Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hockey?
This poll is closed.
10 7.25%
25 18.12%
32 23.19%
71 51.45%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Trade deadline happened, Columbus went all in, let's do that hockey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

still lollin from last night

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

yellowcar posted:

:same:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I originally hoped the thread title for this month would be the one from deadline day about pushing all the chips in with Jarmo's dick but :laffo: Isles fans.

CBJ since Duchene trade: 3-1-0 (W: @OTT, SJ, PHI; L PIT), but they tried to lose to Philadelphia last night so :iiam:.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

I know we joke about how JR has lost it, but uh, from Friedman's 31 thoughts:

quote:

In the days leading up to Carl Hagelin’s trade to Washington, Pittsburgh tried to re-acquire the winger. Before the trade was submitted for Central Registry approval, someone noticed that the Penguins were ineligible to do it. They traded him to Los Angeles on Nov. 28 and retained salary. A team can not bring back any such player for one year after the initial move.

Seems like a pretty basic rule the front office should have remembered.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Cam Talbot tonight will be the 8th goalie this season to start for the Flyers, an NHL record

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Mamma Lucia posted:

I know we joke about how JR has lost it, but uh, from Friedman's 31 thoughts:

Seems like a pretty basic rule the front office should have remembered.

Everything JR has done for the past two years has been throwing poo poo at the wall. He trades for a guy and then turns around and trades them again a few months or a year later. He's done that with Sheahan, Oleksiak, Brassard, Pearson, etc.

He has no clue what he's doing.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
We're never going to be free of Leprechaun Roenick are we?

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

yellowcar posted:

Same

https://twitter.com/hockeyfights/status/1101511263643811840

https://twitter.com/hockeyfights/status/1101549580607352832

Jesus, Boychuk got lucky

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Ginette Reno posted:

Everything JR has done for the past two years has been throwing poo poo at the wall. He trades for a guy and then turns around and trades them again a few months or a year later. He's done that with Sheahan, Oleksiak, Brassard, Pearson, etc.

He has no clue what he's doing.

The theory I like is that since JR had a successful reclamation project with Schultz, JR now believes he can do the same thing with literally everybody else

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

that's loving scary poo poo. thankfully he was okay.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Hockey players need to start wearing kevlar turtlenecks or something.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Arivia posted:

We're never going to be free of Leprechaun Roenick are we?

no

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

https://twitter.com/spittinchiclets/status/1101539322954686470

Tell us how you really feel, Sean.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
John Tavares never got arrested. A shining beacon on the island.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

HiFi posted:

they shoot the cannon twice?

Yeah and it is pretty funny since after the review all the players for the next line are just hanging out on the ice and talking and it is loving loud as poo poo

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
OK Sean, but why are you dressed like the old man from Pawn Stars?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The theory I like is that since JR had a successful reclamation project with Schultz, JR now believes he can do the same thing with literally everybody else

I guess it's possible. The odd thing is the Penguins did seem to value analytics earlier in JR's tenure. He specifically mentioned that he valued them, and they made a lot of analytically favorable moves such as Sutter for Bones, Perron for Hagelin, etc. Even Scuderi for Daley. Both guys were bad analytically but Daley less so. But it's like he's thrown that out the window recently with a lot of his moves.

That said I was looking at Gudbranson and oddly enough his analytics in Florida weren't that bad. Even in Vancouver his first year, they were not so bad. The past two years have been horrendous but prior to that he was at least playable. I dunno what happened these past two for him to get so much worse. He's not old or anything.

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Zodijackylite posted:

OK Sean, but why are you dressed like the old man from Pawn Stars?

I will always take the opposite stance of anyone wearing whatever Avery is in that video

in this case I'm glad that my take is the very correct and good take

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

Ginette Reno posted:

That said I was looking at Gudbranson and oddly enough his analytics in Florida weren't that bad. Even in Vancouver his first year, they were not so bad. The past two years have been horrendous but prior to that he was at least playable. I dunno what happened these past two for him to get so much worse. He's not old or anything.

Gudbranson can't skate. Well, he can't do a bunch of things, but he definitely can't skate. As the game has gotten faster and faster he's fallen further behind. Good luck with him!

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Ottawa is his 5th team at age 23, but Duclair definitely seems like he has a ton of upside. Didn’t expect him to be as fast as he was, Boucher used him on the PK a few times and his speed flying down the boards caught a few d flat footed a couple times

His problems seem to be work ethic/listening to the coaches from what Tippett and Torts have said about him, but hopefully he realizes that he is running out of chances and playing closer to home motivates him.

Either way, not a bad gamble to take for The Rebuild

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i take my opinions on character from a dude who's harassed homeless people on snapchat

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

grack posted:

Gudbranson can't skate. Well, he can't do a bunch of things, but he definitely can't skate. As the game has gotten faster and faster he's fallen further behind. Good luck with him!

He was on the second pairing in practice. Behold these d pairings and despair:

https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/1101520907858857984

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Hockey players need to start wearing kevlar turtlenecks or something.

Tomas Plekanec just looked up and he doesn’t know why

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Goddamn. God... drat.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Ginette Reno posted:

Yikes that backend.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

corn on the cop posted:

i take my opinions on character from a dude who's harassed homeless people on snapchat

But John Tavares never got arrested!

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
https://twitter.com/Sens_Army_/status/1101537039860854784

A Completely Fine Owner

I feel bad for Pierre Dorion.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Like 8mil tied up with Johnson and Gudbranson. Just amazing.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
https://twitter.com/ryanclassic/status/1101579240250564608

good thread

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/arizonacoyotes/status/1101582471353626625?s=21

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

bub spank posted:

https://twitter.com/Sens_Army_/status/1101537039860854784

A Completely Fine Owner

I feel bad for Pierre Dorion.
I dont

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

this is harold ballard levels of dysfunction

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

At what point does the NHL step in, if ever?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I'm the completely unnecessary "EK's son is stillborn."

Good grief.

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

I'm the completely unnecessary "EK's son is stillborn."

Good grief.

Wasn't that one of the things Hoffman's fiancee was using in her harassment of the Karlsson family?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Gunjin posted:

Wasn't that one of the things Hoffman's fiancee was using in her harassment of the Karlsson family?

it was, yeah. Sickening poo poo.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

N: VGK's "Second" Line is Stone/Patches/Stastny

V: :getin:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
im the cody ceci lights someone on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:jebstare: