Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I;m thinkin about thos Aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I've told this Isolation story before on these dead gay forums, but when I first played it on PS4 my 2 year old son had managed to climb out of his bed and into the living room where I wa ssitting with my headset on, in the dark. He's like "DADDYYYY DADDY DADAY DADDY", the microphone on the headset transmits this into the game and the alien rips open the closet I'm hiding in and brutally murders me. 10/10 game.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

There are a few moments where stuff like this can happen, but I think I know which area you mean. First time playing I didn't even get to throw a Noisemaker, because the bastards saw me first and just opened fire immediately, so I had to scurry off and hide in an air vent. Then the Alien appeared, cleaned up in moments, and I stayed in the vent like a scared little baby while it stomped around jumping in and out of the ducts, until I was sure it wasn't coming back.

It came back as I made a run for the elevator. I'm not ashamed to admit I screamed "gently caress!" several times on seeing the Alien start rushing at me as the door took a small eternity closing :downs:

Speaking of intense poo poo-your-pants moments, I've had this for years and now seems like the appropriate time to share it:

Looks funny now but I was about to bite my own tongue off at the time.

Edit:
Found this one too. I like playing with fire :downs:

No game has made as scared as I was playing this game.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Aliens? absolutely love it

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Aliens? Hell, Lumbergh hosed her

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

We'll always have LV-426

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oh, I watched The Predator last night. Wow, that was pretty bad. Now I was really intoxicated and depending on the type of intoxication, I've learned that has an impact on the movie I watch. Usually, getting drunk, depending on HOW drunk, can really help me to follow terrible editing. I don't want to admit this but I liked Suicide Squad. Had I seen it sober, maybe not so much.

But The Predator was not good. I think Resurrection was better (in terms of the Alien/Predator universe) and I really don't like that movie. There very few redeeming parts of The Predator. I always seem to watch movies more than once so maybe I'll understand more the second time around. But so far, drat. Not good.

I loved it. Dunno why but I did

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Glenn Quebec posted:

Nah, just make aliens claustrophobic and more mysterious and we'd be fine. Make the characters competent and serious. Make them overwhelmed despite technology and sound decision making. Take your time and film it like a neo-noir like a Craig Zahler film, let the characters breath in each scene and have the dread palpable. Make the violence spectacular, something special, an outre with huge shock value to slap the audience awake.

Don’t stop

Please

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Splicer posted:

Oh I know, and I've never have a game give me the same level of "Oh thank you Jesus" as seeing that first glorious pea shooter just sitting there waiting for me to pick it up. Followed by several minutes of nervously crawling around waiting for the other shoe to drop. By contrast in Alien Isolation I saw the dropped gun, inched forward, spent at least 10 minutes mashing various buttons trying to pick it up, assumed it had bugged out, reloaded, tried again, and finally checked a walkthrough and got so mad I quit the game and didn't come back to it for a week.

No matter how good the rest of the game is that is one bit where Alien Isolation just hosed up the mood big time.

Hate to say it chief but I think that one's on you

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

frogge posted:

I'm playing isolation because of this thread and yeah, when I got to the part where you see a gun on the ground but can't pick it up for no discernable reason, it completely took me out of the game too, because were I for reals in that situation you bet your asses I'd strap up the first chance I got. I thought it was a bug until I read it here, too.

Please stop.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

take a hike, Burke

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

GEORGE: I was in the cocoon! I was in the cocoon!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

i have had it with these motherfucking xenomorphs on this motherfucking UD-4L Cheyenne Dropship

Biplane fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jun 8, 2019

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I hate you for making me think about Pawn Stars.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

Yeah, I got Daniel Kash (Spunkmeyer from ‘Aliens’) and Ian Whyte (the Predators in the AvP movies, and the Engineer in ‘Prometheus’) and would have had Jeanette Goldstein (Vasquez) and Cynthia Scott (Dietrich) were it not for technical difficulties.

I also got Steve Perry (co-author of the first 3 Aliens novels and the first AvP novel).

drat I remember that LP. So good.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ghostnuke posted:

WY didn't know until after Ripley told them? That seems unlikely... Didn't someone just post recently that the droid on the Nostromo was there specifically to facilitate getting a specimen?

Even if they didn't know, why aren't they sending in drop ships to LV-426 during/after the events of A3?

Remember, this is a corporation; they can do nothing right.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

turn on youre movie theater

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I unironically really enjoyed that movie.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

paid money to post posted:

wild boar alien or bust :colbert:

You can see cops any day and they probably have a higher bodycount than the xenomorphs

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Just like real life

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

The working joes were scary in a «holy poo poo these hosed up androids are everywhere!» way while the alien is more «holy poo poo where is it where did it go» scary

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Torquemada posted:

Hick’s “How long ‘til it blows?” is a masterpiece of resignation.

Lol drat I could hear that perfectly in my head still

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Gonna drop some acid and watch Aliens later tonight :catdrugs:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I watched aliens directors cut (best one gently caress all the haters) on acid and it was great. Highly recommend

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Trippin balls on that concentrated royal jelly :catdrugs:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Oooo that sounds fun.

I tried to do acid once in a microdose solution (I took it all) and it didn't work. Looked it up and antidepressants can counter it. :saddowns:

man, that sucks. Acid is for The People and everyone should do it.

also lolling hard at the directors cut ruining the pacing :qq: with the hadleys hope scenes, its like 5 minutes at the start of the film

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

ID argue its not «foreshadowing» as much as its just world building. This is the first we see of the civilian colonist side of things, and its established that the Company sucks and everyone knows it. It’s a good and cool scene.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Vagabundo posted:

Yeah, an ideal cut would retain the stuff cut from after the Marines are introduced. The "life on the outpost" stuff, while fine in a vacuum, seems superfluous and Ripley's daughter, I won't miss too much if it were excised.

Youre dead to me

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Well I say you're wrong, and bad. An equally valid take.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Aliens still good. Hey Xenomprh maybe you've been asked this already but is your old avp2 lp still up somewhere? That was the first time i watched another man play games online

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Link it please!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Thank you!

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Please do not turn this most blessed of threads cursed

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jay_Zombie posted:

They mostly cum at night. Mostly.

Lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Did anyone say assholes and elbows yet

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Jay_Zombie posted:

Top of the page my good sir.

gently caress

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

he's strunk

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Ghostnuke posted:

Just watched Resurrection for the first time, it was off the charts fuckin' stupid. Not sure what I was expecting after seeing 3, but goddamn.

I'm just going to pretend everything after Aliens didn't happen. Ripley and Hicks and Newt went off to do something actually interesting, the end.

People keep saying we strayed into hell dimension after 2016 but really the timelines diverged after Alien 3 was greenlit.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Thought about Aliens just now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Xenomrph posted:

What did you think?

It's good.