Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Pretty sure the dropship pilot in Starcraft has tons of lines takem directly from Aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I loving love the chunky computers that make computer noises.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

One thing I like about Alien, The Shining, and The Thing is that all of the actors can pass as regular schmucks, everyone's kinda grimy or plain looking. I feel like modern flicks have to milk the big name stars as hard as possible to sell tickets so everyone looks like a model pretending to be a scientist.

Like compare Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor to Khaleesi. You need people who are believably normal.

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 10, 2019

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Alien 3's production was such a wonderful clusterfuck, it's amazing it turned out kinda comprehensible. Like they were faxed script changes from LA while filming in the UK and at one point there was supposed to be a wooden planet or something?

David Fincher was just handed a bunch of footage after other directors were sacked and the studio basically said "make it work, good luck."

Elderbean fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 14, 2019

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Thinkin bout thos aliens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I loved that Dredd didnt force a dumb romance between the two leads. They just kick rear end together.