at least!

Also count me in on team Scarlet, I love a weird queen and she's got the very genuinely odd and a bit off kilter thing down...probably because it's not an act but heeeeeey.

Plastique is a close second.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Just total lmao at Soju, no excuses. But I guess that applies to like half the bottom. If it is week 1 and you have to get teary eyed, it is going to be a long season.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I thought Shuga was Tay Zonday at first

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

caligulamprey posted:

I loved Silky for about 3 minutes but then she KEPT. GOING.

:same:

Silky's like Eureka 3.0 just trying to hog up all the attention

Scarlet is weird. In that she looks like Pearl done up like a boy and then slapping on a dress.

Soju : Kimchi :: Monet : Bob :: Miley : Lady Gaga

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
this show has developed a pretty painfully incystuous relationship to itself

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

smdh not let's get cystening

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

Goddamn

Also triple echo for Silky being too much, Scarlet's look looking like it shrank in the wash, but I can't say the same for everyone's swoon for Brook Lynne. She didn't really knock my socks off.

Adore and Yvie are marvelous

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.
I hope Silky continues to get everyone's names wrong.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

resting mitch face posted:

Hahaha yeah.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

That really is the ultimate power move

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

I hope Silky loving leans into it and calls the hosts Ron Paul and Michael Vista

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Jr. posted:

Goddamn

Also triple echo for Silky being too much, Scarlet's look looking like it shrank in the wash, but I can't say the same for everyone's swoon for Brook Lynne. She didn't really knock my socks off.

Adore and Yvie are marvelous

Brooke is gonna be the Kameron Michaels of this season, the most Canadian possible result

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

that was an analogy that I am now embarrassed to make because it's like the dorkiest thing I might ever say. JNT is john nathan-turner, a producer of old doctor who in the 80s. he relied a lot on camp & bringing back old characters for publicity.

it's my way of saying: the show has now collapsed in on itself. having both challenges in the first episode be about old queens is just sad. but at least we still have drag race thailand.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

The show has been referencing itself and having challenges based on past queens since forever fwiw

Like it's been a drag race staple for more than half the show's life

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

One of my fave challenges is the S5 'lipsync to classic untucked fights'

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

esperterra posted:

One of my fave challenges is the S5 'lipsync to classic untucked fights'

Yeah that was a great bit. but having a photoshoot with all the returning queens and then having to make an outfit out of whatever fabric some pa thought matched past queen's themes is weak weak sauce.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It gave us Yvie and Adore so I forgive them.

Echo Video
Jan 17, 2004

Pinwiz11 posted:

It gave us Yvie and Adore so I forgive them.

also fair, that was a great pairing

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
At least JNT made Ace. Adore is fantastic.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Echo Video posted:

that was an analogy that I am now embarrassed to make because it's like the dorkiest thing I might ever say. JNT is john nathan-turner, a producer of old doctor who in the 80s. he relied a lot on camp & bringing back old characters for publicity.

it's my way of saying: the show has now collapsed in on itself. having both challenges in the first episode be about old queens is just sad. but at least we still have drag race thailand.

I don't know the reference, I don't watch Doctor Who, but I appreciate your perspective on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
I realize drag dynasties and houses have been a thing for a good while, but it's getting so incestuous that I don't genuinely remember some queens' names. Was that Honey Kardashian Michaels or Trinity Davenport O'Hara... well, maybe if I just wait a few weeks they'll be gone and I won't have to remember.