Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

mind the walrus posted:

I first saw Aliens when I was 7.

How'd your life turn out cause I watched Alien and Aliens with my 6 and 7 year old a few months ago and I'm just trying to figure out what has the most weight when figuring out future therapy costs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

BiggerBoat posted:

Speaking of my son, I'm right up on the cusp of unleashing Alien on him but am dreading the wrath of his mother in the event that it scares him to the point of insomnia and nightmares.

My 6 and 7 year old daughters watched Alien and Aliens with me. Chest bursting scene was definitely peak terror and mom was displeased. Milky boy was more funny after the initial violent part. No other short term damage, long term TBD. Aliens was fine, they got more spooked the more Newt was in danger but not anywhere near chest burster.

I am going to watch the rest of the franchise with them but I feel like Alien 3 is just a little prison rapey for them right now but I may be wrong because it has been forever since I have seen it. I unironically love Prometheus/Covenant and I want to get them through all of the movies, even Resurrection. In order is how I'm living my life.

They have also seen Predator and both Terminators which were mostly too boring for them.

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

I generally don’t condone infanticide but I think you might need to get better kids. :colbert:

It takes a long time for Terminator to get to the murder robots part, but once that kicks in they are good to go okay?

purple death ray posted:

No man do not show your 6 and 7 year old daughters Alien 3.

Immediately after the movie they asked to verify "Newt made it out, right" and I had to be all "yep and they lived happily ever after, definitely".