Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

February had some lovely weather and shittier interpersonal developments.

Lets see what March has in store for us besides fake Irish holidays, historical assassinations, and general car fuckery.

Maybe the weather will stop being so rainy and I can do some body work on the Civic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Ooooh, good thread title.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Goodbye February, hello a hopefully less cold and snowy month.

Seriously, we never see this much snow on the west coast. I think it even dusted a bit last night. I get that it's still part of Canada, but we almost never get more than an inch of snow a year.

Dear California: please secede and join us so I can move somewhere that it's never cold

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
First page!

I just bought a $25,000 deck. I never in my life thought I would ever pay someone else to build my deck, but here we are.
Marriage and procreating makes you do weird poo poo.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

I just got a call that my wife and I are getting a king-sized mattress delivered next week Friday. It's a hell of an expense, but it's going to be worth it being able to sleep with our two cats also sprawled out in the bed.

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 28, 2019

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

I bought a king sized bed when I was single. I wish I got to keep even half the space now that I'm married.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER
An online friend, out of the blue, suggested I visit this summer. I am currently planning a San Francisco trip with the missus. Right now we're looking at a daytrip to Yosemite and a day trip to some wineries up in Napa. Any other suggestions?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just took an irresponsible 2 hour nap.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The Prong Song posted:

An online friend, out of the blue, suggested I visit this summer. I am currently planning a San Francisco trip with the missus. Right now we're looking at a daytrip to Yosemite and a day trip to some wineries up in Napa. Any other suggestions?

If you can avoid it, don't go to a boring bullshit wannabe-French or wannabe-Italian winery in Napa or Marin Co. I wish I could recommend one, or even remember the name of the winery that disappointed us so badly.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Truth.

Suburban Dad posted:

I bought a king sized bed when I was single. I wish I got to keep even half the space now that I'm married.

Truer truth.

Last day at old job today, and subsequently, first day at new job tomorrow. It’s with a bunch of people I know, so it’ll be fun I think. First business decision: 1Gb or 10Gb internet connection?

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Well I bought a lifted diesel truck on stupid wheels. Time to strip it back to stock and turn it back into the grandpa truck it should be.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

bolind posted:

Truth.

Truer truth.

Last day at old job today, and subsequently, first day at new job tomorrow. It’s with a bunch of people I know, so it’ll be fun I think. First business decision: 1Gb or 10Gb internet connection?

More internet is always better.

the spyder posted:

Well I bought a lifted diesel truck on stupid wheels. Time to strip it back to stock and turn it back into the grandpa truck it should be.

I've always thought about doing this so I'd be super curious to see how it goes. What kind of truck and what kind of goofy lift?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

the spyder posted:

slam it

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
RIP February, welcome to March.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

March will be a good month. I am impatiently waiting on water pump and timing belt parts for the LX. I have read through 20 of a 23 page build thread on ih8mud (clicky link) and if anyone else does the same they will feel the need to go adventuring. Bonus is that this dude is ~15 miles away from me so all of the incredible photos he posts are all local to me as well. I am a bit amazed at how relatively cheap and awesome Land Cruiser parts are and how easily sorted these things are turning out to be.

I might be catching a bit of an off road bug :gay:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Meatpimp posted:

That's like a Clarkson electric review. The Tesla 3 is not marketed as a cross-country tourer, it's marketed as a luxury electric car with a 200 mile range. Looking down on it because lol it's a pain to go cross country in it is like judging a banana foster poorly because it has more calories than a bunch or regular bananas.
Very much so, I still love the idea and would love to be able to justify one. I think it was a fun experiment but went how we thought it would. He has a TDI for long trips that he could have taken and usually does for anything past the four hour mark. Personally if I got one I'd just get rentals for road trips.

Safety Dance posted:

I just got a call that my wife and I are getting a king-sized mattress delivered next week Friday. It's a hell of an expense, but it's going to be worth it being able to sleep with our two cats also sprawled out in the bed.
We got a memory foam one off Amazon and after the first night I was sold. We should have done it a long time ago. The mutts don't sleep on the bed but having that much more space is so nice.

Bring on March, Jan/Feb have been pretty rough and mentally draining. Vacation in a week is much needed at this point.
Had to cancel my track day for this weekend because the car won't be ready oil pan, cage, seats, belts, oil baffle?, fluids, etc... but no too bummed about it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

First page!

I just bought a $25,000 deck. I never in my life thought I would ever pay someone else to build my deck, but here we are.

I'm about to have someone do my roof, I think. Still $$ details to work out. I was going to do it myself with friends/family, but coordinating all that, buying the stuff myself, bleh. Did the roof on the shed myself just fine, but it's only a 200 sq.ft. building. I feel like I can do it myself, but it would just be a ballbuster and take too long. Roofing crew can knock it out in a weekend, and do a better job, most likely. Definitely not interested in removing the old two layers of shingles.
Between the sewer line and the roof, I probably could have bought a decent used truck...

Re: king size bed. Got one years ago, after having a queen size for years (after getting married.) Fills up the room, but worth it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What is the statistical probability that every Jeep Cherokee I look at will have death wobble?

Because this poo poo is getting tiresome.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Darchangel posted:

I'm about to have someone do my roof, I think. Still $$ details to work out. I was going to do it myself with friends/family, but coordinating all that, buying the stuff myself, bleh. Did the roof on the shed myself just fine, but it's only a 200 sq.ft. building. I feel like I can do it myself, but it would just be a ballbuster and take too long. Roofing crew can knock it out in a weekend, and do a better job, most likely. Definitely not interested in removing the old two layers of shingles.
Between the sewer line and the roof, I probably could have bought a decent used truck...

Re: king size bed. Got one years ago, after having a queen size for years (after getting married.) Fills up the room, but worth it.

Roofing is brutal.
I've done roofing as side work. My dad and I re-roofed out house.
At this point in my life, I can't afford to fall off another roof. 1) I definitely wouldn't just get right up and brush myself off. 2) I value my time too much now and 3) It'll take me too long to do it and with my luck the weather would gently caress the whole thing up for me.

If you've been in your house for a while and have equity built up, you might want to look into a home equity line of credit, even if you have the cash monies on hand to pay for it. That way you still have all that savings on hand in case something else comes up. That's exactly what I'm doing right now.

The decking company came back with a loan from Wells Fargo at 7% for 5 years. I said no thanks, I'll get a secured loan at way less than half that, or I'll just pay cash.

Rhyno posted:

What is the statistical probability that every Jeep Cherokee I look at will have death wobble?

pun intended?

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

95% unless it's sitting at stock ride height on a mint front end with stock tire size on stock offset wheels.
Then it goes down to about 60%

Get a 4runner

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NumbersMatching320 posted:

95% unless it's sitting at stock ride height on a mint front end with stock tire size on stock offset wheels.
Then it goes down to about 60%

Get a 4runner

They've all be MY99 and stock. I'm just boggled. The one dropping in price $1K two days after listing might have been a clue. Locally the average 4runner is 1.5 to 2 times the price of a Cherokee. Trying to keep this under $3K if at all possible.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

They've all be MY99 and stock. I'm just boggled. The one dropping in price $1K two days after listing might have been a clue. Locally the average 4runner is 1.5 to 2 times the price of a Cherokee. Trying to keep this under $3K if at all possible.

Cost analysis, my guy. You pay less up front, but how much more are you going to have to pay on the back end when the deathwobble happens which is inevitable?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Close but get a Land Cruiser.

Rhyno posted:

Trying to keep this under $3K if at all possible.

Oh :negative: Ninja: could you find a Grand Cherokee with the 4.0 I6 and SFA for that budget? Seems like you could.

You should go back to your plans of buying a 135i

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

NitroSpazzz posted:

We got a memory foam one off Amazon and after the first night I was sold. We should have done it a long time ago. The mutts don't sleep on the bed but having that much more space is so nice.

We stayed in a Holiday Inn in Austin last year, and I liked the mattress so much that I called up the hotel manager and asked what kind it was when we got back. We put away some money for a few months and ordered the consumer-version from a local bed retailer.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

We stayed in a Holiday Inn in Austin last year, and I liked the mattress so much that I called up the hotel manager and asked what kind it was when we got back. We put away some money for a few months and ordered the consumer-version from a local bed retailer.

Nice, stayed in a Sheraton last year with an ex (got upgraded to a suite, don't know if all the beds are like that) and we both thought it was the most amazing bed ever. They do sell them but they start at $2500.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010
My girlfriend and I are looking at one of the latex mattresses. Well, I'm looking, and she's just agreed to pay half. I'm used to sleeping on a full-size by myself, and sleeping diagonally as I'm six foot four, but with her in the bed, I definitely need that extra length and width.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Rhyno posted:

Why not just accept that they're all either like that or heading that way, use it as a negotiation point, and fix it?

What is it that makes Jeeps suffer from it more than other live axle stuff? I've driven a Landie with it, but it was hosed. Do they have a very borderline castor/trail/scrub radius relationship inherent to the suspension design?

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I've had the same mattress for over a decade.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Gross

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

bolind posted:

Truth.

Truer truth.

What are your use cases and what's the cost difference?

Rhyno: just buy a Lexus GX or 4Runner.

Wrar fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Feb 28, 2019

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Wrar posted:

Rhyno: just rebuy a Lightning

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Oh :negative: Ninja: could you find a Grand Cherokee with the 4.0 I6 and SFA for that budget? Seems like you could.

Could easily buy a ZJ or a WJ in that budget, with either the 4.0 or 5.2 on the ZJ or the 4.0 / 4.7 on the WJ. I think 5.9 ZJs tend to hold more value than either for some reason.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I know this is the March thread, but it's still afternoon in February for me. Thank god I got a new job and can afford my low carb poo poo for the diet and exercise plan I'm trying to get back on the wagon for. New Years resolutions start late for me. SAD makes keeping a resolution started in the dead of winter impossible, now it's just been downgraded to "unlikely"

Beach Bum posted:

My girlfriend and I are looking at one of the latex mattresses. Well, I'm looking, and she's just agreed to pay half. I'm used to sleeping on a full-size by myself, and sleeping diagonally as I'm six foot four, but with her in the bed, I definitely need that extra length and width.

Now when you say latex mattress, what does that mean? Because I think about those weird, vinyl(?) mattresses that I slept on in summer camp

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

Kickin' this along to march:

bEatmstrJ posted:

These are straight out of the phone. Unedited.

Just noticing that his Original, Goldmined thread is comprised of images HE hosts.

Is there an enterprising [i.e. not computer functionally inept like myself] one of you, that has a script or something to rip the images and catalog which is which so when he eventually ragequits they can be restored and the thread won't be forever lost to the aether?

While you're at it, check out his site- www.masterjstudios.com (not hotlinking intentionally, you're going to have to c/p that one- check the photos, THREE hot females dancing!!!) Suddenly it all makes a little more sense. I think.

E:

glyph fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 28, 2019

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Door Frame posted:

Now when you say latex mattress, what does that mean? Because I think about those weird, vinyl(?) mattresses that I slept on in summer camp

"Memory foam" is latex foam.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The Door Frame posted:

Piss proof :grin:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Man every thread is coming up with new stuff on bathroom DJ

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Mueller has filed over two dozen sealed indictments.

Oh my gaawwwwd I want to know what's in them.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

sneakyfrog posted:

Man every thread is coming up with new stuff on bathroom DJ

The end of the february thread had a conversation that was chugging right along until the international date line crossed over into march.

I'm just trying to preserve the schadenfreude for future generations, dead comedy forum or not.

E: Duh, got it. :thumbsup:

VVVV E2: I'm sure it's moot, but I don't think anyone but me has linked his personal site yet. The auto parse URL checkbox is a cruel mistress. Check out the song examples.

glyph fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Feb 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

glyph posted:

While you're at it, check out his site- https://www.masterjstudios.com (not hotlinking intentionally, you're going to have to c/p that one- check the photos, THREE hot females dancing!!!) Suddenly it all makes a little more sense. I think.

E:

OMG "Photography". HAHAHAHAHA holy poo poo that's diiiiiiiiire