Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

oliwan posted:

Klopp is one of those people that is only friendly and warm when everything goes their way, and incredibly toxic and spiteful otherwise. It's really the worst kind of personality to have.

lol have you seen that Amazon Man City documentary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

looool

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
I'm going to laugh so hard if in the end Rodgers ended up getting Liverpool closer to a title than Klopp.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gorn Myson posted:

lol have you seen that Amazon Man City documentary

No, why?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

oliwan posted:

Klopp is one of those people that is only friendly and warm when everything goes their way, and incredibly toxic and spiteful otherwise. It's really the worst kind of personality to have.

Which top manager deals with dropped points well?

I don't like the excuses but it's pretty much par for the course at that level.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The contrast is pretty jarring with Klopp at times though he appears outright mean rather than salty

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

julian assflange posted:

The contrast is pretty jarring with Klopp at times though he appears outright mean rather than salty

It's very hard for a German to cover up their desire to march across Europe.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Ewar Woowar posted:

Which top manager deals with dropped points well?

Ole Gunnar Solskajer, my magical perfect dream Elf.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Unfortunately there is a lot of bullying in this thread and I hope our great mod will do something about it when he sees it.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Xabi posted:

Unfortunately there is a lot of bullying in this thread and I hope our great mod will do something about it when he sees it.

Greg retired though?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Xabi posted:

You should probably check how Italians interact with scousers before you demand mod action

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Xabi posted:

send a message

in a

bottle

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

Xabi posted:

how's it feel now bitch

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Xabi posted:

agreed, everyone needs to apologise to Brendan

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

julian assflange posted:

On one hand. It's kinda cool to see a manager not just give clichéd answers. On the other hand, it gives the media alot of fire power against him

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Being Liverpool manager will break everyone eventually.

Whatever happened to Dr. Steve Peters? Liverpool could use some of his good, optimal performance vibes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Sports journalists are massive crybabies and its good when people slap them down

https://twitter.com/alanshearer/status/1102159634952015872

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Imagine being paid professionally to discuss a sport and knowing less about it than Alan Shearer

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Liverpoo are shat

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/sakers03/status/1102269387640328194?s=21

:laugh:

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

Liverpoo are shat

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

CyberPingu posted:

That was loving infuriating.

Losing a 7 point lead by drawing against teams is so annoying to watch. But credit to City, they close out close games which is something we were doing at the start of the season but can't do it now it seems.

I don't think it's over yet but it not being in our hands anymore is not good

Liverpool need to get more creativity in the midfield. I think Keita will ultimately come good, but his adjustment process has taken way too long this season for him to make the needed impact and the hard grafting of Milner and Henderson isn't producing the same results anymore. The fact that Milner has the most assists of anyone in the side kind of belies what that actually means in terms of midfield versatility.

And somehow, more fullback cover would be a big improvement. I think a big part of the run of draws is Klopp forcing Milner into being fullback again. Alexander-Arnold and Robertson have become super important to the side and when they start buckling, you can tell that Liverpool are much less dangerous.

And since this is Liverpool, I'm sure at least one of the main attacking 3 will put in a transfer request in the summer. Once one problem seems fixed (or close to it), something else breaks.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Brony Car posted:

Being Liverpool manager will break everyone eventually.

Whatever happened to Dr. Steve Peters? Liverpool could use some of his good, optimal performance vibes.

here he is at
anfield

BillBear
Mar 13, 2013

Ask me about running my country straight into the ground every time I play EU4 multiplayer.
https://twitter.com/Nick_Metcalfe/status/1102292045434114050?s=19

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
jurgen klopp insists he's fine as he leads his alsatian down into the bunker with a luger in his hand

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Professional footballer in scoring goal with weaker foot shocker.

Lukaku has scored 3 of his last 4 goals with the wrong foot and they were all tasty finishes.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Eau de MacGowan posted:

jurgen klopp insists he's fine as he leads his alsatian down into the bunker with a luger in his hand

Would have made a nice thread title that

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Rodgers starting his managerial reign by telling the fans he's only there for the money then losing his new manager bounce game owned.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Byolante posted:

Rodgers starting his managerial reign by telling the fans he's only there for the money then losing his new manager bounce game owned.

did he really say that

it's rodgers so i can easily believe it but still

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Parity warning posted:

did he really say that

He usually does the opposite. Like that "laying down my life," comment.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

Parity warning posted:

did he really say that

he said he wanted to stay but at that price he couldnt turn it down

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

i believe in jurgen klopp

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Raffles posted:

i believe in jurgen klopp

To bottle it? Haha

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
I
I
I believe
I believe
I believe that
I believe that
I believe that Klopp will blame the wind

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

CyberPingu posted:

That was loving infuriating.

Losing a 7 point lead by drawing against teams is so annoying to watch. But credit to City, they close out close games which is something we were doing at the start of the season but can't do it now it seems.

I don't think it's over yet but it not being in our hands anymore is not good

It’s over, op

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

:negative:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

fart simpson posted:

It’s over, op

:toxx: it if you are so sure

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

My god he is a halfwit isnt he

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Turn on your monitor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

oliwan posted:

My god he is a halfwit isnt he

"I know people don't like it when I say that, but the wind came from all directions and you saw that in a lot situations that it didn't help any football play, especially when the ball was in the air and that was a lot."

The state of him tbh :v: