Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Rabi Baird, the False Wolf

Who are you?
Rabi Baird. Scottish. Indian. Bouncer. Werewolf. A' that.

How long have you been in the city?
A few years. I was a bouncer in Glasgow for a while, then a monster in a cage for a wee bit, and now a lapdog for a mage, watchin' her back green like I'm a fuckin' security guard. I try not to be too bitter as it's technically a mutually beneficial relationship, but as I've already made abundantly clear, if she calls me her guard dog one more time I'll burn her fancy house down.

What is the best part of the change?
The change hurts. A lot. I don't know if it does for real werewolves, or just me. It doesn't matter.

The change - I didn't learn to like the pain exactly, but I did learn to appreciate it as an affirmation. Like going home. Like decorating the exterior match the insides. I can't pretend to be Jekyll and Hyde, because I'm honestly no more violent and aggressive as a giant wolf than I am as a man.

Which is very.

Who is the most important person in your territory?
I am, if you ask me. I probably still am if you ask a bystander. But if you ask a mage, its my prick 'associate'. She lives in a little house up a hill, away from the 'civilians', atop a criss-crossing of some fuckin'.. leylines? She says its magically important. I say its spooky as gently caress. Haunted house. Christ help her though, she does seems to thrive in it.

She's technically the one that keeps me hidden. In exchange I keep the scum out. Lowest crime rate in the city, except for the people who I sometimes make go missing.

What do you desperately need?

Literally, or philosophically? Philosophically I need an understanding of why bad things happen, and the sense of drive and purpose that keeps everyone else on their feet.

Literally though, I'd gladly settle for the chance to rip the head off the person who made me. Then I can find something else to focus the brunt of my attention on. Or maybe just die in peace.

quote:

Name: Rabi Baird
Look: Male, South Asian, Dirty Clothing
Demeanor: Violent

Stats:
Blood +2
Heart -1
Mind 0
Spirit +1

Factions:
Mortality 0
Night +1
Power 0
Wild +1

The Transformation:
By default, you change into your wolf form when the full moon rises; you gain natural weaponry (2-harm) and 1-armor; you can resist the change, but it’s not easy; and you can only change back at sunrise.
Choose 2:
❑ You gain +1 armor while transformed
❑ When battling groups, you fight like a small group

Choose 2:
❑ You can’t resist the change when it comes
❑ The transformation takes a while and causes you a lot of pain

Your Territory:
You’ve claimed an area of the city as your own. By default, your territory covers a city block or two and has the trouble: +crime
Choose 2:
❑ People here work hard to keep the streets safe (remove +crime)
❑ You are widely accepted as this place’s protector (add blessing: +supported)

Choose 2:
❑ Your territory owes fealty to someone more powerful than you (add trouble: +obligations)
❑ Your territory is plagued by a mystical or supernatural presence (add trouble: +haunted)

Wolf Moves:
❑ Comes with the Territory: If you are actively patrolling your territory at the start of the session, roll with Blood. On a 10+, your territory is secure and trouble is at a minimum; take +1 ongoing to Hitting the Streets in your territory. On a 7-9, one of your troubles surfaces (your choice), but things are mostly stable. On a miss, or if you aren’t attending to your territory, things go south and your troubles are fast and furious.
❑ Bloodhound: When you hunt someone, roll with Blood. On a hit, you know exactly where to find them and can follow their scent until you do. On a 10+, take +1 forward against them. On a miss, someone unpleasant finds you first.
And choose one more:
❑ Reckless: If you jump right into danger without hedging your bets, you get armor+1. If you’re leading a group, it gets armor+1 also.

Drama Moves:
Wolf Corruption Move - When you begin a hunt for someone, mark corruption.

Intimacy Move
When you share a moment of intimacy—physical or emotional—with another person, you create a primal bond with them; you always know where to find them and when they’re in trouble. This bond lasts until the end of the next session.

End Move
When you die or retire your character, anyone in the scene you wish to protect escapes and reaches safety, no matter the odds.

Gear:
» A duffel bag with your personal belongings, a lovely cell phone
» 2 practical weapons
❑ 9mm Beretta (2-harm hand concealable)
Baseball Cricket bat (2-harm hand)

Debts:
» JWS is hiding you from someone, or something, powerful. You owe them a Debt.
» Mnemosyne hired you for a job and you hosed it up. You owe them 2 Debts.
» Sigurd lives in your territory, benefiting from your protection. They owe you a Debt.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Mar 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Apocron posted:

How much do you know about your master? Why did she choose you and why was she doing this experiment?

Firstly, pal, that's two different people. Secondly, she's not a master. Not of me, not of magic. Her name is Joanna Wessex-Smith*. Yes that is three names, and yes she will correct you if you skip one. Her family is a very big deal at the 'Clocktower', she insists. Our deal is she keeps me hidden, while I keep her safe. As for what else I know about her.. Bratty. Annoying. Smart-arse. Smug. Does magical projects that I can't even pretend to care about.

As for the experiment, that was done by a Dead Apostle with an Egyptian name. A real problem solver who had a solution for the endangered werewolves, dying out for a lack of alphas - make a new one. She took me because I was nobody to no-one. My family were all dead and I was too belligerent to keep friends. She plucked me right out of work and I'm willing to bet even they didn't remember me by the next night.

I don't know if she thought she was doing the wolves a service or if she was expecting something in return, but I don't think they're happy about me. They certainly didn't exactly invite me to their lovely little village.

Not Operator fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 7, 2019