Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'd like to observe this time if that's okay?

Happy to play if we're short, but I haven't actually observed a game before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yami Fenrir posted:

Well, we're just barely above half players, so we are kind of short? I will give you observer status later I guess

Anyhow, I've set up the discord, so please go join it, people:

https://discord.gg/UgTbh4p

Yeah I'm happy to play, but if we have enough I wouldn't mind observing.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'll play.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

So I'm new here. What do we do now?

Protect our world from devastation.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

I have not checked any role PM but I believe I am a Pocket Monster

Digimon spotted

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Gotta apologise been a hell week, gonna be a lot more present now.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Evening goons. As said earlier, I had a fucker of a week last week but my head is in the game now.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

SolusLunes posted:

Curious. I assume we have a doctor, then. (Don't claim unless you're an idiot or toalpaz)

Or a lucky town jailer/roleblocker I suppose.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote toalpaz

they're basically playing identicallt as they were in the last game where they were scum so....

Specifically?

Toal always reads suss to me.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Woke up and reading thread.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

yeah but:

why you liiiieeeeee so much

The hell Toal

##vote Toal

I'm gonna read other people now, but this was what I was about to post. Obfuscation's one thing but town undermining another town claim by lying about having the same town claim is a weird loving gambit toal.

Like even if you argue you were calling Mona's bluff, they were already all in, they had nowhere to go and wouldn't budge if they were lying or honest, calling like this when you yourself are not the doc is real hosed.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

If this push on me succeeds look at this flocking in to move off toal.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

pretty sure seeing as how my vote is still on mona, I'm still claiming to be 'the real' doc exclusively.

If I flip do you think you'll vote Mona tomorrow? Or would you accept two doctors?

Gonna be honest, if you flip and you are what you sasy you are, then no I would not vote Mona because your role per your latest description does not seem like it would preclude a standard doc.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Like if something else comes up to put them in a bad light I'd obviously consider that, but no your flipping as a death redirector would not make me discard Mona's doc claim.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bernstrike posted:

this push of... a single vote?

Three people arguing/agreeing with voting on me and then a fourth actually voting all in quick succession.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

One thing I'm wondering, did anyone get an action off? Like if I missed something my apologies, but between both Mona and Toal claiming a roleblock/jail/failed action and no nightkill I'm wondering someone used a general NO NIGHT ACTIONS ability.

It seems crazy powerful but maybe it's like a random metronome effect or something.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Bernstrike posted:

Soda claimed an action working iirc

Fair nuff.

Also yeah guess that was a bit fishing, I just got distracted by a bit of spec I found interesting given all the people claiming failed actions and the lack of a kill.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

I find this really frustrating because what you're saying is you're going to learn nothing from me flipping town and are going to run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

Never said that, I just don't think death redirector as you describe it, says doctor wouldn't also be present. This is role madness and not a tiny game a doc and a weird kill punishing bus don't seem like they'd exclude each other.

Your flip either way would provide other info.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

okay! i look forward to reading this when i wake up in the morning.

Kay

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Might want to sleep in though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So reads

- Mona is interesting, but nothing specific so far beyond posting oddly, but I'd be a huge hypocrite not to give their explanation of working third shift credence. I feel like they're worth an examination if Toal flips town. Not because of Toal's "no docs cause my role covers it" but mostly cause Toal's was hammering them way harder than I feel a scumbus would.

- Beet seems legit and is actually making cases on multiple people. One of them's me, but I am aware of how scummy I normally seem so can't hold that against him. Especially as he's new.

- Bernstrike has done a lot of very short posts. In fact all their posts are one or two sentences. Other than this one

Bernstrike posted:

My line of thinking is that ASF jumped straight onto big target Toal instead of discussing any of what was talked about earlier in the day. Like results or Mona’s jail theory or what have you.
Starting with a big case/vote like that reads like ASF was more concerned with not getting dunked than thinking things through to find the scums.

Well and this one

Bernstrike posted:

[unnervingly accurate Zizek voice]
the disparity suffered by the Fighting Dojo in not having gym status is emblematic of Kanto’s stratified class system. Working class fighting-type trainers are held down by rich psychic-type trainers.
The Elite 4 have access to vast pools of capital which they have used to physically separate themselves from the rest of society, as would a robber baron of ages past. Furthermore

Which makes me feel like they're flinging a lot of poo poo around without really engaging or committing and basically like Toal said. Hedging.

- I've played with Gulag before and they're posting like they usually do both as scum and town so no real read there yet.

- I believe AS' claim currently.

More thoughts later, but as it stands I'm happy with my vote where it is and of the rest Bern would be my next choice.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

they made 'a' read.

No one else is really twigging me at the moment. I'm gonna reread a few more times, still early here and got nowhere to be tomorrow.

And I mean. That's still two more reads than a number of other posters, I just find it a little hypocritical to call out others for lurking.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Hal Incandenza posted:

ASF why do you believe Atomic Sodas claim?

No counter claim, role madness suggests weird roles and weird scum roles to mess with a gunsmith, role madness also suggests no vanilla or only one or two so I expect most relatively common town roles to be present and their actions make sense (namely expressing suspicion of Dancer and then acting on investigating him (this could be scum coordinating and hey if one of them flips that's good to remember, but as is it's consistent behaviour for a town gunsmith).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

i see all of you sick bastards trying to split the votes and ensure we waste the free murder and get another no execution

We killed imgay though? Are you thinking of another game Gulag?