Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«137 »
Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Xenomrph posted:

playing Predator: Hunting Grounds and watching the Predator pick off people in lowest-health order and then realizing you're next is a hell of a feeling

I give the game 10/10 Predators, would Predator again A+++++++++

I heard it was bad.

Isn't it only for PS4 or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I heard it was bad.

Isn't it only for PS4 or something?

Itís on the Epic Games Store for PC, although it has cross-play with the PS4.

Epic is doing a $10-off sale for anything over $15, so I got the game for $30 and itís pretty entertaining so far. I feel that the humans at least control better with the mouse and keyboard, havenít tried the Predator yet.
I got taken out by the Predator self destruct in a recent game, but thatís probably because I stuck around to pump 4 shotgun shells into the thingís face.

Itís a little shallow, but games are 15 minutes or less and they just released DLC where you can play as Dutch, with Arnold Schwarzenegger recording new dialogue. Thereís more DLC on the way, my money is on Danny Glover as Harrigan. Theyíve also leaked that the new ďAlpha PredatorĒ action figure from NECA is making its way into the game as a Predator character skin, which is neat.

Iím having a good time with it for $30 bucks; I find myself firing it up and playing 2-3 rounds and then putting it back down, and then coming back to it several hours later. I like that the rounds go quick, it helps keep it from getting stale or feeling like a big time investment.

Also the remix of the Predator theme that plays during the main menu is pretty slick.

https://youtu.be/Bs9KRhrFwjs

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

It's a little bitty place.

...Okay, I'll just wipe it off, that's all. Just a little town.

Is Dutch paid DLC?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Owlbear Camus posted:

Is Dutch paid DLC?

He is

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Man I just can't afford the Dutch DLC. I hope I could find someone else who can't afford it, maybe we could split the cost in some way. Like if we both paid half. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

I finally got around to watching Covenant on the weekend. I was expecting it to be awful, based on what Iíd heard/read, but I thought it was okay. Not Alien/Aliens good, but maybe Alien3 good.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

It's a little bitty place.

...Okay, I'll just wipe it off, that's all. Just a little town.

The hate is way overblown and a lot of the criticism is along the cinemasins or tactical realism "well I would have" lines. Not great but certainly not as awful as the rep. If nothing else Fassbender Fassbent the poo poo out of his performance.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

Yeah I liked his Data/Lore performance

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Owlbear Camus posted:

If nothing else Fassbender Fassbent the poo poo out of his performance.

He's basically the only thing I really like about those movies. He does a great job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Prometheus & Alien: Covenant are best if you consider David the protagonist.

«137 »