Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Whalley posted:

No remember Roxxy was a "plus size queen." She fuckin had to call herself that every three seconds because there's no way in hell you'd tell from seeing her, but she definitely branded herself as that.

Well, she was there to make it clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fricassee posted:

RuPaul’s Drag Race Season 11: ......... Club 90 cyst........

Mods? MODS!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

resting mitch face posted:

Well, we did get mermaids in a wheelchair.

But could you imagine a Night of 1000 Midlers category? Every queen on the runway as Winifred.

See, I don't mind because the absolute PERFECT Bette Midler look is her captain of industry one from Beaches, and no one would do it, and I'd be sad/angry. I mean come on it has a built-in reveal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpX80Soj44M&t=18s

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

esperterra posted:

Lowkey one of the best numbers of the movie

Highkey :argh:

Bette got her start playing piano in bath houses, there isn't a more perfect person to have a runway theme for. Which she would judge, ruthlessly.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

esperterra posted:

I've Still Got My Health is the best one tho and you can never deny Otto Titsling

Beaches is perfect

I think it's Gonna Rain Today is also great.

Man that was a good movie.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Next week is either going to be the worst possible thing or some divine counter-culture manna and I just don't see it being anywhere in between.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

big dyke energy posted:

I really really really need to finish binging DRT and catch up with all of you. I only watched the first episode so far but I was super enchanted by everyone (S1) and really excited to get to the parts you guys have been talking about!!

Also, idk if anyone actually follows older season queens on YT or anything, but Violet's got some really fun videos where she and Katya review/talk about old couture runways, which combines my interests of 90s fashion and drag queens talking bullshit nicely:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCPpxrYBaeQ

It's one of the other Runway Rewind videos, and I forget which model it is, but my partner who is massively into fashion watched it and they make some mention of someone looking like they were on booze and ALL the pills, which of course she utterly was, being the 90's. It's hilarious seeing those big name models. Ah the age of the supermodel.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

garthoneeye posted:

I thought she was going for Hindu goddess Kali.

"Slutty Death, Destroyer of Worlds" is going to be a hit this halloween.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

GrandmaParty posted:

Watch camp wannakiki. It's great.

Entertaining but... definitely low budget.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I'm Brooke's entire series of head movements on unucked

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
SHUT UP AND gently caress JESUS

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Lmao I finally watched the Drag Race Thailand finale and there was NO WAY it ended anyway except from the way it did.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
http://www.club95.fr/index.html

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

esperterra posted:

me watching brooke say poutine in a bad quebecois accent

Jr. posted:

Enjoying some putain for lunch

I mean the joke was right there Brook, it was right there. I know Brook is from Toronto but so am I, I can do a better Quebecois accent than that.

For americans, poutine is fries, gravy, and cheese curds - putain is a whore.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Vintersorg posted:

. Celine's accent is not that thick but aside from that there is no like, character with Celine - she's just an amazing singer.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Vintersorg posted:

Apologies then as I've never paid attention to her nor follow her. I had no idea she was known as this weirdo. And I am Canadian too, haha.

Oh my god you have no idea how crazy entertaining Celine is

watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXD4BGvPngM

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
And like early 90's French Celine??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzaTyxMduH4

I'd kill for this lipsync.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

alf_pogs posted:

just when you think youve seen all she has to offer there's more and its always worse

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/741904787361300481?lang=en

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
https://twitter.com/nickdesideri/status/1039994396249399297?lang=en

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I didn't like Scarlet at first, then kind of grew to like her, then didn't think about her, and now we're here.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Take it from me, a mod star is not a "congrats"

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

esperterra posted:

i would sticky the asioaf thread and walk away

The last TBB mod I can think of cross-forum probated someone who was creeping on her WoW character leveling service and was promptly removed

Also if you can figure out how to cross-forum probate, don't.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Silky and Eureka as a team for AS5

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Sure, Drag Race UK is fine and all but

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzOKCABBHaV/?igshid=w89fmciblmr5

Start your engine, eh.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Brook is very representative of Canadian Face.

Alternatively, Scott Thompson.

See though, Scott Thompson in the Ross Matthews role? Perfect.

Or should I say, Francesca Fiore.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
It's too good a name. RIOT

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The middle part of this:

was not a good take

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

jit bull transpile posted:

Yeah that middle part is a huge yikes but death threats are way out of line.

Oh totally death threats are never cool

Hollow did then go on to have an insta live blaming toxic masculinity for gays not reporting rape because if they weren't open to sex all the time from anyone then they wouldn't be men anymore, because men gently caress and :hmmyes:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I just hate and do not understand the thing around Hollow's neck, just... why? Are they cold?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Well, epissode 3 of Dragula was interesting

I am glad I am not sharing that freezer

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
So uh, a bunch of Ru girls will be in residence at the Flamingo in Las Vegas for six months, replacing Donny and Marie Osmond.

Those featured performers will include Aquaria, Asia O'Hara, Coco Montrese, Derrick Barry, Eureka O'Hara, India Ferrah, Kahanna Montrese, Kameron Michaels, Kim Chi, Naomi Smalls, Shannel and Yvie Oddly.

https://www.etonline.com/rupaul-announces-rupauls-drag-race-live-vegas-residency-131943

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2HH4vUF70c/?igshid=1e1yjt8sk5bv6

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Deathlove posted:

I tuned in yesterday to the moment Tyra beat Raven

Difficult to do when that moment never happened

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
One of the Dragula queens has a hat that says "BLEAT" in impact font for their workroom look which is fine but if they move their head to ANY angle I read it as "BI FAT" which I assume is like gay fat, but slightly less judgmental.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
(Dragula Spoilers for like, weeks from now, because time doesn't work right anymore)

GOODBYE Hallow. I'm sorry nobody let you wear your frozen used tampon dress but going on a another goddamn rant about how menstruation is what makes women women and single-handedly ruining your whole post-binary gender thing while ignoring transwomen was a disaster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpy75q2DDow

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Behind Maslow posted:

I was beyond happy to see them go. It's unfortunate that they are the personification of Tumblr and Reddit. Every time they opened their gaping maw and more self righteous vomit clogged my ear drums, I wanted them gone more and more. The baby rant finally broke me and I watched Fox news for like half an hour.

They're pleasant to look at, not to listen to.

Landon better make top 3 tho.

Landon was great but I agree with the Boulets that crawling was a bad idea. That costume was so well executed but if you can't see it, what's the point. I wasn't jazzed about the Night Elf thing from the previous episode either, it's like "yes I guess that is the box art from WoW but male" and I wasn't living for it.

Did you have a point?

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I can C+P one from reddit

quote:

This was really interesting. Some thoughts:

Delta somewhat admits her wigs were a little crunchy on TV. She thought she did great work when she was there, but realized it didn't look as great a year later on TV, and she kinda learned from that. I appreciate self-awareness.

Delta had the (unspoken?) option to buy new wigs and potentially try new styles. She apparently did that once (?) and they reimbursed her. She didn't do it often because I guess she didn't want to rock the boat? Apparently Mathu brought in his own wigs because the crap they have on deck was well, crap. She says Ru approved all the wigs, which is to be expected since they ultimately sit on her head, but like... try out new things? I guess Mathu was more comfortable with experimenting because he had worked with Ru for so long.

Delta is... idealistic? She bought the whole "we're a big happy family" line loads of corporations like to use. Idk if it's a generational thing or maybe I'm just a jaded bitch, but I feel like everyone should really know better in this late-stage capitalistic bloated corpse of a society we live in. Companies only care about their bottom line. Everyone is expendable. That's it.

Delta thinks she was canned because of a somewhat poorly-timed joke she made to an angry Ru about him "never doing anything himself." Maybe that was it, but idk, I think she's discounting how loud the fans have been about her wig styles these past three (four? five? there are so many, who knows anymore ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) seasons. WoW reads this poo poo, and they probably knew how the people felt about her hair, and that factored into their decision to give her the boot.

Everything else was pretty much stuff we already knew. She was invited to do AJ but she didn't want to do hair for anyone but Ru because she isn't certified. She also didn't want to join the union. They found someone else, who I guess is certified and union. They used him for RPDRUK and ultimately decided to use him going forward.

Alaska was hilariously quiet throughout this entire interview. She's a really interesting character. I bet she knows this interview will piss WoW off, and she doesn't want to seem too involved because she wants to maintain her relationship with WoW.

Basically, Delta quite literally bought into the 'Mama Ru' persona hook, line, and sinker. But that's just what it is, a persona, which is perfectly fine IMO. I kinda feel bad for her and I hope she finds success.

It'd be nice if they could get Raven. That's who I'd really love to hear from about all this, but like Alaska, she'll probably never be caught on a mic saying a bad word about WoW and Ru.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

big black turnout posted:

Hope the scab never finds work again tbh

I kind of want to work as Ru's wigline blurrer, just sitting there, blurring out the wigline

whoever they go to do Ru's hair for Drag Race UK is much better and I guess taking over that role for the 19 spin offs we're getting now

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Rollins and Ru are long time friends for reasons I don't care to remember.

I think there's an episode of him on that show where Ru drove celebrities around.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I already have this thread bookmarked so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
We have between Drag Race, All Stars, DRUK, DRUT, DRUC, Dragula, and Campawanakiki

One thread seems fine