Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Good Omens on Prime is interesting and fun for most of its run, the finale is kind of the worst episode but it still glides to the finish alright. Like a bonus season of Dr. Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

married but discreet posted:

Ok also watched the 2011 Conan now, it's a solid fantasy flick for 2/3 of the movie but the ending is just dreadfully boring. Rose McGowan as Freddy Krueger is a sight to behold though, and stealing the show from Stephen Lang is quite a feat. Definitely the highlight of the movie.

The 2011 Conan movie I somehow missed. I watched the originals a ton as a kid, and I remember hearing there was a new movie coming, but somehow missed on hearing it got a release and thought it got lost in development hell.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
You only need to watch 2011 Conan up to the part where he frees a bunch of topless slave women and they run up to him and thank him. Everything after that takes itself too seriously.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Letterkenny is Trailer Park Boys but classier, 3rd ep is titled Fartbook. Its cast is dynamite

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

RestingB1tchFace posted:

So far....watching 80's-90's-00's B-movies for the past week and a half or so....two have been legit.

Nemesis and Split Second. Recommend more.

Assuming you have Prime

Dragonslayer, Beastmaster, The Final Countdown, Chopping Mall

Silky Slim
Jul 12, 2006
Makes a run for the gun circle....

RestingB1tchFace posted:

So far....watching 80's-90's-00's B-movies for the past week and a half or so....two have been legit.

Not sure if you've seen them yet but Cybertracker 1 & 2 are on Prime. Don 'The Dragon' Wilson's Terminator knockoffs. Cybertracker 2 in particular is a pretty non-stop action movie and any time you see someone driving a car there's a pretty non-zero chance that it'll fly into the air and explode while barrel rolling.

edit: I've seen a TON of trash on Prime over the years. It's such an incredible resource for zero-budget trash. A recent-ish one that I 'enjoyed' was Apocalypse Female Warriors which is no longer on Prime but worth tracking down somehow. The trailer for it whips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9eRWwEUprk

Silky Slim fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 25, 2020

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Silky Slim posted:

Not sure if you've seen them yet but Cybertracker 1 & 2 are on Prime. Don 'The Dragon' Wilson's Terminator knockoffs. Cybertracker 2 in particular is a pretty non-stop action movie and any time you see someone driving a car there's a pretty non-zero chance that it'll fly into the air and explode while barrel rolling.

edit: I've seen a TON of trash on Prime over the years. It's such an incredible resource for zero-budget trash. A recent-ish one that I 'enjoyed' was Apocalypse Female Warriors which is no longer on Prime but worth tracking down somehow. The trailer for it whips https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9eRWwEUprk

Apocalypse Female Warriors was directed by Len Kabasinski, who some folks might know from Red Letter Media. If you enjoyed Apocalypse Female Warriors, Prime also has Kabasinski's Fist of the Vampire and Curse of the Wolf. I think you'll enjoy them both.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sarchasm posted:

Apocalypse Female Warriors was directed by Len Kabasinski, who some folks might know from Red Letter Media. If you enjoyed Apocalypse Female Warriors, Prime also has Kabasinski's Fist of the Vampire and Curse of the Wolf. I think you'll enjoy them both.

When are Blade of The Mummy and Shadow of The Frankenstein coming out, assuming they are not movies I just made up?

Edit:
Assassination of The Dracula by Coward The Van Helsing

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 13:26 on May 25, 2020

martinlutherbling
Mar 27, 2010
I watched Den of Thieves last night, it was long but pretty entertaining. The writing is so-so, the acting is fine. It’s pretty much Heat for dumb guys.

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Eve of Destruction (1991) is on Prime. It's about a female killer robot that has to be stopped before it's nuclear core melts down in the middle of New York City.

I think it's worth watching for the weird casting choice of Gregory Hines as tough guy protagonist Colonel Jim McQuade, an impressively generic 90's action movie name.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxDF0Nx-3oY

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Junkie Disease posted:

Letterkenny is Trailer Park Boys but classier, 3rd ep is titled Fartbook. Its cast is dynamite

That's probably my least favorite episode and it's still funny. That show is solid all around

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Field Mousepad posted:

That's probably my least favorite episode and it's still funny. That show is solid all around

It's such a bro show. You and yer pals are...

But I love it. It reminds me of farm towns and relatives who keep on

This is as much tolerance as they can display, just a wink and a nod

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Assuming you have Prime

Dragonslayer, Beastmaster, The Final Countdown, Chopping Mall

Chopping Mall is on my queue and I've watched The Final Countdown, which was solid.

Thanks for the recs everyone. Yeah...Prime is a treasure trove of b-movies.

RestingB1tchFace fucked around with this message at 16:04 on May 25, 2020

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Chopping Mall is on my queue and I've watched The Final Countdown, which was solid.

Thanks for the recs everyone. Yeah...Prime is a treasure trove of b-movies.

I suggest getting tubi (its free) and watching Night of the Comet as well.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
I don’t think I’ve watch Night of the Comet since the 80’s. I loved it then, and I wonder if it holds up. Going to have to find out.

Edit: In last year or so I have rewatched River’s Edge and Better Off Dead both great movies from the 80’s. Both of them are still great.

nate fisher fucked around with this message at 17:21 on May 25, 2020

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

nate fisher posted:

I don’t think I’ve watch Night of the Comet since the 80’s. I loved it then, and I wonder if it holds up. Going to have to find out.

Edit: In last year or so I have rewatched River’s Edge and Better Off Dead both great movies from the 80’s. Both of them are still great.

Night of the Comet rules, and it totally holds up IMO.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

It's such a bro show. You and yer pals are...

But I love it. It reminds me of farm towns and relatives who keep on

This is as much tolerance as they can display, just a wink and a nod

Plus, Bonnie McMurray

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
drat I got Night of the Comet mixed up with Night of the Twisters.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Medullah posted:

Plus, Bonnie McMurray

And every hot girl in Canada apparently

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Field Mousepad posted:

And every hot girl in Canada apparently

Hey, that's accurate

We're not so hot in the pacific northwest region of America anyways

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

martinlutherbling posted:

I watched Den of Thieves last night, it was long but pretty entertaining. The writing is so-so, the acting is fine. It’s pretty much Heat for dumb guys.

The final shootout is the worst police work I've ever seen put to film.

bort
Mar 13, 2003

precision posted:

While One Missed Call is nominally a horror film, it's actually a dark satire of horror and is very good
if you happen to read this post, be sure you get the whole "Takahashi Miike" context. Don't see the 2008 one, it's terrible.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I am two episodes into Normal People on Hulu and while it’s fine I have issues with the premise. Like the girl is extremely attractive but I’m supposed to believe the dude, who is very goofy looking, would be sooo embarrassed being seen with her that they need to keep their relationship secret from the people at school???

Tainen fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 26, 2020

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

I haven't seen the show, but I read somewhere that the female lead is an outcast and the male lead is a popular jock or something? Do you find it unbelievable that someone (you find) attractive could also be on a low rung of the social ladder?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Did anyone else enjoy Dispatches From Elsewhere?

I was spoiled on it midway through to know it's based on a documentary of a long form joke but c'mon Andre and Sally Fields and this troubled trans woman and uh this other guy, dopey face Joe?

That spoilage kind of ruined my immersion

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

anatomi posted:

I haven't seen the show, but I read somewhere that the female lead is an outcast and the male lead is a popular jock or something? Do you find it unbelievable that someone (you find) attractive could also be on a low rung of the social ladder?

In highschool? Yes.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
:siren: Come To Daddy got added to Prime :siren:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ooh thanks I've been wanting to watch that.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Tainen posted:

I am two episodes into Normal People on Hulu and while it’s fine I have issues with the premise. Like the girl is extremely attractive but I’m supposed to believe the dude, who is very goofy looking, would be sooo embarrassed being seen with her that they need to keep their relationship secret from the people at school???

I’m like 2/3s through now and it’s pretty clear the dude is just a giant rear end in a top hat that seems to have commitment issues. The show is pretty much him coming in and out of Marianne’s life and loving it up each time but because she has codependency issues she keeps letting him.. It’s pretty hard to watch so if you want to feel bad I recommend watching Normal People now streaming on Hulu!

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender

Ok I watched it :catstare:

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Did anyone else enjoy Dispatches From Elsewhere?

It was so weird I can't say if I liked it but I guess so since I finished it. It was a couple episodes too long but yeah, I think it was okay.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

I'm glad I watched this without ever having heard of it before, wow.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I was checking in on the A24 auction results and someone spent $110,750 on the mermaid figure from The Lighthouse

The actual light from The Lighthouse sadly went unsold

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Deadite posted:

I was checking in on the A24 auction results and someone spent $110,750 on the mermaid figure from The Lighthouse

The actual light from The Lighthouse sadly went unsold

Holy poo poo. That is at least 10 times what I'd have expected.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Someone saw the movie and wanted to gently caress that mermaid figurine so bad they spent their life savings on it. Way to miss the subtext!!

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

feedmyleg posted:

Someone saw the movie and wanted to gently caress that mermaid figurine so bad they spent their life savings on it. Way to miss the subtext!!

https://twitter.com/OhThatNK/status/1221552125076836352?s=20

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

mem posted:

Conan the Barbarian (1982) was an operatic filled with themes of Nietszchean existentialism and powerful symbolism (Thulsa beheading his mother, cutting his chains with the sword he finds in the tomb, the crucifixion, breaking his father's sword, etc...). Basil Poledouris composed an amazing soundtrack, the movie would work without any dialogue at all.

The remake is 3d cgi spectacle with nothing to say. I like it fine for what it is, but it's completely soulless compared to the original. Conan the Destroyer was pretty bad too, and I kind of like it as well.

John Milius is a wonderful madman

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

mem posted:

Conan the Barbarian (1982) was an operatic filled with themes of Nietszchean existentialism and powerful symbolism (Thulsa beheading his mother, cutting his chains with the sword he finds in the tomb, the crucifixion, breaking his father's sword, etc...). Basil Poledouris composed an amazing soundtrack, the movie would work without any dialogue at all.

The remake is 3d cgi spectacle with nothing to say. I like it fine for what it is, but it's completely soulless compared to the original. Conan the Destroyer was pretty bad too, and I kind of like it as well.

This is true, but it is also true that og conan is very much "conan vs the hippies"

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

I signed into Twitter just to retweet this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is there a particular time when HBO Max gets turned on tomorrow?

edit:

Well this is interesting and semi-related. Apple TV just bought the streaming rights to Fraggle Rock and has ordered a full season reboot.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 27, 2020