Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
If Alien had been the only movie released. It would have been hardly remembered just as a great old niche horror movie.

Aliens is what brought the xenomorph and space marines into the collective consciousness. Thank James Cameron and the huge box office numbers he always brings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
That just means you'll have to play it yourself now. :)

On Alien Isolation: The working Joes were more scary than the alien I can't be the only person who thinks the same?

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

What the hell is this? Seriously, are you trolling? Alien had nearly identical box office gross to Aliens and was a pop culture phenomenon that had already made Sigourney Weaver, the xenomorph, and Ridley Scott world-famous and inspired countless imitators and references by the time Aliens was released.

You can credit Aliens with broadening the IP's impact even further by popularizing the whole 'space marines' concept, being a breakthrough as a feminist action film, and helping to make James Cameron a Hollywood power player, but it's undeniably the second time lightning struck the franchise, not the first and only.

Seriously, please don't make sweeping statements of historical fact if you don't know what you're talking about.

Most of us weren’t even born when Alien came out.
The world would be different if Aliens was never made there’s a fact for you.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

happyhippy posted:

'It was too strong'. Here's his review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1y6QhZaUG4

Man, I know the US loves these two, but holy poo poo they are pompous as gently caress.
Never really watched a full review with these two before.

This makes me feel old. I used watch em back in the day. If they both agreed on a movie chances are it would be good. These were the days before the internet so that show was useful just to get a general idea about what movies were out.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
If I could pick anything out of xeno's collection it would probably be the alien in the tank with water or the engineer.
As good as your collection is you're missing something:

16 ft tall queen