Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Well yeah, she sleeps in a glass case and has an animal companion and sings and everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Cornbread

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm having a hard time finding where the actual videos are. Looks like one was released already. From the trailer they look pretty well done.

Only one's out so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hu_4PgSXbDY&t=13s

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

ElectricSheep posted:

One quick search and a total lack of surprise later, I am now aware of "Alien Queen as Disney Princess" fan art

That ain't right, she should be an Ursula or a Maleficent, it's right there in her name

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
He's a fan of wuthering heights

Or the orange cartoon cat that isn't Garfield

But in a way that he doesn't want to make it super obvious

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

There's already an answer to this though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuNaegwHnGo

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

The Zombie Guy posted:

I'm not normally drawn towards the little Funko figures that I see, but it was very difficult to put this one back down.

Funkos are the one's that are uniformly generic large-headed empty-soul big-eye lumps of plastic, this looks like its got actual detail on it

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Beet Wagon posted:

I only ever had one alien toy. It was the Flying Queen Alien and it whipped so much rear end. I wanted the others but I had a weirdly difficult time finding them.

I had that one too! Flapping wings and clawed feet that could grab things or just perch on your finger

Also had the gorilla which you filled the head with water and squeezed to spray from its mouth like acid, and squeezed the back pipe things to move its arms open and closed. The tail claw broke off at one point.

And of course the bitch herself, with realist tail whipping action and an inner jaw that shot out when you squeezed the back of her head

The minicomic that came with them was like a saturday morning cartoon that never got made.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Jay_Zombie posted:

Maybe they're like, pre-hostoric sized giant mantises from some other planet.

Do we ever learn what an Arcturan looks like?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I thought Avp requiem was a better movie version of resident evil 2/3 than the actual resident evil movies

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Something that's always been on my mind about this: was Arnold the only one they couldn't get to do a smile for the camera?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Wowshawk posted:

A goddamn sexual tyrannosaur

I only just now got the "sore rear end" joke poncho makes right after

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Sjs00 posted:

The Avatar videogame was dope as hell

This where I learned there is an alien plant called the Baja Tickler

One other thing I remember of the film is that afterwards lots of people became depressed that they would never get to go to Pandora

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
If you believe someone might not be thinking about Aliens just tell them not to think about Aliens and then they won't be able to think about anything but Aliens

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Might be the outdated concept that large corporations are competent enough to colonize other worlds

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The line about rescuing colonists daughters from their virginity? Asking Vasquez if she's ever been mistaken for man? CRT monitors? IDK guys there's a pile of straws just out reach and I'm stretching my arm as far as it'll go

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Aliems.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
The glazing is some kind of secreted resin.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

So Hicks is still undeniably dead :smith:

Well if the choice was between being dead and being in Colonial Marines...

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Also look along the bottom directly in the middle; there's an alien drone in a completely different art style that's being obscured by the photoshopped/traced aliens. What the gently caress is going on with this?

Salvador Larroca is what's going on

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

etalian posted:

It's just the Advanced Police AI kicking in...

Just when the NYPD shoots a random immigrant in NYC 300 times...

For comparison in Germany for their Police Department I think there were a 165 bullets fired in a entire year.

Honestly the least plausible part of that scene is that it was a white guy

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Folks on DeviantArt seem to think about Aliens too!
I really wish they wouldn't!

The life cycle for this confuses me

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Sunswipe posted:

Someone edit it into Loss.jpg.

idk

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I always assumed First Contact was someone wanting to do TNG vs Aliens. Overrunning the ship, the interior gradually being turned into something unfamiliar, hell they even have a queen.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
His hopes and dreams take a bit of a hit though.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
a gamedev that's been thinking about aliens

https://twitter.com/DoomCube/status/1489352248689926152?t=5_TaSIWM5opgXUtPbGgNKA&s=19

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
A good day to be thinking about Aliens

Almost a good page too if you rearrange the numbers.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

MrMojok posted:

Posting this tweet only because of the poster on the left, which I have never seen before. It’s pretty cool.

https://twitter.com/acroce66/status/1535680230790152192?s=21&t=r4tFuUxCCQr7e4Z4oGDnWQ

This gives the impression of the cat stalking an unsuspecting xeno

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
the traditional family unit: a disgraced space trucker, a comatose marine, an orphaned child and their bisected android

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
That's some good solid thinking about Aliens there

edogawa rando posted:

I've wondered what that final fight scene from Predator would've been like if it involved prime-Arnie up against JCVD in an appropriately-sized Predator costume. I bet it would've been pretty neat.

I'm imagining the predator is doing a lot of split kicks.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Joe Chill posted:

Neat, that was easily the best part of the novel.

But this movie isn't about Dracula rushing around trying to fool Johnathan into thinking he has a full set of castle staff while he's staying there

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
there's a series of logs written over the course of the voyage followed by a newspaper article of the ship's arrival

there's also a mailing list called Dracula Daily that sends out each journal entry on a daily basis that runs each year

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Biplane posted:

You couldnt put the Halo 3 collectors edition Master Chief helmet on anything, big or small, because it wasn't even a real helmet, it was just a hosed case for the game and was iirc just one big chunk of plastic. God drat I was pissed.

You could maybe put it on a cat though https://www.polygon.com/22801118/halo-3-legendary-edition-cat-helmet-too-small-spartan

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A quick review from the Games thread:

should be "you want to live forever?"

tsk.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Come to think of it, why didn't they have at least like one guy stay behind to look after the ship? Don't ships usually have a crew?

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
don't forget Judge Dredd, which treats every crossover as canon

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

The Last Call posted:

For those who play Dead by Daylight and love Aliens, you got something nice to enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3XKx4KKCXU&t=1s

You know the Entity is seeing Jonesy and telling the stalker "Nah, leave that fucker alone, not worth the trouble."

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
You have to admire its purrity

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

MrMojok posted:

Yeah, it's an Instagram link. Click it anyway (it's OwlKitty)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHBzzevp_SG/?hl=en

bonus for including Spaceballs footage (pretty sure I saw that before I saw Alien)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Thinking About Aliens real hard