Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

dino. posted:

What impressed me about the Italian food rabbit hole I went down on yesterday is that the typical dishes really don't involve very much in the way of ingredients. A little wine here, a bit of olive oil there. Hit it with time, and that's it. And the thing is? People rave about Italian food when they have it. It also means you don't have a lot of space to hide. Either you're getting good quality ingredients, or your food will taste awful.

How'd it come out? I'm guessing it's total comfort food?

It is impressive.

I make this recipe as my sauce base most of the time now. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1015375-tomato-sauce-with-onion-and-butter

I just use some canned San Marzanos and if I want to I dress it up with garlic and herbs or some hard cheese or cream etc and just kinda go out from there. It's amazing how good it is just as described in the recipe though. I would suggest if you have it to just run the recipe through a pressure cooker for 20 mins, discard the onion and then hit with a stick blender. Might need a pinch of sugar to offset the acidity if you find it potent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU