Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Expecting that an experienced player like toal couldn't get their head around the mechanic of their role... is that plausible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
And to not sound so harsh but I do think Toal is a GOOD scum player. I mean, they bamboozled me in their last game but if theyre playing town right now, they're not very good with how many mistakes they claimed to make and how aggravating their posts are.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Tired Moritz posted:

Its very obvious that Toal saw the nk and decide to bait the doc out. They know they can get away from bullshit because they're good at playing dumb and throwing so many theories at people that everyone get mixed up.

The doc (mona) had already claimed..... I wouldn't need to do anything.... to do that....

As I said before and every time all the time. I submitted my action and mod told me I got it wrong. I had to choose one person to protect, like a doc, and one to kill.

The role is not literally called 'doctor', and I never thought it was literally a vanilla doctor. I introduced myself as the doctor of the game because I assumed there would only be one protection role in the game, because I do protect people and protections are powerful.

Again. Proving that I'm dumb because I claimed to attempt to counter claim a doctor with it doesn't prove that my role is scum or that I'm playing a scum game.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

b-minus1 posted:

youll have to wait until tomorrpw sorry

something something i'll mysteriously die in the night and you don't have to make a case because nobody will ever call you on it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Why are people voting toal? The role claim? It being mishandled? No night kill?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Tm jails toal
Toal attempts to redirect mona and soda
Solus claims targeting mona.
Soda gunsmiths successfully but is redirected to self?

Mona fails and solus fails.

Hmmm

:thunk:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
The implication that someone walked in a role madness game and didnt read their role PM properly is mindboggling.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Tm jails toal

Hmmm

No.

Soda didnt redirect. Mona got redirected back to self.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tm jails toal

Hmmm

Soda successfully gunsmithed Dancer, and got 'no gun'

we don't know who dancer masoned yet.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If you all keep me alive today I can literally make sure Mona doesn't die and we can protect each other and cheese scum.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

That's the reality of the situation why scum are coming down on me/voting and walking away. Lol.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
The last game we had a million backups, I have no idea how you can walk in so cockily and say that youre the "protective role" unless you got more information than everyone else.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So mona failed because of self doc? That's bizarre? Unless there is a town and scum jailer there has to be a liar in soda solus mona and toal.

Only way solus fails is if mona is jailed, or mona is blocked and solus are blocked independently of one another.

Tm jails toal
Toal targs mona and soda
Soda gunzmiths dancer
Birb busdrives mona and soda??
Mona self docs but fails
Solus targets mona and fails.

Something here is bullshit

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Oh I guess birb could be lying too

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Hey maybe Toal is a self-redirector.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm like 95% sure scum are mostly on me unless they are exercising EXTREME restraint lol.

TM I'm just like this, I assume there's 1 of each type unless there's a special gimmick because there's a lot of roles in mafia and 16 players is not enough to exhaust them all without overlap.

I make stupid setup spec all the time, its what I do. Mona also claimed under pressure with vague details, so I thought it was a real catch.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

See like what is this? There is absolutely no evidence for this. lmao.

So mona failed because of self doc? That's bizarre? Unless there is a town and scum jailer there has to be a liar in soda solus mona and toal.

Only way solus fails is if mona is jailed, or mona is blocked and solus are blocked independently of one another.

Tm jails toal
Toal targs mona and soda
Soda gunzmiths dancer
Birb busdrives mona and soda??
Mona self docs but fails
Solus targets mona and fails.

Something here is bullshit

Why wouldn't someone role blocking solus or something be possible. I don't understand.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Oh I guess birb could be lying too

I'm comfortable with a no lynch at this point now i know toal was jailed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Tired Moritz posted:

Guys, toal might be a simple self-redirector.

Did you jail someone other than toal? How would a self direct proc if you jailed toal.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Toalpaz posted:

Why wouldn't someone role blocking solus or something be possible. I don't understand.

It's more of why is mona's result a failure. That seems nonstandard for a self doc result.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i hurt myself in my confusion

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't get what you mean. If you jailed toal then toal was jailed?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Did you jail someone other than toal? How would a self direct proc if you jailed toal.

Probably comes down to the mod

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Toalpaz posted:

If you all keep me alive today I can literally make sure Mona doesn't die and we can protect each other and cheese scum.

Ps: I dont like this post. It's a very "dont vote me" post. The quick change from thinking youre the only protective role to "actually we can like totally cheese scum if I keep living DONT KILL ME" feels very not town. No conviction.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Given my role its unlikely that people can self doc. I can't protect myself.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's more of why is mona's result a failure. That seems nonstandard for a self doc result.

What would take priority? A bus or a jail?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

I was thinking like toal has a passive that redirects any ability that was used on them onto others.

Toalpaz posted:

Oh, so you can throw five hundred theories but I can't even throw one? Nice.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I don't really know what is going on. :)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey toal, why are you asking to be spared when you threatened to self hammer earlier?

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

:cheerdoge:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

Given my role its unlikely that people can self doc. I can't protect myself.

*This is also why I believe Mona now. Because the Bern bus to himself makes sense with the protection limitations that I have too, and mona claimed action failure early.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

hambeet posted:

Hey toal, why are you asking to be spared when you threatened to self hammer earlier?

I was very emotional before and I had a good nights rest and felt better. I was also at -2

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

hambeet posted:

What would take priority? A bus or a jail?

Player 1 TM jails Player 2 Toal
Player 2 Toal allegedly deathswaps Player 3 Mona and Player 4 Soda
Player 5 Birb bus drove mona and soda

In this situation. The bus from mona would occur before the block and a redirect after the block.

Sooo toal couldn't have self directed mona or anyone else if TM jailed.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Player 1 TM jails Player 2 Toal
Player 2 Toal allegedly deathswaps Player 3 Mona and Player 4 Soda
Player 5 Birb bus drove mona and soda

In this situation. The bus from mona would occur before the block and a redirect after the block.

Sooo toal couldn't have self directed mona or anyone else if TM jailed.

The bus from birb would occur.*

And if toal was lying and it resolves like a bus, then mona would have failed, but mona would have been the only target, why implicate soda at all? What incentive is there to overcomplicate what would be a lie.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
The only way toal self redirected is if toal is scum and it would have to resolve as a bus on the stack. Otherwise it is impossible.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
That being the case that means solus probably role roleblocked mona and claimed a failed action thinking mona was jailed.

That's my theory.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

That being the case that means solus probably role roleblocked mona and claimed a failed action thinking mona was jailed.

That's my theory.

Not thinking, but knowing mona had been blocked and using the confusion.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
hey tM, whats your flavor

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

The only way toal self redirected is if toal is scum and it would have to resolve as a bus on the stack. Otherwise it is impossible.

Okay so this is the solution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

##vote binus

Since this night action mafia is confusing me, I'm gonna vote the person who promised ~A CASE~ on me and hasn't delivered. Plus I don't even know what the gently caress with Toal.