Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Wakefield: Aw, I was really looking forward to seeing their reaction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
S3 of Hap and Leonard!

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

"Everyone knows that The Order of the Blue Rose is fake news" is the moment from the he trailer that I decided not to watch it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I don't know about S3 of Hap and Leonard. So much randomness at the end.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Filthy Hans posted:

The way the Florida mystery unfolded was really hard to swallow. A human being with a severe TBI surviving in a locked car truck for what, a week? And they let her out and she was basically fine?

And it having almost nothing to do with the rest of the season. Just a freak accident? And then another random thing happens and she dies anway? Ehh.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Order may be the worst Netflix original.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Triple Frontier: Wow, that Charlie Hunnum's a stand-up guy. He's gonna give up his sha- oh, pfft, nevermind.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Witness: That cycle seems super-easy to break.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I like Idris Elba, but that show is extremely boring.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

A dog and his man posted:

Anyone check out Containment on Netflix?

I’m halfway through and can’t tell if I like it or not.

Storyline and characters all over the place.

Not sure what to think?!?

I remember thinking it was silly that no one could get out, but I've completely forgotten the specifics. Other than that, I just remember the characters not grabbing me.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

So Mirage is basically Frequency, except they're not related.

Tainen posted:

Has anyone been brave enough to check out season 2 of The OA yet?

Someone in the TVIV chat thread said it's about gamers being like drug addicts or something.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 23, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I couldn't drop Netflix with more Santa Clarita Diet coming.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ohhh, Mascots is a Christopher Guest movie. All this time scrolling, I had no idea.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

precision posted:

I found it one of his weakest but still pretty good. Probably a bit better than Inherit the Wind.

It felt a bit like he was cribbing off of Best in Show, but with silly subject instead of a real one.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I'm seeing a thumbnail from a S2 scene of Imposters, but only S1 is up on Netflix. What the hell?

Edit: oh yeah, tonight:

https://twitter.com/SCDiet/status/1109198063250214912?s=20

Lycus fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 28, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

nopants posted:

oa part 2 is good y’all

I feel like you're trying to trick me.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Pycckuu posted:

Wakefield on netflix is peak Cranston. The movie starts off real strong but kind of loses steam towards the end, but its well worth a watch just because of the performance he puts in.

It bugged me that the movie teases you with how her reaction's gonna be and then denies you.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Another zombie apoc show?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I lost interest about halfway or so, but the whole drama about whether or not he'll go along with throwing the woman out was so silly. Personal survival isn't about everyone having big muscles, it's about if you have a friend that has your back. If you murder your only friend, you'll be next, no matter how big your muscles are.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Well, on one choice I did, he had to do the other choice, because my choice was a critical failure and he lost all his equipment.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Okay, I'll give it that much, it's not as plodding as Walking Dead.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Even Z Nation was too serious for me. Moreso than I thought going in.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nihonniboku posted:

I'm really late to the game, but I'm watching Fleabag on Amazon Prime, and it's fantastic. Which, just in time for season 2 which I believe starts soon.

It's actually already done in the UK.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

LifeLynx posted:

Just finished Dead to Me on Netflix. I don't get emotionally invested in shows anymore, or surprised by many, but drat. I don't even know what I expect out of a second second but I wish there was even one more wrap-up episode.

I enjoyed it, though I thought it was very predictable.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tainen posted:

Finished Dead to Me on Netflix. Overall I really liked it but the ending was dumb.

Him not just leaving when she brought the gun out was really silly and immediately made it really obvious that the end was gonna be about her shooting him.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I have very little interest in Mike's storyline when it isn't about the nerdy pill-seller.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

The Endless seemed a bit too inconsistent about how aware people were of the time loops.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

beanieson posted:

How so? Seemed like everyone but the main two guys knew what was up?

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember a scene where a loop started, and the two characters in it said what they would have the first time, like they were suddenly unaware.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

LifeLynx posted:

Yeah the two (who I guess were from the previous movie I keep meaning to watch) start with "Hey it's me!" or something as if they had no idea they just started a loop. Maybe the idea is that someone trapped in a loop only has that revelation slowly dawn on them, which is somehow more horrifying, but I think angry motorcycle guy knew what was up from the moment he restarted?

Yeah. I liked the movie in general. But that aspect didn't completely work for me.

Captain Magic posted:

This does happen, yeah. I think it’s because either people become slowly aware over time of their situation or they are locked inside of some actions no matter what.

One problem for me is that if everyone becomes completely aware, then it's functionality identical to just being trapped in a certain area, and the "looping" itself doesn't really add anything.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 3, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

If you're just trapped somewhere you can eventually die and be done with it. But that doesn't work with Yog-Sothoth.

That's true, there's the eternity aspect.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, evil AIs are pretty boring now. I kinda liked that low-budget movie about a guy in prison and his AI jailor.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I Am Mother, just started: kinda weird how they grew all the embryos to a point, then stopped, instead of just preserving them all as zygotes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

It was bugging me who the woman in the first Black Mirror was. Oh duh, it's Mantis.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Maybe they were using the game correctly after all. Game designers in the future make it so you can have sex in every game because that's what I they figure you want to use every game for that anyway instead of playing it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Watched the first several episodes of Jessica Jones, man, the JJ people really can't make interesting villains after Kilgrave.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

I generally liked Money Heist but two things bugged me.

1) People rarely dying got a bit silly for me. So much automatic gunfire, but the writers didn't want the protagonists to kill any cops because that would be too villainous.

2) Berlin going from an evil piece of poo poo to having an unearned partial redemption instead of just making him a villain.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Philthy posted:

Season 2 was a huge turd, and they got a lot of (deserved)flak for trying to set up their own XMen universe with endless spinoffs. People just wanted more Season 1, so they did that for this season and it was fantastic. It's not as good as S1, but it's close. The Neverending Story bit was amazing. I think what people just want at this point is an entire season of the kids hanging out with 80s retro awesome. Kinda hopeful they go that route with season 4 because the horror stuff is kind of holding these characters and show back at this point.

This show should absolutely not drop the sci-fi and become an 80s teen dramedy.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Yeah, it mystifies me why they went with that for the English title.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 22, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

And apparently, Netflix says that's their most popular foreign language show? I like it, but I'm surprised, I figured it would be Dark or Narcos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Tainen posted:

Speaking of Dark I’ve been meaning to get into season 2 but have been putting it off since I was worried that I forgot a lot of the details from season 1. Does it do a good job of catching you back up or should I seek out a story synopsis?l before starting.

From what I recall, it goes right into it.