Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Crazy Ted posted:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: the San Jose Earthquakes are bad

That's not an update

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I'd feel worse except its san Jose and their fans suck rear end.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Seltzer posted:

That's not an update
To be fair, they were ahead 1-0 at halftime.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Crazy Ted posted:

IMPORTANT UPDATE: the San Jose Earthquakes are bad

they should never have come back

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Oscar Wild posted:

I'd feel worse except its san Jose and their fans suck rear end.

IN N OUT ULTRAS

GAMERS RISE UP

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Move SJ to Sacramento

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
SLC is trying to end the game with 8 guys on the field.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/MLS/status/1107102341709398016

cool goal

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
God drat astonishing live. I feel very stupid for doubting Wayne Rooney.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/stuholden/status/1107123049248235520

what the hell

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Your Boy Fancy posted:

God drat astonishing live. I feel very stupid for doubting Wayne Rooney.

After what happened to Pirlo and Gerrard over here, I think signings of retirement circuit European players is always worth some skepticism. This is particularly true when a player looks as washed up in Europe as Rooney did. Remarkable how rejuvenated he seems, some players just take to the environment I guess.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

shirts and skins posted:

After what happened to Pirlo and Gerrard over here, I think signings of retirement circuit European players is always worth some skepticism. This is particularly true when a player looks as washed up in Europe as Rooney did. Remarkable how rejuvenated he seems, some players just take to the environment I guess.

Said in the GameDay thread but I think most old euro players who truly don't give a poo poo are skipping MLS now and going for China or Middle East. Most recent old euros of Zlatan and Rooney have been great compared to Pirlo, Gerrard, lampard a few years back.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The timbers are historically bad and I'm taking it way better that I would have expected. After watching Kansas City and LAFChivas, it's clear that Portland is a tier below in terms of talent. I'd be mad about how much money is being wasted on mediocrity, but then I remember who the owner is.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Oscar Wild posted:

The timbers are historically bad and I'm taking it way better that I would have expected. After watching Kansas City and LAFChivas, it's clear that Portland is a tier below in terms of talent. I'd be mad about how much money is being wasted on mediocrity, but then I remember who the owner is.

I feel like the timbers FO is sitting in the fire saying this is fine. They didn't have the defense last year and the offense saved them for a while. They have the same defense and the offense is aging quick (at least until Ebo figures it out). I'm starting to think this is the year before the rebuilding year.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Valeri is one of the best players MLS has seen over the last 5 years, and it is criminal how bad the Timbers FO has been about getting him additional players to help out.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Today's featured Wikipedia article is about the Sounders, which is neat.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Gross

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
What are the odds that Miami actually hits the field any time in the future?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

By the time they finally hit the field they'll probably be playing in Atlantis (because Florida will be underwater (assuming WW3 doesn't happen first))

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ZHamburglar posted:

What are the odds that Miami actually hits the field any time in the future?

I hope their team plane hits a field.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Don't you put loving words in my mouth.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Star Man posted:

Put all the words in my mouth please.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

El Jebus posted:

I feel like the timbers FO is sitting in the fire saying this is fine. They didn't have the defense last year and the offense saved them for a while. They have the same defense and the offense is aging quick (at least until Ebo figures it out). I'm starting to think this is the year before the rebuilding year.

The fact that the first three months of the season are road matches doesn’t help one bit and that’s almost definitely going to be the FO’s reasoning on why everything is terrible rather than the poor back line and myriad other issues.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Star Man posted:

Put all the words in my mouth please. .

the escape goat posted:

The fact that the first three months of the season are road matches doesn’t help one bit and that’s almost definitely going to be the FO’s reasoning on why everything is terrible rather than the poor back line and myriad other issues.

That's what I'm afraid of. Once the attack figures it out, the team will be ok for a while, but the defensive line has been atrocious for years. They need to put some serious effort into replacing the entire defense.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

DC signed a child today, hope he turns out good

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Ciprian Maricon posted:

DC signed a child today, hope he turns out good

Good for Barron

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Ft. Lauderdale city council approved of Inter using Lockhart Stadium, so crisis averted!

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Good for Barron

:respek:

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.wkrn.com/news/nashville-s-mls-stadium-to-be-largest-soccer-stadium-in-us/1866559964

quote:

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - Nashville’s new soccer stadium is designed to the biggest soccer-specific stadium in the country.
Soccer Club CEO Ian Ayre revealed some new details in a letter to fans.

The new stadium is now expected to open at the start of the 2022 season. That is two years after the club’s MLS league debut, which is set for 2020.

Ayre said, “We believe opening the 2022 season in our new stadium will be a better outcome for both our team and our fans. Moving into a new facility in the middle of the 2021 season and losing home field advantage could negatively affect our team on the field, and equally, we believe this decision avoids disruption to our ticket holders midseason.

Ayre says home games will be played at Nissan Stadium for two years until the soccer stadium is ready.

The club is also looking for a training facility site in Nashville.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I personally cannot wait to have the opportunity to forget that there's a soccer team in Tennessee.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

They must be using all public money, because no one self-financing that is going to risk their own money on something so unproven.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Nashville is an insanely lovely city and I will root against them forever. God help us if Cleveland ever gets a team.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

camoseven posted:

Nashville is an insanely lovely city and I will root against them forever. God help us if Cleveland ever gets a team.

Having 3 Ohio teams would be incredibly dumb. It's happening.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/talkingbaws/status/1107683675410436096

wasn't super hyped for the transfer but now that I see how upset they are i'm 100% onboard

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

binge crotching posted:

They must be using all public money, because no one self-financing that is going to risk their own money on something so unproven.

The primary bankroller is John Ingram, who is a billionaire. He is redeveloping the whole Fairgrounds area where the stadium is going to be. I don’t know how much he is putting up versus public funds, but it’s pretty substantial.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Azerban posted:

https://twitter.com/talkingbaws/status/1107683675410436096

wasn't super hyped for the transfer but now that I see how upset they are i'm 100% onboard

they're stomping their feet for sure

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

camoseven posted:

Your profile says you’re from Baltimore rofl

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Your profile says you’re from Baltimore rofl

Yea so I'm an expert in lovely cities, and I can assure you that yours is trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

camoseven posted:

Counterpoint, Nashville is an awesome city.