Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I backed this on kickstarter and was really disappointed on release.

Tried it again on a whim 6 months ago and they really improved on it, it's a damned good game now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Nope, it's Daddy Pig in all of his oinky glory.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Enchanted Hat posted:

I heard that Dungeons 1 was bad, so I've just ignored that series. Maybe I'll look into Dungeons 3, thanks!

One thing I miss from Dungeon Keeper 2 is essentially mugging your own minions. In Dungeon Keeper 2, if I were short on cash, I'd just find some wealthy minions and just knock them out and steal their money.

You can still do this - sort of. I'll elaborate more when you hit the appropriate building.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Torrannor posted:

Pretty standard Dungeon Keeper levels so far. It's basically just a mission pack, I hope we get to see some truly new things, too.

Not covered so far; each mission has both a "complete in X amount of time" achievement, as well as a "complete a specific objective" on the map achievement. The specific objective is usually pretty easy but the speedrun versions are all extremely tightly timed. I've tried a couple of them and they're pretty hard to get!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I remember really struggling with this level, even while hammering traps and setting up mazes with soul traps in single tile walls, next to freezing traps.

Because I didn't know

that the infinimine existed.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I hope you can use her dungeon theme as a skin. That's awesome.

From memory all of the dungeon themes are unlockable; This link is both extremely spoilery, insofar as it shows themes we've not seen, contains images for each theme, and tells you how to unlock each theme so uh, click with caution

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yeah that is a wildly different ending than I remember.

Haven't played the Heart of gold xpac now I come to think of it...

Enchanted Hat posted:

I like that the game even offered a twist for me by completely changing the ending inbetween playthroughs! Unfortunately, I haven't actually played Heart of Gold and Under Games.

I remember that! My home realm was completely undeveloped, so Lucius just marked through empty stone for a while and then rudely smacked my dungeon core.

I think I prefer the previous ending where Mendechaus and I win the campaign, and he then stabs me in the back. In this version, it's not at all clear what Kira actually does to upset Mendechaus' plans, or if she does nothing at all and or just leaves to a new realm. I'd totally be interested in trying a new Overseer expansion campaign where you play as the Empire, though. The game has a free campaign editor and map maker, but unfortunately, as far as I can see, I can't find a way to set the player to the Empire faction.

Force-Skin as Empire, put Hero portals in. They're used extensively in the last "My Pet dungeon" level.