Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zomg
Aug 29, 2006

Ey girl, you ever been with a haunted tent?

Mnemosyne Doxiadis, the Magus

Who are you?
Mnemosyne Doxiadis, Heir to the Doxiadis Family, Magus in possession of the dual affinities Wind & Void, Clock Tower student specializing in Spiritual Evocation.

How long have you been in the city?
For some time now, ever since I joined the Clock Tower. My homeland is Crete. I do miss it at times, though I’ve grown fond of the city life that London provides. I imagine it’ll be hard to go back to the island…

What keeps you up at night?
My older brother’s sudden disappearance. He was to be the true heir to the family crest. But one night he just vanished. The only thing he left behind was a note that said he had to learn “the truth”. No one in my family knows what he meant by that. It’s a great enigma that I’ve been drawn to unraveling, and perhaps when I do I’ll be able to find him.

What have you sacrificed for your power?
Oh that’s easy – a social life. I don’t spend much time conversing with other magi within the Clock Tower. Or anyone outside of it. I’m not entirely embarrassed about it. The strides I’ve made as a Magus have been significant, and people speak highly of me. What more could I want?

What do you desperately need?
Well, you see, there’s this book. A grimoire to be exact. In it is the true names of several celestial beings. With these true names, one can get in contact with them. There’s one in particular I’m interested in – one that can give me what I need to possibly find my brother. It’s locked up tight within the confines of the Spirtual Evocation department’s triple restricted section. While I’m highly regarded, I’m not quite marked for such clearance. I have to find a way to get my hands on that book, though...

quote:

Name: Mnemosyne Doxiadis
Look: Female, Greek, Dark Clothing
Demeanor: Ominous

Stats:
Blood -1
Heart 0
Mind 1
Spirit 2

Factions:
Mortality 1
Night -1
Power 2
Wild 0

Spells:
Choose 3.
Tracking: Spend 1 hold to learn the location of someone. You must have a personal object that belongs to the target or recent leavings of their body (a lock of hair, fngernail clippings, their blood, etc.).

Elementalism: You conjure the elements to strike out at your enemies. Spend 1 hold to use Unleash with your magic as a weapon (3-harm close or 2-harm close area).

Shielding: Spend 1 hold to provide armor+1 to yourself or someone nearby, or spend 2 holds to provide armor+1 to everyone in a small area, possibly including yourself. This armor lasts until the end of the scene. You can stack multiple uses of Shielding at once.

Sanctum:
Choose and underline 4 features of your Sanctum:
A testing ground, A library of old tomes, Magical wards, A focus circle

Choose and underline 2 downsides of your Sanctum:
It attracts otherworldly attention, It contains many volatile substances

Focus:
You have a mystical focus item that helps you channel your magics. Without it, take -1 to Channelling.
Wand
❑ Gain 1 additional hold when using Channeling

Wizard Moves:
☑ Channelling: When you channel and collect your magics, roll with Spirit. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7-9, hold 3 and choose 1 from the list below. On a miss, hold 1, but you cannot Channel again this scene.
» Take -1 ongoing until you rest
» Suffer 1-harm (ap)
» Mark corruption
Your hold lasts until you spend it. You can spend it to cast any spell you have as per the spell’s details.

☑ Sanctum Sanctorum: When you go to your Sanctum for a spell ingredient, relic, or tome, roll with Spirit. On a 10+, you’ve got pretty much just the thing. On a 7-9, you’ve got something close, but it’s flawed or lacking in some significant way. On a miss, you don’t have what you’re looking for, but you know someone who probably has it in stock.

Drama Moves:
Wizard Corruption Move
When you strike a deal with someone dark and powerful, mark corruption.

Intimacy Move
When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, decide whether you care about them or not. If you don’t, they go about their business as normal. If you do, they take -1 ongoing to Escape until they get some intimacy somewhere else.

End Move
When you die, you may place a devastating curse on someone nearby. Specify the effects of the curse and how they may end it.

Gear:
» A nice apartment, a crappy car, a decent cellphone
» A mystical Focus and Sanctum
» 1 practical weapon
❑ Snubnosed revolver (2-harm close loud reload concealable)

Debts:
» Nephthys is helping you keep your demons at bay. You owe them a Debt.
» Rabi is your go-to when you get into trouble. You owe them 2 Debts.
» You are helping David keep a dangerous secret. They owe you a Debt.

Zomg fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU