Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
I'm rewatching the trilogy and today I found out the wife hasn't seen Aliens yet.

I popped that badboy in the dvd player and went with the director's cut. She found it better than Alien but was exhausted after it ended. I call it the Ebert-effect. You kind of forget how the tension stacks up and doesn't end till they get in the cryo-tubes.

Our re-viewing of The Thing went the same way, loved it, and it's cool to see the reaction of someone who hasn't rented those tapes a 100 times in their teens :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
Just call me John. Marachuk, John J. I've got a hankerin' for some space crab

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
I imagine it has a strong, wasabi like taste before it dissolves your mouth.

It's the stew that eats you!

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
RIP Little Richard

https://youtu.be/eFFgbc5Vcbw

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
A goddamn sexual tyrannosaur

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
So with that steam sale going on, is colonial marines worth it?

I'd buy it just to hear Biehn do Hicks again, it's only 6 bucks

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

:siren:DO NOT GIVE RANDY PITCHFORD MONEY:siren:

Yikes!

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
I'll just get the 2010 AvP one then. I don't really want to give royalties to a scammer. Or tinker with the thing to get it playable.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

Xenomrph posted:

Do you have AvPClassic?

Had it for years, now and again I replay it for a bit. I played that alien demo a hundred times when it came out

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
It's pretty interesting that Hicks actually decides to waste him before the power cuts out. He even has a one liner ready when the attack starts.

Seems a bit out of character, I expected Burke would be tied up or something.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

Wild T posted:

"Alright, we waste him. No offense."

It's great because it gives Hicks a chance to spout one of his best one-liners but cuts him off before he can do more than snatch him up by his collar. It gives deniability that he would have executed him - maybe one of the other characters would talk him down, or he was just screwing with his head. It keeps the character of Hicks edgy and cool without outright making him murder someone in cold blood.

I should rewatch that scene (I should rewatch aliens anyway) I believe Ripley tries to stop him and talks about bringing him back for justice.

That is a nicely set up one liner in any case.

Edit; there's an AVP board game by prodoss games, has anyone played that? It's oop at the moment, but I may be able to buy it second hand.

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer
GF9 stuff seems nice, and is dedicated aliens. I might buy those dolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wowshawk
Dec 22, 2007
bought with beer
Grimey Drawer

Wild T posted:

All Matthews' laugh is impossible not to like. Also the way he rolls his cigar from one side to the other and says "be my guest!"

Al was a Vietnam vet and evidently threatened one cast member that if they ever pointed their rifle at him again he'd make them eat it.

Al Matthews is a badass and I hate that I haven't seen him in other stuff.

In the the superior firepower docu he actively takes charge when a set takes fire and orders the dumbass actors around. I've been thinking too much about aliens lately, def have to fire it up again and watch that docu again.

In the good old days of vhs it was my go to action flick to rent in stead of the typical van damme stuff. The clerk would invariably roll his eyes when I took it out to show friends. I actually appreciate alien more now, but that's only because I don't know it 70% by heart like aliens.