Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

After reading Cubone's post I'm submitting this as thread content:

Lambert posted:

Sierra Mist is a competitor to Mountain Dew. It's still a meme entry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

big nipples big life posted:

Did it really hurt the NFL? The ratings were already in decline and even with football man not stand up out of the league the ratings aren't coming back. I think the NFL is in a decline for unrelated reasons.

Colin Kaepernick recently won an arbitration case against the NFL in his favor alleging that teams colluded to keep him from playing football and awarded him anywhere from $60-80 million in damages, so I'd say the NFL didn't prevail on that one.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Cubone posted:

ok
- by “meme entry” I did not mean “literally any joke entry at all”
- I understood the joke and did not need it explained to me
- I know what Sierra Mist is and did not need it explained to me
- I mentioned the joke because I thought the joke was funny, and not for no reason

thank you but I do not need your help with my posts, please do not help me again, thank you. bye

lmbo

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
The Xbone launch with always-on internet DRM was an unbelievable PR disaster when military dudes started complaining that they had no way of playing the new console. Microsoft replied they should stick to the Xbox 360 because the Xbox One isn't designed for them. :laffo:

There was other comical failures with the Xbone at launch, like Kinect being part of the console and absolutely no one used or cared about it. MS stopped talking about the Kinect gradually and quietly released a console SKU sans Kinect not too long after. I wonder how much money they flushed down the toilet on Kinect.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 2, 2019

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Colin Kaepernick recently won an arbitration case against the NFL in his favor alleging that teams colluded to keep him from playing football and awarded him anywhere from $60-80 million in damages, so I'd say the NFL didn't prevail on that one.

That is such an insane amount of money that it mustve been a can't lose case for Kaepernick and if the case had proceeded the NFL or major franchises would probably get outed for actual criminal activity over the course of his getting shunned.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The Xbone launch with always-on internet DRM was an unbelievable PR disaster when military dudes started complaining that they had no way of playing the new console. Microsoft replied they should stick to the Xbox 360 because the Xbox One isn't designed for them. :laffo:

There was other comical failures with the Xbone at launch, like Kinect being part of the console and absolutely no one used or cared about it. MS stopped talking about the Kinect gradually and quietly released a console SKI sans Kinect not too long after. I wonder how much money they flushed down the toilet on Kinect.

The first kinect sold like 30 million units and made back its entire dev cost and then some. The second kinect was part of murdering the Bone so hard to place costs on that.

Whats important here is its not PR that killed the Bone, it was hiring the guy responsible for loving up the launch of the PS3 to launch your new system who then went on to do all the same stupid loving PR poo poo he did with the PS3 with the Bone

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

A video game take so hot, it must be taken back?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

pentyne posted:

That is such an insane amount of money that it mustve been a can't lose case for Kaepernick and if the case had proceeded the NFL or major franchises would probably get outed for actual criminal activity over the course of his getting shunned.

I really wouldn't be surprised if basically any investigation would open the bloodgates of incredible amounts of illegal activity.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual posted:

A video game take so hot, it must be taken back?

I quoted my post again instead of editing because I'm too cool for school, just like Microsoft's games division.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
A local restaurant made a big stink about not showing nfl anymore 2 seasons ago and all the comments on Facebook that weren’t from boot lickers brought up the fact that they closed at 2pm on Sundays, an hour after kickoff, and were closed on Mondays.

At some point this season they went out of business. Not because of football man kneeling, but because they kept getting written up in the news for some semi serious health code violations that made the locals stop going.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theres that dude who owned a sports store stopped selling all Nike gear due to the Kaep ad and he went bankrupt as he was surprised that apparently people who gave a drat about that were a tiny minority

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Barudak posted:

Theres that dude who owned a sports store stopped selling all Nike gear due to the Kaep ad and he went bankrupt as he was surprised that apparently people who gave a drat about that were a tiny minority

The majority of people go about their lives in a fog, and as long as they get their shiny gee-gaws, all is well and good.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

why isn't this ad on youtube so everyone can see dennys shame for ever

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Dennys made up for it by giving us Nannerpus

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

big nipples big life posted:

After reading Cubone's post I'm submitting this as thread content:

lol @ reading that weirdo response and siding with it.

Cubone posted:

ok
- by “meme entry” I did not mean “literally any joke entry at all”
- I understood the joke and did not need it explained to me
- I know what Sierra Mist is and did not need it explained to me
- I mentioned the joke because I thought the joke was funny, and not for no reason

thank you but I do not need your help with my posts, please do not help me again, thank you. bye

I think you're getting a bit too defensive about the fact you didn't know what "Sierra Mist" is.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 3, 2019

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Lambert posted:

I think you're getting a bit too defensive about the fact you didn't know what "Sierra Mist" is.

You have been owned really badly and this is a shameful attempt to recover face. Begone wretch

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Nah. Dude didn't know about Sierra Mist and got weid about it.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 3, 2019

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Nobody talk to Lambert; they are crazy.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Sierra Mist PR Rep ITT

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018

There was other comical failures with the Xbone at launch, like Kinect being part of the console and absolutely no one used or cared about it. MS stopped talking about the Kinect gradually and quietly released a console SKU sans Kinect not too long after. I wonder how much money they flushed down the toilet on Kinect.

The best thing about the Kinect debacle was that it was revealed to be always online and listening...at the same time the NSA scandal broke

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lambert posted:

Nah. Dude didn't know about Sierra Mist and got weid about it.

You’re really dumb lol

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Barudak posted:

Right-wing fascists are always going to be in the very vocal, whiny minority, so any idiots who agree and/or pander to them are going to suffer consequences because you can't sustain a business on bigotry and racism. See: the GOP who lost Congress and countless other elections recently in the midterms.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Lambert posted:

Sierra Mist is not a competitor to Mtn Dew as they are owned by the same company. It is a competitor to Sprite as they are both lemon-lime. Mtn Dew's competitor is Mello Yellow. I think you are the one who doesn't know what Sierra Mist is.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Lambert, tell us your thoughts on Dr. Pepper. I hear he's not even a real doctor.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Sierra Mist is not a competitor to Mtn Dew as they are owned by the same company. It is a competitor to Sprite as they are both lemon-lime. Mtn Dew's competitor is Mello Yellow. I think you are the one who doesn't know what Sierra Mist is.

It was all brilliant satire you didn't get.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

hilarious tbh 😂😂

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
hrm...making some life changes here and accepting that dr. pepper tastes better than coke

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lambert posted:

are you saying that I missed something obvious, and, when somebody explained it to me, I felt embarrassed and tried to save face by trying and failing to make it seem like my apparent slip-up was actually the shortcoming of a polite stranger who did nothing wrong?
gosh, sounds like I put myself in quite the pickle.
do you think I should just admit that I made a silly mistake, or would it be better to pointlessly drag it out?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cubone posted:

are you saying that I missed something obvious, and, when somebody explained it to me, I felt embarrassed and tried to save face by trying and failing to make it seem like my apparent slip-up was actually the shortcoming of a polite stranger who did nothing wrong?
gosh, sounds like I put myself in quite the pickle.
do you think I should just admit that I made a silly mistake, or would it be better to pointlessly drag it out?

I’d suggest posting a Pr disaster.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Oh, another very awesome PR disaster was back in 2017 when Adidas decided to send out emails to Boston Marathon participants congratulating them for "surviving" the race. The same Boston Marathon that was bombed in 2013. Adidas immediately apologized publicly for their mistake... but how didn't they catch it in the first place??? It's hard to forget that the Boston Marathon was subject to an attack!

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

The first kinect sold like 30 million units and made back its entire dev cost and then some. The second kinect was part of murdering the Bone so hard to place costs on that.

The second Kinect killed a lot of games companies too.
Some were backing on it taking off, then no one bought the poo poo.

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
There's so many attacks now I can't remember what has and hasn't been attacked

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Burt Sexual posted:

I’d suggest posting a Pr disaster.
WWE Smackdown was one of the first mass public gatherings after the September 11 terrorist attacks, which had taken place two days earlier. embracing pro wrestling's age-old "show must go on" attitude, WWE turned the episode into a patchwork of regular wrestling storylines with public displays of both patriotism and collective grieving. it was actually a pretty successful gambit for the famously low-brow company, mostly free of controversy, save for one bit: Stephanie McMahon passionately comparing the most deadly terrorist attack in history to... her father being put on trial for steroid abuse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzz2n9xC8ps :chloe:

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
That's ironic because wasn't Vince killed a few years later when a terrorist blew up his limo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

homeless guy posted:

That's ironic because wasn't Vince killed a few years later when a terrorist blew up his limo

yeah but he got better when Chris Benoit killed his family
and then they dedicated an episode to grieving Chris Benoit, the murderer

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Sierra Mist is the stuff in that Fallout New Vegas expansion, right?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

The craziest WWE thing to me is when they are originally called World Wrestling Federation a/k/a WWF and were so full of their own farts that the sure the World Wildlife Foundation a/k/a WWF for trademark violations and lost and had to change their own name. loving amazing.

E. Actually, I misremembered the sequence. More accurate story: https://m.sportskeeda.com/wwe/heres-why-wwe-changed-its-name-from-wwf

Brother Tadger fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 4, 2019

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sheen Sheen posted:

I remember when Netflix streaming was brand new, the company tried to split its DVD mailing service and its streaming service into two things you had to pay for individually, and the PR backlash was so severe that Netflix walked it back like less than a week later

This is extra funny to think about now because who gives a flying poo poo about renting DVDs via mail in TYOOL 2019

The best part of this was that the kid who had the @qwikster twitter account loved posting about smoking weed and his av was elmo from sesame street smoking a joint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Has anybody posted that 9/11 mattress sale yet?

https://youtu.be/ltBc87oKhmQ