Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Aliens is easily the best film of all time. Glad to see an aliens thread in ol gibbis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Hasselblad posted:

Alien was better than Aliens.

:eyepop:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

RossMan4Life posted:

Totally gotta concede on Fishburne. I thought his character was done wrong. Cool concept, but even eating mutant bone boars bacon isn't getting him that big. His 'companion' was a dumb idea that needed to be in a different movie or given way more time to make it not completely a bad idea.

Should’ve been Danny Glover or Arnold in that role imo

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Biplane posted:

I;m thinkin about thos Aliens

Hell, same

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
The human alien hybrid got a raw deal in Resurrection. Dude didn’t ask to be born, and was dealt a bad hand.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord
Doesn’t Disney own aliens now? So perhaps they can retcon 3 at some point in the near future? A man can dream.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Xenomrph posted:

Today is my birthday and while I'm not thrilled with that for reasons unrelated to Aliens or this thread, expect photos of some of my random Aliens (and maybe Predator) merchandise posted later today.

Merry bday, dude!

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

frogge posted:

Have we talked about the upcoming Alien prequel with Scott at the helm again? Any speculation as to what it's going to be about? Like I'm kinda prequeled out, but I'm also not going to pass on more stories in the alien universe.

Thought it was cancelled, and googled it, and sad to see it might go forward. :smith:

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It's a pretty loving dumb series if you think about it, oh no space vaginas killing future poor rear end in a top hat schmucks, what a tragedy.

2edgy4me

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Aliens is still a good movie and I might watch it again for the 10th time this year, at least.

It’s true, it’s a good movie.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Jay_Zombie posted:

"We're on an express elevator to hell. Goin' down!"

This movie just has So. Many. Good. Lines.

Whenever I fly and it’s a rough landing I always think of that line.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Class Warcraft posted:

That single negative review was from gene siskel.

100% of critics who didn’t like Aliens died of brain cancer. makes you think...

What was his issue with aliens? Just being contrarian, perhaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

Buglord

Wild T posted:

I think it's why it should be talked about more, Commando is the best.

Not to mention the amazing one-liners. The entire Sully scene has Arnold speaking entirely in awesome one-liners.

"Loyalty is very touching. But it's not the most important thing in your life right now. What IS important is gravity."
"I have to remind you Sully, this is my weak arm."
"Remember when I promised to kill you last? I lied."
"I had to let him go."

Commando is just balls-to-the-wall in every way and I adore it.

I was 5 or 6 when I first watched it and I still remember my first viewing. A good movie.