Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Seriously though it is pretty amazing to see the level at which Atlanta fans are huffing their own farts. I watched some ATL equivalent of Arsenal Fan TV after the game. If it had been done as a parody it could've been funny, but no these dudes were serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Shrapnig posted:

NYCFC's owners are worth a trillion dollars. Maybe they should build their club a stadium instead of having them play on a baseball infield like a U-12 boys team recreation tournament or the Oakland Raiders.

Maybe they should buy some good players and build a decent league instead of the U-12 level play they've had for 23 years counting.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Edward Mass posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ChrisBils/status/1105069320692998144

Well, it was fun while it lasted.

e: Actually, the games will still be on WSTR if you live in Cincinnati proper.

I wonder if FCC knew about DC’s troubles yesterday before they signed on.

ESPN+ with a VPN looks to be the answer for all involved though, aggravating as it is

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

the escape goat posted:

An Atlanta dude burning a De Boer kit while saying "this club has no identity whatsoever!"

I admit, I belly laughed

He's so incredibly not wrong that this almost feels like dadaist humor

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
did we talk about SKC signing zelalem?

i feel like he's unlikely to progress past swope park

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I was pretty unimpressed when I realized living in walking distance to the new stadium meant signing up for FloSports, with out the discount DC fans got

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

gtkor posted:

I was pretty unimpressed when I realized living in walking distance to the new stadium meant signing up for FloSports, with out the discount DC fans got

I think ESPN+ is actually cheaper even without the SG discount, plus it’s useful for all sorts of things.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I think ESPN+ is actually cheaper even without the SG discount, plus it’s useful for all sorts of things.

Yeah, but how much does a VPN cost?

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Best stadium I ever went to is Pittsburgh, which is just a set of bleachers on one side and the loving Allegheny on the other. You’re hanging out, watching a match on grass, and everyone is just lining the field around, and then a loving tugboat goes by

Never mind amazing SSS’s, give me dumb pitches built into hillsides and poo poo

I mean, it’s football right now, but to be fair I’m not sure if South Dakota has heard of soccer yet.

tk fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Mar 12, 2019

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Just get ESPN+ and don't watch your home team's away games for a year, they'll get the hint and you'll get a much, much better service with an absolute shitload of excellent content.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Edward Mass posted:

Yeah, but how much does a VPN cost?

There’s free ones out there. Opera VPN is free and lets you run through Canada.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

gtkor posted:

Do you not get the local OTA (and presumably cable). channel that is still going to be broadcasting FCC games there? Because if not then wow that's the worst own goal Cincy will score all year.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Dallan Invictus posted:

Do you not get the local OTA (and presumably cable). channel that is still going to be broadcasting FCC games there? Because if not then wow that's the worst own goal Cincy will score all year.

There is some lack of clarity about whether or not I can actually watch the games on Star 64. I stream my cable through the app the cable provider uses here (spectrum), and there are rumors that will not actually work as people had similar issues last year against LAFC since streaming rights were strictly YouTubeTV.

Its not an issue for the home games of course, but there is only one away game on national TV this year, and I will be out of town a few home matches. But if it turns out I cant stream Star64 out of the spectrum app due to FloSports, it will be pretty lame.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

trem_two posted:

Seriously though it is pretty amazing to see the level at which Atlanta fans are huffing their own farts. I watched some ATL equivalent of Arsenal Fan TV after the game. If it had been done as a parody it could've been funny, but no these dudes were serious.

Atlanta fans are batshit. One punched me in the chest when I wouldn’t high-five him after the final. Sorry bro, but I’m not gonna celebrate with you in your stadium after watching the team that I travelled across the country to see absolutely poo poo the bed.

Openly calling themselves MLS 3.0 and even putting it on their tifo (which is assisted by the FO as they’re given a budget and space to work in) is fascinating and awful to watch. They just don’t get it.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

bewbies posted:

did we talk about SKC signing zelalem?

i feel like he's unlikely to progress past swope park

I think you'll find he's the future of American soccer

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Nostradingus posted:

I think you'll find he's the future of American soccer

Any day now Freddy Adu’s going to break out. Just wait and see.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

XBenedict posted:

He's played for 14 professional teams in his 15 year career... he's 29.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Shrapnig posted:

Annnnnny day now.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

XBenedict posted:

Annnnnny day now.

In 8 countries!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The fact that Freddy Adu was born after me always makes me feel odd.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Let me tell you about 2005 and how I thought Freddy Adu was going to be the best player in the world

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Ciprian Maricon posted:

Let me tell you about 2005 and how I thought Freddy Adu was going to be the best player in the world

Let me tell you about 2005... Sorry, I was 21 and can't remember anything about it.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

XBenedict posted:

Shrapnig posted:

Much ado about nothing

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Did someone forget to tell the MLS teams that CCL is not the US Open Cup?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Oscar Wild posted:

Did someone forget to tell the MLS teams that CCL is not the US Open Cup?

I thought this was a relevant stat:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Tigren posted:

I thought this was a relevant stat:

I totally understand that, but I dont know why the MLS teams don't sit and counter more. They know they're at a fitness disadvantage right off the bat so dont even try to run with the other teams.

This is a proclick:

https://twitter.com/MLSist/status/1106547268872822784?s=19

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
A very pro-click

:psyduck:

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

:wtc:

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

This is goddamn hilarious

https://twitter.com/MLSist/status/1106550659892023297

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
the SKC CCL game last night was everything Americans make fun of soccer for

I've watched a lot of trash football and loved it but I'm not sure I've ever seen anything as satisfying as the first goal. indepdendiente was faking injuries and poo poo ten minutes in.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

please don’t doxx me

and trem_two

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

paddyboat posted:

please don’t doxx me

and trem_two

lolll

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Mannnnnn I wish I was that fly

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Would have been better if they'd used the original MLS jerseys imho

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
That is nowhere near as Zoolander as landonwaterfountain.jpg

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
N: Inter Miami is looking to play their first two seasons at Lockhart Stadium

V: lol

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

N: Inter Miami is looking to play their first two seasons at Lockhart Stadium

V: lol
The best part is that they announced their intention to play at Lockhart Stadium before the Fort Lauderdale City council has even voted on the competing proposals between Team Beckham and the USL group looking to revive the Strikers in the USL with a bunch of retail development around the stadium.

Either some people got bribed or Inter Miami is reallllllllllllllly counting the proverbial chickens before they've hatched.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Crazy Ted posted:

Either some people got bribed or Inter Miami is reallllllllllllllly counting the proverbial chickens before they've hatched.

I think that by announcing their intention they're trying to sweeten the pot for the decision in Fort Lauderdale but yeaaaaaah not sure they entirely thought this through.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Inter Miami has to be some crazy tax dodge or money laundering scheme. The only question is whether Beckham is in on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

IMPORTANT UPDATE: the San Jose Earthquakes are bad