Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

If some team had just signed Kaep for like, $3 million they could've cut him after a season. Instead, he reportedly got between $65 and $80 million from his collusion suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

big nipples big life posted:

owners were too afraid of WHY FOOTBALL MAN NOT STAND UP?? to take one for the team.

I'd give my right arm to see the horribly incriminating evidence you know would've popped up in discovery (which is clearly why the league settled)

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I wouldn't give a poo poo about Lance if he hadn't taken all those people to court for (correctly) calling him a cheater. gently caress that guy.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

ESPN giving barstool sports a show and cancelling it after one episode was pretty good

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Nobody really knows how or to what extent advertising works, it's just assumed that it must. The bottom's going to fall out of the internet advertising market once companies get tired of paying bots to sell ads to bots that click the ads to make money for ad-selling bots.

Is Sam Jain still a fugitive from justice

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

JetBlue checking in

quote:

The airline JetBlue has apologized for a Black History Month display at LaGuardia airport that included Joanne Chesimard, the woman convicted of killing a New Jersey state trooper, among photos of black dignitaries.

Images of the display began circulating among pro-police websites last week, sparking outrage. The airline said in a statement that unnamed “crew members came together to celebrate Black History Month with a display in Terminal 5 featuring prominent individuals in history.”

https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/02...tory-month.html

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Bill Cosby Twitter asking people to meme him was also definitely a well thought out plan

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Frazzbo posted:

Way, way back in 1992 Hoover dropped a big one in the UK with a promotion offering free flight tickets to European destinations for the purchase of an appliance. It started off well enough and proved popular, but then they got above themselves and extended it to flights to the US, effectively giving £600-worth of tickets for a purchase outlay of £100. Here's the info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover_free_flights_promotion

that reminds me of the guy who saved up enough pepsi points/cut a huge check for a harrier jet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leonard_v._Pepsico,_Inc.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Justin Godscock posted:

This is really rookie stuff compared to a lot of poo poo pro-wrestling has gotten away with over the decades because nobody takes it seriously. It's part of the reason why I watch it because, god drat, it's a rabbit hole when it comes to stories.

My contribution is the TNA wrestling promotion sending an intoxicated Jeff Hardy out to the ring for a PPV main event in 2011.

I remember this, he was stoned out of his goddamned mind. The ref threw up the "X" before he even made it into the ring.

Second best TNA moment was Samoa Joe getting handed a hot mic and then proceeding to poo poo all over the company for like, ten minutes.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Hello Sailor posted:

The Aristocrats!

Absolutely the single most unfunny piece of poo poo ever made

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Here's a handy tip: every single product you can possibly purchase is made by a company that has done terrible, terrible things

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

1redflag posted:

At the very minimum, it sure makes you feel better when you say that as a way to deflect from your own culpability, right?

Lol if you think I give a gently caress about being a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Resting Lich Face posted:

Does Shaq shilling for Papa John's count for this thread?

Still not as embarrassing as dancing with a cartoon general in lovely car insurance commercials