Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
every now and then I think about how Jade Jolie got away with being fatphobic on camera because she was on the only season without a big queen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Aquaria got a lot better halfway through the season when she ran out of prepared comebacks and catchphrases

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
:canada:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

caligulamprey posted:

I loved Silky for about 3 minutes but then she KEPT. GOING.

:same:

Silky's like Eureka 3.0 just trying to hog up all the attention

Scarlet is weird. In that she looks like Pearl done up like a boy and then slapping on a dress.

Soju : Kimchi :: Monet : Bob :: Miley : Lady Gaga

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Jr. posted:

Goddamn

Also triple echo for Silky being too much, Scarlet's look looking like it shrank in the wash, but I can't say the same for everyone's swoon for Brook Lynne. She didn't really knock my socks off.

Adore and Yvie are marvelous

Brooke is gonna be the Kameron Michaels of this season, the most Canadian possible result

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

the escape goat posted:

Kahanna Montrese looks so much like Coco that it’s almost freaky.

It's not just that but also the way she emotes and moves, it's super freaky

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Probably because taping reviews and watching the show aren't preparation for actually doing drag in a competition

curiousTerminal posted:

I'm kinda surprised nobody did Marina and the Diamonds in like...seasons 5 or 6. Primadonna was loving everywhere and her aesthetic basically created the soft tumblr depression aesthetic from the same time? Electra Heart is probably copyright since she's a character and nobody had done the "do a character but say youre the actress" thing yet. Also I guess the queens don't really use tumblr regularly, the only ones I can think of who ever use/used it are Willam as an askbox and Jinkx because she's a nerd.

tbf that was the one two punch of Marina (she's just Marina now!!) and LDR

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
As if anyone could do Mariah after Shangela

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
drat Silky is annoying, which means she'll be here for two seasons like Eureka

Except Eureka didn't make terrorist jokes about a fellow Drag Race competitor so maybe not

e: real content, I was loving dying the entire time Vanjie did anything holy poo poo

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yvie sticking up for Silky is like the biggest negative for me actually liking her

Mercedes turning it out for the lipsync is definitely :unsmith: moment of the season already

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
it's a thing though, and also incredibly rough on anyone with an eating disorder

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Now I might just be a simple country lawyer but Scarlet just looks like a dude in a wig in and out of drag

Also teetering on the edge of being Milk

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ra'jah and Honey were the bottom two and Scarlet was third imo

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Also did someone forget to give Ru her meds this episode cause she was going ham the entire time when I'm so used to her being detached and even tired of it all

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Watching Season 3 Untucked now and watching the Heathers in action is a big ol' :stare:

The only justice is that Raja plateaued after winning Drag Race and Delta exists as just Ru's hairdresser while Shangela gets to be in an award winning movie with Lady Gaga and Stacey gets to enter Drag Race lexicon and guest star in an All Stars season

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ahhhhh I just watched the Cake Couture Untucked and I had to sit through Delta implying but not owning up to Stacey being kept in the competition only because she's a big queen. And then the Heathers having a good laugh about a backwoods native american, southern black person and two Puerto Ricans not getting white culture.

What a mess

Also Stacey not realizing that she's been gang bullied the entire time is :smith:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Joel and Michelle were having a blast I loved it

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
They gotta bring that guy back for choreo especially when Vanjie (I think?) threw shade at Todrick when she said now they gotta do real professional choreo

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Cocks Cable posted:

Then he was weirdly obnoxious and loud.

I see you don't know much about Joel McHale

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
He was definitely doing it to cheer on the queens and was playing into the character of Loud Straight Bro (not much of a stretch for him) and Michelle was absolutely in on it. You can see her struggle to maintain composure a few times.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Man, Season 3 feels so long.

I'm totally Team Shangela this entire time of course but it's really freakin weird that Shangela got read because she went for a modern country look instead of jeans and cowboy boots.

Also knowing that Carmen Carrera is trans makes it kinda hard to watch herself struggle with her gender dysphoria because she focuses so much on being pretty and feminine that she can't poke fun of herself.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Scarlet sucked, judges were right

Yvie tryna grab her food with tiny arms killed me

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Silky and Vanjie review bombing a nail salon for racial profiling because they charged them before they did their nails is hosed up

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

alf_pogs posted:

the "Plastique needs a personality" critique is pretty hollow when every other episode they're like "holy poo poo Plastique is hilarious wtf". then she gets a chance to show nothin but amazing looks, does it, gets high but no 'snality.

anywho stop jumpin on my girl!!

this, I'm about 95% sure she's getting a "no personality" edit much like how Silky is getting an insanely favourable edit since she's the Loud Personality Hilarious Kween

Ariel's cool I'm gonna miss her and it's kinda insane how the standards of look have become so high (she's the 5th to go!!). I blame beauty standards, now that women have adopted contouring and other techniques from drag queens, fishy queens are basically pressured to look even more polished and beautiful because they have to look as good as if not better than actual women.

Nina keeping it real in untucked cause some young gays keep forgetting the struggle. Thanks Nina!

Akeria's pep talk with Ariel :unsmith:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You know I enjoy a lot of moments here and there every episode but overall this season is super not compelling

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
:canada:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Literally gonna stop watching this season cause Silky just kills all my interest in every episode and I just end up staring at my phone. Doesn't help that she's dragging Vanjie down with her in that doomed friendship.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Plastique, Yvie, Brooklyn and Akeria are my top 4 which I will tune in to watch once Silky the sexual assaulter is eliminated

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
There's like a million reasons to write her off, like how she breaks a sweat doing choreo and makes a joke about feeling like a skinny bitch now when there's Yvie in the corner with her joints ripping apart flashing back to Untucked when it was brought up that it's hurtful when Silky refers disparagingly to thin girls as skinny bitches

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I wouldn't be surprised if Scarlett's real mother was Pearl considering how similar she looks.

If I can praise something it's that the choreo this season is really good because someone at production YouTubed dance studio videos and got actual talented people in. Also the part where Travis Wall took Yvie to the side to make sure she was ok and could handle the performance is something you'd never see Todrick do lmao

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The only queens I will accept lipsyncing their way to the final are Pepmint and Kameron

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

alf_pogs posted:

i know ive been saying it for four or five seasons now but Ru needs a new hairstylist. Michelle's works overtime and it looks amazing but Ru gives the same boring ol look week after week

Mathu blew up at Ru at first episode of Season 9 (allegedly, officially it's for health reasons) and it's been Raven doing makeup and Delta doing wigs ever since.

It hasn't been great

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's like an ever creeping receeding hairline. I have a minor celebration every time Ru shows up nowadays with a wig that isn't the same big blonde thing pushed super high up.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I just saw the Untucked and wow what a mess. Rajah going off, Silky trying to start the literally dumbest drama ever and Adam mansplaining the exact same thing Mirai just said whew

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
https://twitter.com/deaddilf69/status/1114750120548012032

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Finishing up Season 3 now and this one has taken the longest by far because it is the most uncomfortable and unpleasant season. The heavy handedness of the production in setting up queens to leave along with the encouragement of the queens to bring their Heathers offscreen joke onscreen, that awful, awful Untucked episode with the jocks and no one being able to recognize that Yara is having a panic attack and offer comfort, whew

It's also really weird to see it with a post-season viewpoint. Carmen's reluctance to look anything but not extremely femme stemming from her gender dysphoria, Delta's insecurity about her weight, Stacey's country girl getting lost in a big city etc. The thing that makes me most mad is just Alexis having wins taken from her at the end of the season, presumably because they didn't think a PR queen would be good for the brand.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
*walks out onto the runway in a hiphop challenge looking exactly like Lil Kim*

Girl you look like a stripper not a rapper

:confused:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's really weird to see Manila and Raja pretend to not see Alexis's point when she should have won both the song challenge and the jock makeover challenge and instead and feel like the judges have already made up their mind about her. The only explanation is that they'll take any advantage they can get to win and are basically gaslighting her into thinking she could do even better and win.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Had to watch this episode cause I heard my girl Plastique won. Ru felt super exploitive even more so than usual in the workroom though. I love how blatant it feels more when they schedule in these random choreo challenges right before a design challenge so they can throw out some random bullshit to justify their desired winner. Brooke didn't show much personality (in the choreo that we saw like 30 seconds of and maybe 4 seconds of Brooke in it)!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm not saying Plastique didn't deserve the win but imo it was very close to a tie (which they don't like doing) so they had to throw in some random garbage to make the win more thorough as it were.