Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hockey?
This poll is closed.
10 7.25%
25 18.12%
32 23.19%
71 51.45%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I believe the Red Wings can catch Ottawa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
gently caress a Flame:

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1102063543753625601

Between this and the unwritten rules nonsense knocking Dumba out for the year... ugh.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I notice that the Red Wings didn't win the cup that year, perhaps history will repeat itself

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Aces High posted:

I notice that the Red Wings didn't win the cup that year, perhaps history will repeat itself

Yes, they won't win the cup this year, either.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
What does N and V mean?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Habibi posted:

No lie, I LOLed on this.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Nocheez posted:

What does N and V mean?

Nevada, Vegas. Every post in the thread that isn't about the Golden Knights is technically off topic.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

Habibi posted:

lmao

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Nocheez posted:

What does N and V mean?

News/Views

No, it isn't explained anywhere, it's the secret friendship test.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Paracaidas posted:

gently caress a Flame:

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1102063543753625601

Between this and the unwritten rules nonsense knocking Dumba out for the year... ugh.

Flames continue to show why they're the dirtiest team in the NHL, no one is surprised. Maybe DoPS will actually get this one right for once.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

I mean, I wanted to cheer for them in their upcoming playoff run, but this poo poo is stupid as gently caress.

Literally no reason for it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

VJeff posted:

Nevada, Vegas. Every post in the thread that isn't about the Golden Knights is technically off topic.

Having a hockey team in Nevada almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
Marchand being a dirty piece of poo poo again. Must be a day that ends in Y.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1iYzEHVGgY&t=60s

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

MoaM posted:

I mean, I wanted to cheer for them in their upcoming playoff run, but this poo poo is stupid as gently caress.

Literally no reason for it.

Theyve been doing stuff like that all season.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Nocheez posted:

What does N and V mean?

Not viewing. For when you want to talk hockey but are not watching it.
Unlike the GDT which is for people who don't have Game-Day Tickets but want to talk about the game.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
In KHL news, Shestyorkin was ejected from the game and suspended for the next game because of this:

https://twitter.com/aj_ranger/status/1101872639566594048/video/1

Other player apparently got a punctured lung

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1102077729283944453?s=19

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

If his stick was moving a bit less then this would prime Controller Disconnected material.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I'm still laughing that any number of 5 teams could win the Metro and at this point I think the Metro sends 5 and retains their crown of winning a cup 4 years in a row.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:jebstare:

You knew it was a matter of time though with him.

clean ayers act
Aug 13, 2007

How do I shot puck!?
I hope the Jackets make the playoffs, I want to see more GMs take crazy reckless moves at the deadline in the future. That being said, it seems like adding two additions to your top 6 and expecting line chemistry to take hold right away is a tall task.

Aces High posted:

You can make a strong argument that the 94-95 and 95-96 Wings teams were two of the best to not win the cup; based on how tampa is going if they don't win I would say they belong in that conversation

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
Smith also let an unscreened shot from near the blueline go fivehole on him to make it 4-2 late. Not a great period for the man.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

clean ayers act posted:

I hope the Jackets make the playoffs, I want to see more GMs take crazy reckless moves at the deadline in the future. That being said, it seems like adding two additions to your top 6 and expecting line chemistry to take hold right away is a tall task.

I don't disagree in general and am hoping things shake out, but the new forwards on the second line were, by my understanding, linemates earlier this season on their original team. That said, Bjorkstrand is by himself having to adjust to Duchene and Dzingel, so things might improve once he gets up to speed.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 3, 2019

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

The 3 or 4 times a year this happens to him would be completely forgivable if he wasn't almost 20 god drat points under his career save percentage.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I wish nothing but ill will upon Mike Smith and his family

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

mennoknight posted:

I wish nothing but ill will upon Mike Smith and his family

Kind of mean to want him to be traded to Edmonton after a single bad game.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Kilza posted:

Flames continue to show why they're the dirtiest team in the NHL, no one is surprised. Maybe DoPS will actually get this one right for once.

Never mind

https://twitter.com/RussoHockey/status/1102270685588713472

DoPS continues to be the biggest joke in the league by far, and that's including both Ottawa and Edmonton.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Wait, Martin Jones has an .896 sp? Had no idea he was that bad this year. San Jose getting average goaltending would be winning the West...

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Kilza posted:

Never mind

DoPS continues to be the biggest joke in the league by far, and that's including both Ottawa and Edmonton.

I can kinda see how they might say that it was just a guy trying to avoid a hit. And the follow through was unintentional consequence thereof. But, lmao, I mean...don’t you want to discourage reckless abandon somewhat? Not meaning to hurt people is still punishable by law in the real world. poo poo.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He was just trying to give him an encouraging arm around the shoulders.

"Nice try bud, you'll get it next time. Chin up."

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

Kind of mean to want him to be traded to Edmonton after a single bad game.

Hasn't he had like five years worth of single bad games at this point?

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Kilza posted:

Never mind

They really seem to have regressed this year.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

HookShot posted:

Hasn't he had like five years worth of single bad games at this point?

I want him to stay in Calgary because I want the Flames to get bounced in the first round.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

I want him to stay in Calgary because I want the Flames to get bounced in the first round.

:yeah:

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
I wonder how many more of these fuckups have to occur before the commentators stop mentioning how good Mike Smith is at handling the puck during every Flames game

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

You'll all be shocked to hear this but Tom Wilson did a cheapshot again.

https://twitter.com/FitzGSN_/status/1102291604164038656

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This Rangers/Caps game is good.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

fawning deference posted:

Wait, Martin Jones has an .896 sp? Had no idea he was that bad this year. San Jose getting average goaltending would be winning the West...

it's very bad

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Furnaceface posted:

That was a forgone conclusion from the start though.

Also, coming in flat against a team they should just beat is the most Iginla tribute the Flames could have produced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
lmao Rangers goalie just threw his stick at Ovi.

And it wasn't a goal? Wow.