Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

right ##unvote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

And now that I'm thinking about it, I targeted mona with my action, and it failed.

Toalpaz' action relied on Mona somewhat (as the target of the redirected kill), and that didn't work, and Mona's action failed as well.

Perhaps Mona was the one jailed.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
If it's a town jailer they should claim because Mona would pretty obviously be the night killer once I flip, and it's less scummy to claim tomorrow.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

And now that I'm thinking about it, I targeted mona with my action, and it failed.

Toalpaz' action relied on Mona somewhat (as the target of the redirected kill), and that didn't work, and Mona's action failed as well.

Well now that is some important info.

If that is the case then Mona is almost certainly lying since they came in saying the did an action and said nothing about being jailed.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

If it's a town jailer they should claim because Mona would pretty obviously be the night killer once I flip, and it's less scummy to claim tomorrow.

It's less scummy than to claim tomorrow.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i see all of you sick bastards trying to split the votes and ensure we waste the free murder and get another no execution

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

i see all of you sick bastards trying to split the votes and ensure we waste the free murder and get another no execution

I probably would prefer ASF to Toalpaz at this point but the Solus info kind of makes me think we should ##vote Mona

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Although free murder does sound delicious

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

We killed imgay though? Are you thinking of another game Gulag?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Hal Incandenza posted:

Well now that is some important info.

If that is the case then Mona is almost certainly lying since they came in saying the did an action and said nothing about being jailed.

I hate to be the person that points out a defense for other people but:

Monathin posted:

Let me clear this up, at the risk of giving scum information they probably already know now:

AS was my doc target. My action also failed.

They did say their action failed. It is, of course, possible that they were the scum killer last night, and town jailer helped them.

I'm leaning more towards there being a scum jailer, but then the question is that if that's true, where's the kill, given that two of our claimed protective roles were incapacitated in some form or another?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

SolusLunes posted:

They did say their action failed. It is, of course, possible that they were the scum killer last night, and town jailer helped them.

I'm leaning more towards there being a scum jailer, but then the question is that if that's true, where's the kill, given that two of our claimed protective roles were incapacitated in some form or another?

*town jailer jailed them, not town jailer helped them.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SolusLunes posted:

hmmmm how did I get that confused now I feel dumb

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

That's why I think it makes sense that Mona is the scum killer.

Scum jailer jailing town doc, scum team should get kill off because they wouldn't submit kill against Mona.

Town Jailer jailing scum Mona to protect doc, and there being no kill, means Mona is scum killer.

Town jailer protecting town Mona and scum trying to kill Mona is a possibility....

But that would mean 3 protection roles (I am a protection role), and that seems absurd.

Pair that with Mona's scummy early game which is why he claimed in the first place, my protection overlap with another doc, Mona's unwilliness to call me scum and implicit belief that my role is real when I claim, etc means that it's more likely that he's scum. Imo

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Would still do asf for free or B- to hit scum tho

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

##vote ASF yeah I thought when they came back it would lead to more but not much there and most of it is just safe stuff

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Probably best to get this out of the way before it gets to crunch time

##vote ASF

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I wonder, if ASF flips scum from a freelynch (which I doubt the lynch will be pulled off), will there be any scum at all bussing? Given how rarely freelynches go off, I doubt scum would even try bussing, and instead, avoid voting entirely, because not voting on a freelynch is so often ignored.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

anyway yes I fully support freelynches, let's dunk ##vote ASF

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

I wonder, if ASF flips scum from a freelynch (which I doubt the lynch will be pulled off), will there be any scum at all bussing? Given how rarely freelynches go off, I doubt scum would even try bussing, and instead, avoid voting entirely, because not voting on a freelynch is so often ignored.

I think free lunches are had pretty frequently, it can make someone who normally wouldn't be lunch have a 50 50 shot of being lunch.

Anyways. ##vote asf

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote ASF yeah I thought when they came back it would lead to more but not much there and most of it is just safe stuff

also :)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

fufill the prophecy cpig

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote ASF

yadda yadda lurking yadda yadda free kill

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

:redhammer: for ASF, then.

Votecount for Day 2

A Sometimes Food (8): GulagDolls, Bernstrike, hambeet, Toalpaz, b-minus1, Dancer, Bernstrike, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza, Dick Bastardly, SolusLunes, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (3): Tired Moritz, CapitalistPig, Dancer, SolusLunes, b-minus1, Dancer, SolusLunes, CapitalistPig, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly, b-minus1, A Sometimes Food, CapitalistPig, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, Dick Bastardly
CapitalistPig (0): GulagDolls, Bernstrike, b-minus1, Bernstrike, b-minus1, GulagDolls
Monathin (0): Toalpaz, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, Toalpaz, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
Atomic Soda (0): SolusLunes, Bernstrike, Bernstrike, SolusLunes
b-minus1 (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Bernstrike, Toalpaz, Anomalous Amalgam, Bernstrike, Toalpaz

Not Voting (4): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Bernstrike, Monathin

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 14th, 2019 at 4 a.m. CET -- that's in about 9 hours, 8 minutes.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

2/3 is pretty good on the scale of fortune telling.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?
A Sometimes Food has been executed Day 2.

Flip will happen at the end of the day.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I'm torn between pushing for a lynch between Mona/Toalpaz or just trying to push binus because his posting gimmick is bad.

also I haven't decided to myself which of mona/toalpaz are scum, if either of them are.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

2/3 is pretty good on the scale of fortune telling.

I felt like I owed it to you

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##vote mona

Pretend I quoted a bunch of Mona/solus posts that show blatant scumbusing.
I can’t believe nobody called out Mona for doccing atomic soda of all people
Getting scum vibes from AA, check out this slam dunk of a case

What if

Mona is scum jailer, and “protected” scum atomic soda by jailing them? The point is, I do not understand why Mona, claimed doctor, would choose to protect someone they wanted to kill on d1.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

b-minus1 posted:

##vote mona

What if

Mona is scum jailer, and “protected” scum atomic soda by jailing them? The point is, I do not understand why Mona, claimed doctor, would choose to protect someone they wanted to kill on d1.

gently caress why are you destroying my bad opinion of you and replacing it with love

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

gently caress why are you destroying my bad opinion of you and replacing it with love

Post of the Game, if there be Mods, let them bear witness.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Thing is we don't know if Mona was scum using yet because we haven't flipped scum. That's an important step.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

##vote mona

What if

Your vibes are off scumlord, why do you suddenly break your "pr" for speech?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Thing is we don't know if Mona was scum using yet because we haven't flipped scum. That's an important step.

*was bussing scum. Sorry phone posting

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Your vibes are off scumlord, why do you suddenly break your "pr" for speech?

we are already a week into this game, and it's only day 2. i can't take it anymore

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm going to need to to clarify scum bussing? Could you quote an instance?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

I probably would prefer ASF to Toalpaz at this point but the Solus info kind of makes me think we should ##vote Mona

nah don't

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

"Now that your thinking about it"? Did you forget you targeted Mona and it failed?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

hambeet posted:

"Now that your thinking about it"? Did you forget you targeted Mona and it failed?

Nope, I just didn't check my PMs until that moment. I hadn't even considered the possibility that it had failed until I checked my email and it told me I had new PMs.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

I think the simplest explanation here is what toalpaz was originally saying, that one of AS or Mona was the target.

The only inconsistency I can see is with AS. Toalpaz claim (if real) failed. Mona's alleged action failed too, the only persons action who didn't fail was AS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

Nope, I just didn't check my PMs until that moment. I hadn't even considered the possibility that it had failed until I checked my email and it told me I had new PMs.

An interesting power that you don't need to check the result...