Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Sigurd Westgaarde, the Hunter

» Who are you?

Sigurd of Thjod, though I've taken the name Westgaarde as the ages turn.

» How long have you been in the city?

Of late? Months, no more. I come chasing the hint of a wyrm for the slaying.

» How did you become a hunter?

The tale is overlong for the telling, but you would not be incorrect to look to the Edda for some measure of truth. I was raised at the court of King Hjálprek, received the sword Gram from the smith Regin, and slew the dragon Fafnir on Gnita-Heath. Much that follows is more exaggeration than reality. My life was rather unhappy, yes, but I cannot say I was slain by an angry valkyrie.

» What do you hunt, primarily?

That most terrible and avaricious of the creatures that inhabit this realm: dragons. I started with Fafnir, yes, but that is not where I've stopped. The people of the Church, in times past, even knew me by a different name: that of Saint George, Dragonslayer. I care not that they lay claim to my exploits, only that the foul beasts are consigned to the mists of time.

» What are their strengths and weaknesses?

Ah, is that not the trick of it? Their strengths manifold, their weaknesses carefully hidden. I've developed some tacts that work on the average wyrm, but the slaying of a great dragon is never a simple matter. My blade, Gram, is anathema to dragonkind, but a beast of great wisdom often makes the delivery of blade to heart something of a difficult matter.

» What terrible thing have you done to yourself to help even the playing field?

That much of the legend is true. When my blade plunged deep into Fafnir, spelling its doom, I was bathed in heartblood that spilled out. It transformed me, then, from a mortal man into something both more and less. I possess puissance and longevity beyond any man. The tongue of animals is known to me, yes, and my skin is as powerful a barrier as any dragon's scales.

The changes slowed after the heartblood no longer flowed, but I've felt them progress with the years. It's a creeping thing, to be sure, but one day I will be Fafnir reborn. A great and powerful dragon, free to pillage a world where magic and steel can no longer bring forth the majesty and power of ages past.

» How are you like them?

Outside the creeping doom that awaits? I suppose you might consider me a hoarder of lives. Gram has drank the blood of many dragons as of yet, the promise of more all that sates it. I listen not when the dragons offer this speech. It enraged me the first time they named me brother and, I must say, it has grown no less offensive to my ears.

quote:

Name: Sigurd Westgaarde
Look: Male, Scandinavian, Old-fashioned Clothing
Demeanor: Detached

Character Stats:
Blood 2
Heart 0
Mind 1
Spirit -1

Factions:
Mortality 1
Night -1
Power 0
Wild 2

Moves:
Slayer: When you Keep Your Cool while on a hunt, roll with Blood instead of Spirit.
Deadly: When you inflict harm, increase the harm by 1. (Already factored into the custom weapons below.)
Prepared for Anything: You have a well-stocked armory, full of modern and ancient weapons. Take another custom weapon or add another add-on to each of your custom weapons.

Drama Moves:
Hunter Corruption Move: When you injure a mortal while pursuing the supernatural, mark corruption.
Intimacy Move: When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, ask them a question; they must answer it honestly. They will ask you a question in return; answer it honestly or mark corruption.
End Move: When you die or retire your character, choose a character belonging to another player and give them one of your chosen Hunter moves. It’s theirs for keeps.

Gear:
» A lovely apartment, a muscle car, a cell phone
» 3 custom weapons
  • Gram: Dawn of Ruin (3-harm Hand Anchored Reputation) [Haft, Bladed, Famed, Enchanted]
  • Bölverk Gram: Heaven's Wheel of Destruction (5-harm Close/Far Area Loud) [SMG, Big, High-Powered, Scoped]
  • Arrows of Mistletoe: Bane of the Invulnerable (3-harm Close/Far Reload Holy Silver Cold Iron) [Bow, Blessed, Silver, Cold Iron]
Debts:
» Someone has enlisted you to protect them from something very dangerous. They owe you a Debt. — Mnem
» Someone keeps you equipped and supplied. You owe them 2 Debts. — David
» You consider someone a friend even though the friendship keeps bringing you trouble. They owe you a Debt. — Regin, Smith of a Bygone Era

Tricky fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Mar 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU