Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Class Warcraft posted:

I watched the movie Prospect on hulu. It's about a low budget sci-fi movie about a father-daughter team that land on a dangerous gold-rush world to try and make it rich. It's got a really cool atmosphere and uses a clunky 70's tech aesthetic similar to what you'd see in Alien. Anyway, it's pretty gritty and really more of a space western than a sci-fi movie. Also it has Pedro Pascal in it. Would recommend.

Yup its awesome. Killer soundtrack as well. I always recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Wheres like, all the other Irishmen?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Junkie Disease posted:

Ireland 🇮🇪

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Marriage Story is on Netflix now, which I recommend. It's the kind of movie that will affect people in different ways based on your own life experiences. I'm a divorced man so it was pretty heartbreaking, but children of divorce will feel other things.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
We need the mafia to kill bankers and CEOs.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

pahuyuth posted:

This is a good recommend. thanks!

Gonna watch Aniara next

I played a bunch of No Man's Sky for the first time last night and then put Prospect on and it was a nice blend.

Junkie Disease posted:

JFK is the titular Irishman

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

JFK and All the Presidents Men seem like natural companions to The Irishman, if you're looking to stay up 38 hours watching three movies.

Maybe a different Nixon movie, what's the one where you find out the whole thing was just two ditzy interns

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

JFK is the titular Irishman

He sure was, etc

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Inspector Hound posted:

Maybe a different Nixon movie, what's the one where you find out the whole thing was just two ditzy interns

Dick. Dan Hedaya steals the show as Nixon.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone watched the Nightengale on Hulu? It’s the new film from Jennifer Kent (the babadook ) it’s real good but also a pretty brutal watch.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Timby posted:

Dick. Dan Hedaya steals the show as Nixon.

Haha yeah I remember now. You suck, Dick!

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

veni veni veni posted:

Anyone watched the Nightengale on Hulu? It’s the new film from Jennifer Kent (the babadook ) it’s real good but also a pretty brutal watch.

It definitely tuned into my dislike of Sam Clafin. He's up there with Jason Isaacs in The Patriot and the dude from Plunkett & Macleane as one of the most loathsome oval office villians, only this time it's in a serious movie.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Disposable Scud posted:

It definitely tuned into my dislike of Sam Clafin. He's up there with Jason Isaacs in The Patriot and the dude from Plunkett & Macleane as one of the most loathsome oval office villians, only this time it's in a serious movie.

His level of villainy was my only gripe with the movie. he is so loving evil it borders on cartoonish. He plays a loathsome piece of poo poo well though.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

veni veni veni posted:

His level of villainy was my only gripe with the movie. he is so loving evil it borders on cartoonish. He plays a loathsome piece of poo poo well though.

He was so utterly detestable I had to wonder how nobody fragged his rear end. Everyone who served under this twat had to be planning his death at some point.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
Holy poo poo, Aniara was loving astounding. Wall-E meets High Life. Thanks all for the recommendation!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Klaus was very cute and good and while its plot was very predictable I still enjoyed it the entire time. It's great seeing gorgeous hand-drawn animation in an era where all animated movies are CGI.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

So, I love The Toys That Made Us on Netflix. But am I the only one that didn't know that there's a The Movies That Made Us on Netflix?

Dirty Dancing, Die Hard, Ghostbusters, and Home Alone. See you guys in 4 hours!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

10 Beers posted:

So, I love The Toys That Made Us on Netflix. But am I the only one that didn't know that there's a The Movies That Made Us on Netflix?

it just came out last week so it's not like it was flying under your radar or anything.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Season 3 will be "The Netflix Originals That Made Us."

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Funko POPs That Made Us

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
6 Underground is the most Michael Bay-est movie ever. It is so stupid and explodey.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

God I can’t find poo poo on Netflix worth watching. Apparently it doesn’t have the original trilogy so it spoiled my stupid plans to catch up before the 20th, and it doesn’t have Cabin in the Woods either. Groan.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Finding good stuff to watch on Netflix seems to get harder every month.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

10 Beers posted:

While I enjoyed it, it wasn't as good as The Toys that Made Us.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

veni veni veni posted:

Streaming is only going to get worse.

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Visiting parents for Christmas, set up Amazon Prime for them, they have entriely different movie selection overseas. Hell yeah

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

veni veni veni posted:

6 Underground is right there!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

veni veni veni posted:

Looks like someone hasn't noticed that they have ALL the Austin Powers movies. Yeah baby!

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
6 Underground is a very Michael Bay movie and I mean that both in a positive and negative sense.

The opening car chase is so gratuitous and extreme. Normally bystanders dont cop it like that but people getting hosed up all over. Cars don't just crash, they are ripped apart and the occupants go flying. On multiple occasions. It was like a turned up to 11 version of the chase from Bad Boys 2 with the corpses.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Sounds awesome.

I have more stuff on my Netflix watchlist than I'll ever get around to.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

garycoleisgod posted:

6 Underground is a very Michael Bay movie and I mean that both in a positive and negative sense.

The opening car chase is so gratuitous and extreme. Normally bystanders dont cop it like that but people getting hosed up all over. Cars don't just crash, they are ripped apart and the occupants go flying. On multiple occasions. It was like a turned up to 11 version of the chase from Bad Boys 2 with the corpses.

yeah I'm watching this now and came to this thread after this scene to say I'm on board. been a while since I've seen a car chase scene that does something new and this does about 15 new things, from camera shots to maneuvers to specific types of wrecks beyond the standard piston-launch-with-explosions

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Glottis posted:

Marriage Story is on Netflix now, which I recommend. It's the kind of movie that will affect people in different ways based on your own life experiences. I'm a divorced man so it was pretty heartbreaking, but children of divorce will feel other things.

I watched this movie as a child of divorce and felt nothing but contempt for both characters. Decent movie I guess but I would really only recommend it to someone who's had a happy life and has voyeuristic tendencies.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

teagone posted:

6 Underground is right there!

As an old I just need to get this clarified

This has nothing to do with the Sneaker Pimps

It’s just that autismal robot pointy shooty rooty tooty Michael Bay is making a twelfth sequel to Bad Rock Armageddon

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Pollyanna posted:

God I can’t find poo poo on Netflix worth watching. Apparently it doesn’t have the original trilogy so it spoiled my stupid plans to catch up before the 20th, and it doesn’t have Cabin in the Woods either. Groan.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Looks like someone hasn't noticed that they have ALL the Austin Powers movies. Yeah baby!

Austin Powers definitely holds up in these troubled times and I won’t hear otherwise

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Medullah posted:

No

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Glottis posted:

https://twitter.com/cordialwombat/status/1205529346427015168

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The trailer for 6 Underground invoked an extremely visceral reaction of disgust from me so maybe I'll avoid it.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
6 Underground is absolutely out of its mind insanity.

Its like if Michael Bay smashed Bad Boys 2, Crank, and Hobbes and Shaw together.

Its politics are.....I don't even know.

Like Im not wrong in basically taking away that its just a massive endorsement for CIA coups right? Its also basically like "we should have killed Assad and supported Syrian rebels".

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
The action is some of the best Bay has ever done, so I'd say it's worth watching for that alone. Shame about the plot and the characters and the dialogue though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Yeah that 20min opener is easily one of the best car chases Ive ever seen. Its meticulously put together and the energy is just cocaine fueled hyper insanity.

The parkour sequences are about a decade late though.