Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

I was that kid who kept every key item I could because "what if it unlocks a super-awesome secret?". drat Capcom for hiding their bonus stuff behind things like "being good at the game"!

If it makes you feel any better, my very first playthrough of RE2Make saw me holding onto every key item for dear life. If it weren't for the sort button that item box would be a huge mess.

edit: Whoops, second page! Here's the recent update:

liquidypoo fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Mar 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Marvin deserves a Ghost Survivor dlc. It should be a no brainer.

Wesker's room in STARS office has a secret film roll behind his chair

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Mar 9, 2019

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

WaltherFeng posted:

Wesker's room in STARS office has a secret film roll behind his chair

That’s not quite right, but we’ll be revisiting the STARS office later and I take a peek at stuff in there in more detail, so don’t worry, we’ll see it.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I just smashed X a lot so yeah found it by accident

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

ChaosArgate fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Mar 15, 2019

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I've never actually played the original but I dont think the chief's motives for kidnapping Sherry are ever properly explained in the remake.

Like he wants a thing but why

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I remember the original had my first headcanon. I realized the original Sherry was voiced by Wanda from The Magic School Bus so I came up with the idea that Ms. Frizzle brought the kids to Raccoon City to learn about viruses

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I totally don't remember Sherry at all from when i played the original. Which would have been like 20 years ago or whatever. But I think I played Leon A, Claire B, and maybe that effects things? I can't remember, so long ago. Interesting to see the setting again though.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
That was one of the better appearances of Irons.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

WaltherFeng posted:

I've never actually played the original but I dont think the chief's motives for kidnapping Sherry are ever properly explained in the remake.

Like he wants a thing but why
In the original game he doesn't even do so at all, but ironically, his motivation for doing so in this game would have made far more sense because of... reasons I'm actually not sure I'm allowed to talk about? Do spoilers for the original count as spoilers for the remake by association? I guess I'll bring it up again when we get to what they changed about it.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

One of the things I like about "G-Man" is that he's a good example of the level of detail put into the game. If you look at him close up during the fight (see when Argate drops the grenade on him or during the scripted(?) jump scare grab), you can see the damage he's accrued over time as his body gets charred black from the flame rounds or drenched in blood from the gunshot wounds. It's a detail the devs didn't need to do as they could have saved time by keeping G-Man's model unchanged until the end cutscene, but they still did it anyway. I like it when games do little touches like that.

On the flip side, G-Man's AI pathing...is not the best in the game. I have seen him get hung up on geometry or get stuck in one place spinning around in a circle not doing anything. A small hiccup, but not the worst thing that could happen given the boss arena's design. This area does have a lot of places for both the player and G-Man to get stuck on, so I cut Capcom a little slack here.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I like how the battlefield around G slowly breaks down and smoke blows everywhere. It still happens when you simply stab G and nothing really breaks apart, but I like the wasted effort they put in.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

I like how the battlefield around G slowly breaks down and smoke blows everywhere. It still happens when you simply stab G and nothing really breaks apart, but I like the wasted effort they put in.

On my first run it was definitely intimidating. I think they specifically designed his movement to be erratic because the steam does reduce visibility a lot in the arena.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Mar 13, 2019

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

WaltherFeng posted:

On my first run it was definitely intimidating. I think they specifically designed [his] movement to be erratic because the steam does reduce visibility a lot in the arena.

As a heads up, I think a spoiler might have accidentally slipped into your post ;)

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Doing the Code Veronica thing?

St0rmTheGates
Jan 30, 2019
I have shamed myself. I cannot beat the damned B campaign for this remake. Even running past the lickers, they still keep chipping away at my health.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

St0rmTheGates posted:

I have shamed myself. I cannot beat the damned B campaign for this remake. Even running past the lickers, they still keep chipping away at my health.

Did you try walking past them? Like real slowly. It's insanely hard on the nerves but definitely the best way around them

Are there any gun nerds lurking around here who can explain what's the deal with Claire's tiny weird handgun? It looks seriously loving stupid

some plague rats fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 13, 2019

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Crane Fist posted:

Did you try walking past them? Like real slowly. It's insanely hard on the nerves but definitely the best way around them

Are there any gun nerds lurking around here who can explain what's the deal with Claire's tiny weird handgun? It looks seriously loving stupid

It is probably a S&W Ladysmith.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
According to IMFDB it's a S&W Bodyguard.

Really weird looking gun.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
edit: Forums burped

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CJacobs posted:

According to IMFDB

Of course this is a thing

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
IMFDB is awesome, the article on Max Payne 3 rules because that game has a bunch of guns in it and they're all real guns. Don't go for the page to RE2make right now though (which is why I didn't link it), there's obviously big spoilers.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I read up a bit and it seems like Claire's gun is dead weird looking by design for incomprehensible firearm reasons, and I guess they chose it to continue RE series tradition of never letting her have nice things

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Crane Fist posted:

Of course this is a thing

Are you really surprised that there's a database of guns used in media that chronicles their real world inspirations? :v:

St0rmTheGates posted:

Remember, they're blind as a bat, so as long as you can walk in a wide radius from them, you should be fine! If you can't, you could always try a flashbang to completely throw them off your trail.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

CJacobs posted:

According to IMFDB it's a S&W Bodyguard.

Really weird looking gun.
I would say it's both. The grip looks like the bodyguard's as well as the curve above the grip, while the chamber has the same indentations and snub nose of the Ladysmith. Assuming this picture is the correct one. Is it another Frankengun like the RE1 cover art gun?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 14, 2019

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Scalding Coffee posted:

I would say it's both. The grip looks like the bodyguard's as well as the curve above the grip, while the chamber has the same indentations and snub nose of the Ladysmith. Assuming this picture is the correct one. Is it another Frankengun like the RE1 cover art gun?
I wouldn't be surprised if Claire's revolver is a custom job that Chris gave to her as a gift. For one, Barry is well established as a gun nut who goes out of his way to modify his own guns to an insane degree (seriously, look at his Samurai Edge in Revelations 2 for how outlandish he can get), so I could see Chris asking Barry to make a modified gun for Claire for some occasion.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Arf! Arf!

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I was wondering if Mr X was gonna be a B game only thing like the original. I love the new mechanics, though. In the original, he got kinda predictable. And if you ever replayed (like if you went Leon A/Claire B then Claire A/Leon B) he was absolutely ruined.

ChaosArgate I need your mailing address in case I have a moment of weakness and buy it so I can send you my credit card bill because it will be enitrely your fault and not mine! :argh:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I think it's a wonderful piece of design that Mr.X is actually patrolling the building rather than jumping out at random. I guess if someone is lucky / skilled enough they won't even see Mr.X after the helicopter scene, barring scripted events of course.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

I think it's worth noting that in my Claire A playthrough so I could start recording Leon B, I managed to sneak up on Mr. X two or three times. Still just as pants-making GBS threads as having him get the jump on you, honestly.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
It would be less annoying to have half the ammo, since you always go over the limit and eat up two spots of inventory.
I was going to buy the game with a gift card, but they don't have the PC version.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

I like Irons because you can immediately tell if you saw him in public, it would be very easy to mistake him for a decent person. He has certain quality to his voice.

I remember my first playthrough and I was on the 3rd floor of the RPD. I saw X stalking in the main hall down below and suddenly he stops, looks up and stares Claire straight in the eye before bolting to the nearest door. That was "oh poo poo he's good" moment.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Mar 16, 2019

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have one piece of advice for anyone when they trigger Mr. X: DO NOT STAND UNDER THE LADDER IN THE LIBRARY. Guess what Mr. X can do? You guessed it, he can jump down and outright Goomba Stomp your rear end dead.

No, I totally did not make that mistake in my run, why do you ask?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

AradoBalanga posted:

I have one piece of advice for anyone when they trigger Mr. X: DO NOT STAND UNDER THE LADDER IN THE LIBRARY. Guess what Mr. X can do? You guessed it, he can jump down and outright Goomba Stomp your rear end dead.

No, I totally did not make that mistake in my run, why do you ask?

This is loving wonderful.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Night10194 posted:

This is loving wonderful.
Trust me, I am not alone in making that mistake. I've seen a few other playthroughs where that happened to other people. One of them was Lythero's run with Leon and I think he was in a more hilariously bad situation of starting the climbing animation when Mr. X gave it to him. So yes, Mr. X is not going to be stopped by a simple 7 foot (I think that's how tall the ladder is) drop to the ground. You are much better served by avoiding him or baiting out his big swings in order to avoid him because just like his inability to turn on a dime, Mr. X's punch has a very long starting and ending animation, which leaves you open to dodge it and run away.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
On my livestream of the game, I was trying to lose Mr X by forcing him to take a long and slow path that I could do quickly. I went down the ladder expecting him to have to stop, look at the ladder, get in place, and start climbing down just like when he climbs up. Nope. That dude doesn't give a drat and he hopped right on a zombie flopping around at the bottom like he was slipping into a new pair of shoes.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Does he do anything when you stand on top of the ladder above him when he climbs? Grab your leg and throw you?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

Zombies can grab you while climbing (not sure if theres a unique animation) so Im assuming its same for X. Not sure if its possible to climb at the same time

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Mar 17, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

WaltherFeng posted:

I just smashed X a lot so yeah found it by accident
I believe the most recent installment has proved that it's X who does the smashing. :colbert: