Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

RIP Nicolai's Balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EggsAisle
Dec 17, 2013

I get it! You're, uh...
Ego integrity approaching 10% indeed. And then their AT fields collapse and it all comes tumbling down, tumbling down, tumbling down.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
You gotta wonder just how little fiction there would be if we got rid of everything where a villain's motivation was "I was sad once"

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

That is the face of a man who is finally realizing just how high the creep factor his situation is, and wonders, "Could this get any weirder?"

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

stryth posted:

That is the face of a man who is finally realizing just how high the creep factor his situation is, and wonders, "Could this get any weirder?"

It's Shadow Hearts. It can always get weirder.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

stryth posted:

This was just before the electrococktherapy began so the answer is definitely "yes."

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

I dunno why the writers want to set the plot in the WW1 era when the aesthetics scream mid-60s. The lobby looks like we're visiting the local bank including florescent lighting and commercial drop ceilings, the lab is straight from the set of a low-budget horror movie of the era, the tech and concepts are the fears of science gone amok in the hysteria of the Cold War.

FalloutFan56
Jan 3, 2020

kw0134 posted:

I dunno why the writers want to set the plot in the WW1 era when the aesthetics scream mid-60s. The lobby looks like we're visiting the local bank including florescent lighting and commercial drop ceilings, the lab is straight from the set of a low-budget horror movie of the era, the tech and concepts are the fears of science gone amok in the hysteria of the Cold War.

I'm assuming it's because Yuri would be about 70 years old or so in that scenario. That being said I'm now imagining old man Yuri's answer to the Cold War would be to drop kick nukes to deactivate them.

Materant
Jul 22, 2010

see, what you don't understand is he now has

THE MANLIEST MUSTACHE

it defies physics

FalloutFan56 posted:

I'm assuming it's because Yuri would be about 70 years old or so in that scenario. That being said I'm now imagining old man Yuri's answer to the Cold War would be to drop kick nukes to deactivate them.

I would unironically pay very good money to see this.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode XCVIII: Jumping Jehoshaphat!

Music: Strain ~ Assault

Back at it again at the Krispy Cream lovely Shadow Hearts 2 dungeons! Now, we'll get into the meat and potatoes of this most filler of filler dungeons in a moment. But there is one thing I want to point out. Remember how Astaroth was mostly coaxed out of Nicolai's subconscious by shocking his balls before the science rays were applied?

Well, you can re-enter the test chamber area and the only item of note is a Loin Guard right under the testicular fortitude trial by electricity device. Maybe it's a coincidence. Just saying... it's here. And nothing else in this room.

Anyhow, the large double doors we passed while in disguise have been unlocked. You may recognize this room... Possibly. OK, probably not since it's a non-descript steel barrel filled warehouse. This is the room where the Mutant Ape team fought Armored Fighter. You know, that completely forgettable, extremely easy robot in the weird Ouka-centric dungeon. Hey, kids! Guess what this dungeon entails?!

If you guessed going through the Ouka Hojo Labs dungeon but in reverse, you'd be absolutely correct! But with two key differences this time around!

Those random dead-end corners of the dungeon there to waste your time in the timed segment that had no point or barring on anything significant now have loot in them. Completely forgettable loot to the point they didn't even bother putting chests to place them in half the time. There are just random corners with a prompt to pick up the forgettable trash. 95% of it is Judgment Ring augments of the 1% larger Hit Area type variety type of crap.

The only significant loot is a couple of Lottery Tickets (one is in a random rear end corner right at the start and the other is at the shooting range area with Ouka) and this -- The Step Tripler which lets you cheat even harder at the step mechanic sidequest. Blanca has had the Pedometer equipped for every dungeon and hell if I know where we're at right now on that front. I'll grind that out later. I'm not particularly concerned at the moment.

Music: Deep in Coma ~ Battle in Japan

And other than renegotiating endless repeating blank corridors in a dungeon we already did, they added random battles this time around. And not just any random battles, at that... Hey, remember all the boring mechs and generic soldiers from Battleship Mikasa...?

...What if we just gave literally that exact same enemy roster palette swaps and a few extra do-dads affixed to them and did that again but now they all have too much HP and hit annoyingly hard on top of everything. To the point, Lucia actually had a use just healing everyone at the end of each encounter in the menu screen as one character lost at least 200 HP per encounter. And what if they also made the encounter rate absurdly high to boot? This dungeon had zero encounters outside of near impossible to lose fights against the other Mutant Apes and a couple of gimmicks where Ouka had to shoot stuff in a QTE thing. It took about fifteen minutes that time. Yeah, this thing in reverse with random battles took me 53 minutes not counting the boss fight looking at my footage time...

Enemy wise we have Steel Soldiers. 160 HP. Dark Element. Will set up combos if other enemies are on the field and will dump their guns on a target three times for a good nearly 200 HP of damage. Kill these guys first. They suck but they also can usually be killed in a single physical attack string or a couple of magic spells.

Beetle Walker or "Walking Cavalry: Blue Sun" in the World War 2 Japanese battleship theme they dropped doing in the localization. 256 HP, Light Elemental upgrade to the Spider Walker from Battleship Mikasa. It shoots a cannon at targets. It's an AOE attack so it'll hit multiple clustered characters. The least threatening of the enemy stable.

And finally, there is Flying Drone X or "Flying Drone: Shigure/Rain Fall" which has way too much health for a common enemy with 650 HP and is of the Wind element. This thing is a pain in the rear end as on top of its beefy for a common enemy health pool, its default attack can inflict Petrify which essentially kills a character if it connects. On top of doing a good 200-250 damage. These dickhead mechs are the closest I've come to wiping since The Lucia Incident. As they can come in a pool of three and no other enemies. And I managed to get surrounded for perhaps the third time the entire LP playthrough and all three petrified different characters at the onset of a battle. That's some right bullshit right there! I turned it around but... this dungeon sucks!

Music: Strain ~ Assault

In any event, we run through the exact same boring corridors as we did with Ouka. Stopping to have a 3-5 minute random battle every ten steps it felt like. Until we reach the room where she awakened and later Kato did his performative man-angst to gain her favor.

It turns out there is a back door to Ouka's Frankenstein's titty monster chamber which leads to the only new area of this dungeon experience. Hey, who wants to climb six flights of stairs? With the random battles still, of course.

Of course that is exactly what you want to do to cap off this lovely dungeon! No dialogue. No plot. Just silently go up six stories of stairs and stopping nearly every floor to fight an assortment of the same three enemies we already fought in a previous crappy dungeon. I like this game but, oh boy, the dungeons leave something to be desired...

We eventually emerge back at the save point in the lobby of the Hojo Research Lab. As you can guess by the usual breakdown of dungeons in JRPGs, we're not getting out of here without a boss fight. And it's another one of those obnoxious ones where we need the foresight to equip Leonardo's Bears as it is a boss with an Instant Death attribute on one of its attacks.

Music: Flame of Strain to Blaze ~ Tension

Hmph! What a waste of time!
Just a little further.
<nods>
Did any of you all get a weird sense of déjà vu like we already ran through that place once even though I know that this is the first time we've been here?
Yeah, now that you mention it...
Huh? You too?
Hmph... weird.

A mech stomps into the lobby.

<screams>
Eeep!
Jumping Jehoshaphat!

<laughs> You're not going anywhere!

My Master Cylinder is more than enough to take care of the likes of you!
Now I will show you the true unbridled power of SCIENCE!

Oh, jeez, not again...
...Who is this guy?
I am the great genius, Dr. Hojo!
...The guy that tried to breed a fire lion and a flower girl?
NO! That's another Dr. Hojo!
Oh... Yeah, OK. Again WHO are you...? Ugh, whatever. Let's get this done.

Music: Hardcore to the Brain ~ Mid Boss in Japan

I guess we're fighting this angry scientist in his Dr. Robotnik rear end end of a Sonic the Hedgehog stage robot. Hojo, the party literally didn't do anything here. They were just hanging out in a room and watched you completely gently caress up an experiment and get a guy possessed by a dark god. They don't even know your name or what your deal is. And for that matter, you only know one of their names is Yuri. You don't know who though. But, you're mad about your experiments failing and this is just what evil scientists do. Just flip out because science failed at the nearest person available to flip out at. If he had Twitter he'd be yelling at a random woman right now to vent his frustrations.

All that said, this is Master Cylinder or "Fugaku" in Japanese which is shorthand for Mount Fuji. The Nakajima G10N Fugaku was a planned Japanese long range bomber plane for hitting industrial targets in the United States if the war went that direction for Imperial Japan. It did not and it never got past the planning stage. But that's what this stupid rear end thing is named after originally.

The Master Cylinder is an Earth elemental enemy with a fairly hardy 5040 HP health pool.

The usual buff agenda is in play but with a bullet point, the first thing we need to do is apply Barrier to the entire party. Master Cylinder is almost entirely physical attacks and they are not playing around with 'em.

We are also going to go with Libertis, our top rank Wind Fusion to counter this Earth elemental enemy. We need to get as much damage in on this jerk as possible in the shortest time frame and Yuri going full beast on elemental damage is advantageous.

Master Cylinder's one, technically, magic attack is Cannon. Where it shoots a cannon. It's an AOE attack with a fairly wide range and hurts a heck of a lot. Indeed, all of Master Cylinder's attacks do in the range of 200-250 HP of damage and we need to heal up if any one character suffers a blow since two attacks in a row is about enough to take anyone out at our current HP levels.

Dr. Hojo's mecha also has Super Rotation which is a physical attack AOE where it lands on a character and spins around in place damaging anyone nearby. But particularly doing upward of 300-350 of damage to the targeted character. This battle is made much easier if we can nail Master Cylinder with a Physical Attack down Ring Effect, of which I have the third level equipped on both Karin and Yuri. But the initial hit of Super Rotation counts as Magic for... some reason and is a guaranteed almost 200 HP of damage on contact. So that's kind of bullshit.

Finally, Master Cylinder has Dissolve which is another attack that does around 200-250 HP of damage and is the reason we equipped everyone with Leonardo's Bears because it also has a chance to inflict Instant Death. What with the whirlwind of drills and buzz saws stabbing its target in the face.

All that said, as long as we take a turn to heal up damage occasionally, between Blanca and Yuri's Fusion spells and Joachim alongside Karin getting in there with Physical Attacks, it isn't very long until Hojo gives up the ghost.

Music: Result ~ Victory

We killed him by the way. Dr. Hojo is loving dead. He's not a Lenny or a Garan reoccurring villain that will live to fight another day. He burned to death in the explosion when his derpy robot vehicle exploded. The end.

But hey, we can now prevent the devil from entering our ears from the bounty we received from the late Dr. Hojo. Only at the cost of a very strange dash segmentation of the word villag-er. Resident Evil VILLAG-
E coming this May! To old consoles and PC. Why do I need a PS5...?

Music: ENDS

The party literally has no comment on anything that took place here and just shrugs and leaves. As you do when I random scientist in a cartoon robot attacks you and immediately gets owned and dies.

Music: Serious Mood ~ Unrest

<shakes head>

So the lab has been destroyed, Hojo has been killed and Kato has gone missing, chasing after a monster...
Y-yes.
And Hojo spent the last of the department budget deploying a robot armed with buzzsaws and drills after he created the monster Kato vanished pursuing? Which immediately failed and killed him. Am I reading this report correctly?
Y-Yes, as well...

<slams hand on knee> Hojo, that miserable failure!!
<wipes forehead nervously> Y-yes, Master...
Fools! All of them!

Minister?! Are you all right?
<hacks up a lung> Yes!
Please! You must relax! Think of your health!
<coughs and breaths heavily> Quiet! This is nothing! Oh...
It doesn't sound like nothing, Minister.
<hacks up and spits out a spray of blood and phlegm> I said it is fine!

Please, Minister. You must relax!

Garan!
Yes?
This young thug, Yuri... Who is he, anyway...?
I believe he's the man who stopped Rasputin's plan to conquer Russia. After that, he came to Japan, chasing after Nicolai.
This is also something about him slaying a god in Europe. And possibly being the man behind the destruction of Shanghai. But the details of that are sketchy at best. There is some document uncovered called a Let's Play of his exploits but it is far too long and wordy for my agents to uncover the secrets of yet.
Special Agent Kato tells me he is the son of Hyuga from the Secret Service.
Yes.
His name does seem to be "Yuri Hyuga" so it does stand to reason this is the case.
This man is the son of a patriot, so why? I do not understand, why does he insist on causing me pain like this?
Ooooooh...

<looks at his again hand> Even though I only have a short time left in this body of mine...
Minister, you mustn't say such things!
I'm at the ripe age of 100 and I still have life left in me. Why you are only, what... in your sixties, minister?
I'm 46.
...Oh, really? You look like shi—ergh! A shining example of virility, minister.

Garan, destroy this Yuri. I cannot allow anyone to stand in the way of my plans for a new empire.
Trust me, my lord. I, Garan, shall [will] put forth my best effort.
Just go.
<bows>

And thus Garan resigns himself to a fate of teleporting away to completely botch this poo poo and dying in a future boss fight. C'mon. Lenny was more of a contender than this muppet.

Hyuga, don't be angry with me...

But I will not show mercy to an enemy. <coughs>
Even if he is the son of a cherished friend.

Video: Episode 98 Highlight Reel
(Worth watching just to see how goofy Master Cylinder and Hojo driving its animation are in motion.)

Steel Soldiers Concept Art - Kerberos Panzer Cops. The most Japan doesn't give a gently caress stealing generic bad guy design of all time.

Master Cylinder Concept Art - Did my 11-year-old son design this...?

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

FalloutFan56 posted:

I feel like they've had this problem in Shadow Hearts 1 too, especially the Kowloon Walled City which wasn't the massive slum depicted until, you guessed it, the mid '60s. There's just a lot of super weird anachronisms. I guess if you really wanted to slam in the whole Rasputin/Russian Imperial family subplot, but otherwise the games have a much more modern feel than the Edwardian era it says it's in.

Like this last update could have been taken from Resident Evil or a vault in a Fallout game.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

The original Shadow Hearts was better about trying to feel historic, even if they did take a few liberties here and there. But even the European portion of this game was pretty good about it. It's just Japanese game developers portraying Japan in a video game.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

This pretty much sums up Yuri's response to every encounter in the game.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
I wonder if the Step Doubler and Tripler stack- if you put them on different party members, I can't recall how many accessories a single person can equip. If they do stack, we can now break the heck out of that sidequest. Potentially. :D

I remember this dungeon as super annoying. Thanks for reminding me why.

RIP Dr. Hojo. You will probably be overshadowed by another mad scientist with the same name.

They need more games set in the Imperial Japan era. It's a fun period with clear bad guys and great history. I understand why they don't want to revisit it, but still it could be fun in a lot of ways.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
This section and it's boss were kinda rear end, but I still forgot that's the end of the story for this mad scientist goober. Maybe it'll be revealed he had a data backup in whatever passes for WWI alt-Japan's computer mainframe secretly in control of Garan in a plot twist they shuffled out purely for the director's cut version.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

achtungnight posted:

I wonder if the Step Doubler and Tripler stack- if you put them on different party members, I can't recall how many accessories a single person can equip. If they do stack, we can now break the heck out of that sidequest. Potentially. :D

Iirc they do

Sgt Thud
Oct 14, 2012

ultrafilter posted:

The original Shadow Hearts was better about trying to feel historic, even if they did take a few liberties here and there. But even the European portion of this game was pretty good about it. It's just Japanese game developers portraying Japan in a video game.

Honestly though, the anachronism is clearly deliberate and personally I think is part of the charm.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I'm glad you figured out the boss weakness so soon. the loving wily capsules are the worst.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
Episode XCIX: Downtime

Following that Hojo Laboratory fiasco, and a subsequent complete waste of time dungeon, we find ourselves back at Mukyo-An with Yuri impatiently pacing back and forth while Karin flashes the camera for the umpteenth time in any given 20 minute stretch of the game. Seriously, it's been a trial to get shots of assort battles and avoid Karin upskirts. The default character action select camera is at a low angle facing a set of possible random directions and half the time for Karin it's oh hey. Could we not? It's bad enough the last achievement I have in NieR: Automata and the one always staring me in the face if I hit that game on Steam is the 2B upskirt achievement. You're making me feel skeevy, video games. :argh:

...I understand the situation.
For the most part. Using advanced science to extract a demonic entity from a Russian monarch affiliated cultist is... perhaps above my station on understanding. But...
I want you to work with Yuri and his companions. Help them any way you can.
But...
Don't you worry about Yoshiko and me. Ishimura can't touch us as long as we're in the capital. Actually, from what I hear, he has his hands full with his own problems.
Such as that research center being destroyed and the wayward possessed cultist. And a vague, mysterious illness that only manifests itself as non-descript coughing to indicate poor health. You know the type I am describing, yes?
Yes, sir.
Now go. And aide your new allies in any way you can.

Yes sir. I'll go with the others, then.
Good.
<nods> Mmhm.

Where could he have gone, that bastard?
Lousy teleporting jerks. I swear if that guy just shows up out of nowhere to zap me and immediately leaves, I'm gonna lose my poo poo! I'm not doing that again.
You've got to take it easy. Worrying won't help us find Nicolai.
You think I don't know that? Don't talk to me like my mother!

Yuri makes a dejected sigh and sits down next to Karin.

The thing is, this isn't the Nicolai we fought in Apoina Tower. He's a million times more dangerous...

Is it because he's been taken over by Astaroth?
Yeah, he's all god of destructiony juiced up now. I bet it gave him a huge level boost and I'm stuck still grinding back to where I was before I punched an alien god to death. This sucks.

He tried to control the soul of a demon and claim its power for his own. But the demon was stronger, so he's the one who wound up being controlled.
I'm sure getting his junk zapped by that weird machine didn't help his willpower either.

So Nicolai and Astaroth are sharing the same body?
Yeah.
Do you not remember the whole Rasputin thing...? It was literally the exact same case.
Yeah, I guess they're kind of similar, huh?
No... it's actually the same exact thing, though. Literally. The same thing.

I think Nicolai's in there somewhere, but it's Astaroth that has the power. Now the demon is free, I'm afraid to think of what it might do.
...Probably the same thing as when Rasputin was possessed by Asmodeus.
He did say something about leading the planet to the gates of hell or something dramatic like that.
<sighs> It's like a broken record with these guys. But it's a bad idea to just let an out of control dark god demon possession hang. I would uhh...

...Know a thing or two about that.

<sighs and gets bummed out>
What's wrong, young Yuri?

Sensei
You seem depressed. So, there's no hope, eh?
Mmm...
<elbows him in the arm> Yuri!

Naniwa sits down next to Yuri.

What happens when you find the monster?
I'll waste it.
You think you can win?
Yeah, sure.
I've punched out a few gods before. This won't even be the first one in a year.
Hmm. ...Then go to Katsuragi.
Katsuragi?!

Kawashima stands up and looks to the horizon.

Yes, the Forest of the Wind. There's someone waiting to meet you.
To meet me? Who is it?
You'll know when you get there. But believe me, that person will be able to help you on your search.
So they'll have a character portrait?
<nods> Indeed. I believe they will, young Yuri.

<smile and nod at each other>

Music: Rising Sun ~ Japanese Town

Show a little more enthusiasm!
We actually have a clear destination for a change and one that probably isn't leading into an enemy ambush.
...I guess.

We know where we've gotta go, so let's go tell everyone back in town!
Yeah, okay...

Nothing like a vague hint about a mysterious benefactor in some unseen location to get the JRPG motivation blood boiling.

We're done in Mukyo-An for now. Once more, we need to return to the mean streets of Nihonbashi since the rest of the party beyond Karin and Yuri have just decided to chill out in town after raiding a government research facility and murdering a large number of soldiers and the head researcher. As you do.

There is no clear indication of where our party members might have wandered off to. But we just need to hit pretty much every corner of the map to trigger their return to the fold.

The first being directly north at the central intersection of the area. That usually exits the map. But now...

Oh, Yuri! Look at all the stuff I bought! They'll make good souvenirs for Daddy and Alexei!
Plus, look at this cute new hat I picked up at a boutique down the road.
<tilts head> ...Isn't that the same hat you were wearing?
Tch. As if! That was a snow-white colored make. This is white cream colored material.
I can't really see the difference either.
Bah! I am surrounded by uncultured peasants! You have simply ruined my desire to continue shopping if my stylish efforts are going to go to waste.

What are you moaning about? I very kindly invited you out shopping with me. You should feel privileged!
<slumps down dejected> Invited me out?! I'm just here to carry all the stuff you buy! Jeez, I must be an idiot!
<points at Joachim> Did you say something?
Um... no, nothing!

There are two members recovered. If we return to the park we'll find Blanca and Kurando spending the eternal afternoon of Nihonbashi with Yoshiko Kawashima-2.

Oh, Yuri! You came to get Blanca, didn't you?
Yeah. But by the look on his face, I'd say he wants a little more of a walk!
Grrr...
I am also present. I will accompany you.
Yeah, sure. You do you, guy.

See you later, Blanca! I'll take you for a walk again when you come back!
Awroo, awroo!
Come back soon!

Our final stop in town is Great Gama's wrestling arena where we find Lucia and Gepetto hanging out near our traveling merchant... associates...

So you've finally figured out where we're going next, have you?!
Great! I was starting to get really bored!
Yeah, it's going to be a bit of a hike to get there unless there is suddenly convenient excuse to travel long distances across Japan lands in our lap in the next few minutes. And what are the odds of that happening...?

The party goes to leave the wrestling arena and return to the World Map, when...

OLD Music: Bacon's Juice

Roger!!

Ahh!
Finally found me, huh?!
Oh, you're still alive?!
We... weren't looking for you, to be honest. We had a quest.
A quest that involved ditching me in the wilderness?!
Well, you know how quests go.

How did you ever get off that mountain?!
Yeah?!
Hmph!! I wasn't about to die until I got a chance to give you all a piece of my mind!
I didn't sleep hundreds of years in a coffin in the back of a cursed Welsh monastery to be treated like this!! I was nearly eaten by wild bears after you left! The indignity!

Hey, come on. We didn't have a choice. You were the only one that could fix that ship.
What were we going to do? Punch it? Bark at it? Wrestle the broken parts? C'mon, you're the only one that knows science stuff.
Plus, I figured the bears would decide you were too nasty to eat.
You look less like bacon and more like burnt jerky.

You expect me to believe that?! You ran away screaming like babies!! I never saw anyone run that fast!!
I've never seen anyone mash the escape from battle option so quickly. Like scared children!
<holds up arms> Waaaa!! Just like that!!

Is that right?
<give each other an eye-rolling look>
Yeah, that's right!

<sobs and pounds the ground>
Okay! Time to let begones be bygones!
She's right. Let's just forget it.
So you were abandoned in the woods full of feral beasts and likely ghosts and a few demons. We've all been there before. Well, not me, per se. But...
<continues to pound the ground> Don't you d-daare!

<crawls away and sobs> Hmph!! What kind of people are you?! It's not funny!!
<laugh at the upset old man they abandoned to go adventuring>

Now that comic relief reintroduction of Roger Bacon is complete, we now access to an airship and with it the ability to return to any location in the game. But that's a story for another day. With this, our time in this chapter is complete. Tune in next time as our adventures take us to the mysterious Forest of Wind as Shadow Hearts: Covenant continues.

That was certainly a chapter chalked through with filler. But we do have a number of "new" entries. Even if they're almost entirely old entries with some added coloring and bits hammered on, outside the boss. Let's take a look.

Monsters:

All cops are bastards. All armored stormtroopers are cops. Therefore...

It also has a canon. And exclusively uses the cannon.

Well, we can make it fly and punch things more efficiently now. What? Making it shoot things?! Don't be absurd. That gatling gun mounted on the bottom side of the chasse? Why, that's just for intimidation factors. You know the costs and weight factors to make that functional?! Nonsense!

I wouldn't call anything about this Dr. Wily rear end capsule robot "handsome." Nor would I consider comically large pincers, buzzsaws and drills the latest in weapon technology. But I suppose I am no scientist.

The Mental Realm.

Characters:

He'd be starting a harassment campaign against Karin right now on Twitter if the internet had been invented yet.

Video: Episode 99 Highlight Reel

Mukyo-An Concept Art - I'd chill out there.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

I'm so poisoned by 90s era marketing that every time I hear Hojo I think of those Howard Johnson game Gear ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3Z8OF13b8

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
I just gotta say, I fukkin love Bacon. He hits just the right mix of "weird gross old man" and "endearing support character" for me.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!

FeyerbrandX posted:

I'm glad you figured out the boss weakness so soon. the loving wily capsules are the worst.

Also glad updates are coming at a cool pace right now. Enjoying this while it lasts.

Don’t forget Ishimura’s poor posture for his age / position and assumed constant lethargy. They might be symptoms of his weird illness too.

Another point for this game- the airship is ready when we need it, not after we get parts K, R, and X.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

I considered this a good use of my time, and considered it a good use of your "page down" button

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

FeyerbrandX posted:

I considered this a good use of my time, and considered it a good use of your "page down" button

Fantastic use of free time.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax

FeyerbrandX posted:

that's some Good poo poo

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

FeyerbrandX posted:

I remember way back when there used to be a Mega Man sprite comic called Bob and George. That kind of panel would have fit in like any other episode.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FeyerbrandX posted:

The only part I'm sad about is that you didn't include Bianca-Rush.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

ImpAtom posted:

The only part I'm sad about is that you didn't include Bianca-Rush.

You can use the 8 bit Treble sprites from MM10.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Kurieg posted:

You can use the 8 bit Treble sprites from MM10.

Thanks for reminding me about that. I was thinking about rush or those hot dogs from MM2 and, well, :effort:

Now enjoy him and a bonus* Geppeto.

*May not be a real bonus. Lucia or creepy dolls sold separately never

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Everyone forgot Kurando again.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Who is this “Kurando”? I don’t think that name has come up

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Isn't that one of the moogles that save Terra at the start of FFVI?

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

FeyerbrandX posted:

Isn't that one of the moogles that save Terra at the start of FFVI?

No, you're thinking of Kumama

Kurando is the bad guy from Final Fantasy IX

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

No, you're thinking of Kumama

Kurando is the bad guy from Final Fantasy IX

No, that's Kuja.

Kurando is the blonde kid from Hunter X Hunter.

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
No, you're thinking of Kurapika.

Kurando is the Rock/Water-type fossil Pokémon.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
No, that's Kabuto.

Kurando is Sakura's rival from Street Fighter.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this is Kurando

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Hwurmp posted:

this is Kurando

Doesn't ring a bell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

so THAT'S what Frisky Dingo was referencing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SB09wT5e88