Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Xenomrph posted:

I made a parody end-credits video about ‘Aliens several years ago.

https://youtu.be/20wsNqmTPxI

This is absolutely amazing.

I always thought the end credits for Predator were wildly inappropriate but this, on the other hand, is delightful in every way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AFewBricksShy posted:

I'm game, Charles S. Dutton is awesome.

:hmmyes:

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

Wild T posted:

David stands over a pod, ready to do something horrible to the occupant. Suddenly he's clobbered from behind, knocking his head off his shoulders like Ash. It's Charles S. Dutton holding a lead pipe, looking right into the camera. "I gotta reeducate this brother."

Roll credits, no further explanation, movie is 38 seconds long.

Thread over.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
You know Covenant might have been better if the crew were constantly running into the results of Davids tinkerings or evidence something was going on without really finding him, he would have been in essence the Alien hidden away helping to get them killed only to pull a switch a roo with Walter at the end to continue his devious works without anyone being the wiser. No don't let the bed bugs bite scene only a malevolent grin on his face.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Mad Hamish posted:

This is absolutely amazing.

I always thought the end credits for Predator were wildly inappropriate but this, on the other hand, is delightful in every way.

I loving love the send-off at the end of ‘Predator’ and I wish ‘Predators’ had done the same thing (especially since you barely learn the names of half of the characters).

That said,

https://youtu.be/N9YsrGHmwIg

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

I watched Alien:Resurrection last night. It hits most of the right notes, but my god is the melody loving awful.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Thought about Aliens several times today.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Something that's always been on my mind about this: was Arnold the only one they couldn't get to do a smile for the camera?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

Something that's always been on my mind about this: was Arnold the only one they couldn't get to do a smile for the camera?

You see Poncho smilin', clownskull?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Billy’s actor is laughing, but it’s the laughter of someone who’s about to start chopping off someone’s body parts.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Xenomrph posted:

I loving love the send-off at the end of ‘Predator’ and I wish ‘Predators’ had done the same thing (especially since you barely learn the names of half of the characters).

That said,

https://youtu.be/N9YsrGHmwIg

I honestly don't get the decision-making behind it. I guess it's great at showing the audience who played which character, but yeah, it's just so incongruous with the tone of the second half of the film.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Biplane posted:

Thought about Aliens several times today.

:same:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Owlbear Camus posted:

So, if you guys were going to resurrect the stillborn David^3 Covenant sequel, where would you go with it? Interested in your writers room pitches and takes.
David is revealed to have plagiarized all his work from existing giant dude designs. He arrives at the proposed colony to find it already full of Aliens for completely unrelated reasons.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Owlbear Camus posted:

So, if you guys were going to resurrect the stillborn David^3 Covenant sequel, where would you go with it? Interested in your writers room pitches and takes.
David spends the entire trip trying to recreate the film Passengers with himself as the robot bartender. At the very end of the film he goes "oh shoot I forgot about the aliens!" and discovers they all starved to death like abandoned sea monkeys.

He arrives at the proposed colony to find it already full of Aliens for completely unrelated reasons.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
David spends the entire trip cultivating the sexual tension between himself and a resurrected Walter. The mid act twist is that Walter is still dead and he's been Norman Batesing it the whole time.

He arrives at the proposed colony to find it already full of Aliens for completely unrelated reasons.

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

ruddiger posted:

Billy’s actor is laughing, but it’s the laughter of someone who’s about to start chopping off someone’s body parts.

Evidently Sonny's contract required him to have bodyguards on site for filming. To protect other people from him, as he was known to be a mean and violent drunk.

The entire behind-the-scenes for Predator is loving hilarious. Packing this many meaty macho men into one remote site in Mexico led to some incredible competitions, pranks and pratfalls. My favorite is Carl Weathers figuring out when each of his castmates were going to the gym, then showing up 20 minutes earlier and pouring water on himself so they thought he'd been up working out for a long time. He'd keep working out til they left then split, just so he could get inside their heads that the oldest dude was crushing the gym the hardest.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Wild T posted:

Evidently Sonny's contract required him to have bodyguards on site for filming. To protect other people from him, as he was known to be a mean and violent drunk.

The entire behind-the-scenes for Predator is loving hilarious. Packing this many meaty macho men into one remote site in Mexico led to some incredible competitions, pranks and pratfalls. My favorite is Carl Weathers figuring out when each of his castmates were going to the gym, then showing up 20 minutes earlier and pouring water on himself so they thought he'd been up working out for a long time. He'd keep working out til they left then split, just so he could get inside their heads that the oldest dude was crushing the gym the hardest.

That sounds amazing. Is that on youtube or anything?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Gnome de plume posted:

Have you seen him smile?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That sounds amazing. Is that on youtube or anything?

There was a behind the scenes doc on the Fox DVD that had interviews with the cast, I remember hearing that anecdote on that.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

Aliens: theCovenantening 2 opens with a shot of Elizabeth Shaw's face, eyes shut.
They open.
Aliens Covenant was just a bad dream. David brings Elizabeth more hot cocoa and then the movie spends the first half exploring the engineer's homeworld until Dr Shaw and David are taken to the engineer's version of immigration and customs. To escape custody of the engineers they manage to somehow unleash a xenomorph and in the chaos free themselves and leave the engineer homeworld as it falls to infestation and conflict, but are chased by a cadre of engineers from system to system. Just when Dr Shaw and David are cornered by engineers and about to swallow their guns they are rescued by a predator. Credits roll.

Would have been way better than a fifteen second clip of the engineers getting entirely wiped out as David loses his mind.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Promalien Covenate Harder opens with Shaw waking up. She does the usual routine of shower, brushing teeth, getting dressed and has a coffee. Holloway wakes up, and Shaw tells him about this dream she had. She also delivers a swift left hook to his jaw. As he crumples to the floor like a sack of spuds, she notices she got an email overnight. It's a job offer from Weyland Corp, about some expedition they are going to fund. She says "nah" and deletes the email. Then she looks directly at the camera with a smirk, as we end on a freeze. Cut to David, alone in a theatre, watching all this on a silver screen. He stands up and applauds. Fade to black, credits roll.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Thought about my complete set of Aliens Omnibus 1-6 and Aliens vs Predator Omnibus 1-2 today, and what they would fetch on eBay.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Man, I just thought of the perfect way to write Alien III but I'm thirty-five years too late:

Take the bones of Gibson's script but rework it so the majority of the first half is about Ripley and Hicks on a space station testifying at an emergency inquiry into Weyland-Yutani's actions, meanwhile the Weyland-Yutani reps at the hearing are simultaneously conducting the same sorts of experiments from Gibson's script except its only hinted at on screen, then partway through the inevitable happens and we get more solid mayhem.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’m 20 pages behind and I love this thread. I just time skipped to post that Aliens is finally on sale on iTunes ($4.99)

It’s Movies anywhere compatible so you can watch it on any platform.

Aliens by James Cameron https://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/aliens/id270212246

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Not the DC? That's a paddlin.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
The DC is cool, but the Theatrical version is an overall better experience.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Mutant Headcrab posted:

The DC is cool, but the Theatrical version is an overall better experience.

:wrong:

jk, we've had this conversation like 10 times. Some people like the theatrical, some like the DC. All for different reasons.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Alien Resurrection.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Alien Resurrection.
Please do not jump scare the thread

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Splicer posted:

Please do not jump scare the thread

It's a very dumb movie. Mpreg queen.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4p1mZnKkhc

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Alien Resurrection is the Batman and Robin of the franchise. It's not good in the same way that the original movie was good, but it's bizarre and creative and full of fun as hell performances from mostly good actors

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

I watched Alien and Aliens drunk for Alien day. My family went hiking or some bullshit and left me alone until like 6pm. I bought Culvers with the fat guy option (cheese curds and blue cheese dip) and watched loving Alien all by myself on my 55" TV with my Maine Coon cat. I drank vodka and several beers. It was absolutely wonderful.

I pre-ordered the Brett action figure from NECA because Parker and Brett are the real heroes. Always giving good advice and nobody listens to them. I'll probably buy Parker's figure as well when that comes out. I just love me some Harry Dean Stanton. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Last week I had some drunk dude ask about my Nostromo hat and I just said I served in the Merchant Marine and I didn't really want to talk about it. He didn't ask for bus fare like he usually does after that exchange.

Also in January my brother-in-law, who knows I love the franchise, sent us late Christmas presents. That fucker got my the goddamn blueprints book. I was so happy. Last year he bought me the Egg that was actually a cookie jar. Dude knows his Alien.

Does anybody else own the Eaglemoss Nostromo and Sulaco? I bought them both when they came out and they are great. Both have shot up in price pretty significantly. I've been waiting for a decent Nostromo model for years that was pre-painted and ready. gently caress those Halycon kits, goddamn bullshit they are. I have the Sulaco one and once I get to my parent's house I'll sell it cheap to somebody. The NECA dropship is also great, it has a little APC you can play with. Nothing better than dropping into your living room telling your cats that "We're in the pipe 5 x 5" as you chase them down.

If any of you guys are interested, there is a in-depth thread on the Replica Prop Forum about re-creating the crew's clothes from Alien. https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/alien-nostromo-uniforms.34755/

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

gently caress they're gonna make Parker and Brett.... I knew I should have grabbed Dallas and Lambert back when toys r us still existed.

I got Vasquez though and honestly that's the best one anyway

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Burning Beard posted:

I watched Alien and Aliens drunk for Alien day. My family went hiking or some bullshit and left me alone until like 6pm. I bought Culvers with the fat guy option (cheese curds and blue cheese dip) and watched loving Alien all by myself on my 55" TV with my Maine Coon cat. I drank vodka and several beers. It was absolutely wonderful.

I pre-ordered the Brett action figure from NECA because Parker and Brett are the real heroes. Always giving good advice and nobody listens to them. I'll probably buy Parker's figure as well when that comes out. I just love me some Harry Dean Stanton. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Last week I had some drunk dude ask about my Nostromo hat and I just said I served in the Merchant Marine and I didn't really want to talk about it. He didn't ask for bus fare like he usually does after that exchange.

Also in January my brother-in-law, who knows I love the franchise, sent us late Christmas presents. That fucker got my the goddamn blueprints book. I was so happy. Last year he bought me the Egg that was actually a cookie jar. Dude knows his Alien.

Does anybody else own the Eaglemoss Nostromo and Sulaco? I bought them both when they came out and they are great. Both have shot up in price pretty significantly. I've been waiting for a decent Nostromo model for years that was pre-painted and ready. gently caress those Halycon kits, goddamn bullshit they are. I have the Sulaco one and once I get to my parent's house I'll sell it cheap to somebody. The NECA dropship is also great, it has a little APC you can play with. Nothing better than dropping into your living room telling your cats that "We're in the pipe 5 x 5" as you chase them down.

If any of you guys are interested, there is a in-depth thread on the Replica Prop Forum about re-creating the crew's clothes from Alien. https://www.therpf.com/forums/threads/alien-nostromo-uniforms.34755/

I like this post.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEUrIoCHMew

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Alien, Jaws, Terminator and even Predator and Robocop only ever had 2 movies made about them.

That's how I live my life, what I will teach my 9 year old son and gently caress if I'll hear another word about it.

Speaking of my son, I'm right up on the cusp of unleashing Alien on him but am dreading the wrath of his mother in the event that it scares him to the point of insomnia and nightmares. I THINK he's ready and usually have good judgement about these things and what he can handle but it's been a minute since I've watched these movies, may be forgetting certain scenes and don't want him wetting the bed all over again or waking up terrified.

I'm dangling his ability to watch Alien concurrent with his online schooling achievements and planning on filing it under the "don't tell Mom I let you watch 'x'" category right next to Terminator 1 and 2 in the event that I let him watch it any time soon. Aside from the chest burster scene and Ash doing his milk bleeding, I can't think or too many things that might gently caress up his head but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd hate to gently caress up and lay this poo poo on him before he's ready but he likes scary poo poo.

TBH, I think he's more ready for Aliens than the original but watching them out of order feels sacrilegious and I'd hate to be a bad parent one way or the other - loving up the proper order to watch these things or loving him up in general. Parenting, man.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Probably relevant to this thread's interests

https://youtu.be/t0ue0jsQaPk

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Burning Beard posted:

A Alien marathon session with Midwest characteristics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

BiggerBoat posted:

Alien, Jaws, Terminator and even Predator and Robocop only ever had 2 movies made about them.

That's how I live my life, what I will teach my 9 year old son and gently caress if I'll hear another word about it.

Speaking of my son, I'm right up on the cusp of unleashing Alien on him but am dreading the wrath of his mother in the event that it scares him to the point of insomnia and nightmares. I THINK he's ready and usually have good judgement about these things and what he can handle but it's been a minute since I've watched these movies, may be forgetting certain scenes and don't want him wetting the bed all over again or waking up terrified.

I'm dangling his ability to watch Alien concurrent with his online schooling achievements and planning on filing it under the "don't tell Mom I let you watch 'x'" category right next to Terminator 1 and 2 in the event that I let him watch it any time soon. Aside from the chest burster scene and Ash doing his milk bleeding, I can't think or too many things that might gently caress up his head but someone correct me if I'm wrong. I'd hate to gently caress up and lay this poo poo on him before he's ready but he likes scary poo poo.

TBH, I think he's more ready for Aliens than the original but watching them out of order feels sacrilegious and I'd hate to be a bad parent one way or the other - loving up the proper order to watch these things or loving him up in general. Parenting, man.

I saw Alien at age 9 and I turned out just fine. :shepface: