Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I've only watched the 1st episode and it definitely gets weird at the end.

Still not as weird as that Mark Duplass stuff in S2. :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Quaid and Brennaman were like a bizzaro version of the Resnicks.

https://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/2244951-181/la-billionaires-sued-over-central

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Does Pedro Pascal take his helmet off and speak much in the Mandalorian?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Cithen posted:

Has anyone been watching Reprisal on Hulu? I don't know how I feel about it. I like the style, but it's also trying too hard to be stylish. There's just a weirdness to it. Some of the characters are great since they break out of their archetype in strange ways and then others feel like bland cookie-cutter archetypes. Even the time period is wonky, it is kinda out of time in any discernible way, which is fun at times, but also frustrating. I also don't know if any of it is on purpose or an accident.

I watched an episode or two and I would agree with the reviews saying it was sort of a mishmash mess of noir, over the top hot rod gangs, 50's rockabilly, Sin City, Tarantino, Lynch and a housewife revenge story thrown in and is basically a waste of Abigail Spencer's time.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Dec 15, 2019

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Tainen posted:

There’s a new season of Bosch! It involves sovereign citizens!

do any book readers know if the Haiti stuff was in the Connolly books or if they wrote it into the show for Jamie Hector?

https://www.tvinsider.com/930756/bosch-season-6-jerry-edgar-jamie-hector/

Titus and Jamie confirmed homies, IRL.

Jamie Hector posted:

That’s my guy. We’re friends. We speak on the phone. We live thousands of miles apart — he is from the East Coast but lives in the West. I’m on the East Coast, so once we separate we’re always calling and checking up on the kids. We just had a FaceTime session the other day making sure we were OK. His love for film and TV and my love for film and TV, we always connect on that level. He is funny.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Der Shovel posted:

Dang, it's nice to have Jamie Hector (Marlo Standfield from the Wire) as Bosch's partner on the show. He was great on the Wire, and he's real good here as well. Nice to see a different kind of character for him.

They keep expanding his role as well all the way through season 6, when there is a Haitian gangster storyline he deals with. I believe he and Titus also have a very good personal relationship and it shows in their dialogue. Lance Reddick still probably gives them that "look" if they misbehave, though.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Aug 8, 2020

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Thundercracker posted:

The Guest is great and made me realize Dan Stevens was completely wasted on Downtown Abbey. Legion confirmed that later on too.

I see someone hasn't seen "Fire Saga" yet! :newlol:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Dark was meh at best and I couldn't finish it off fast enough. I guess S1 was tolerable, the rest blah bad 12 Monkeys crap.
Fight me. :dance:

Babylon Berlin on the other hand, is sublime.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 17, 2020

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
holy poo poo, I hope Clive got to see that

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The 2011 Three Musketeers has a huge cast and budget with everyone hamming it up 100%. They must have expected a follow-up.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The first season is always worth a re-watch for all the background. They even had more tall skinny actors play belters.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

GD_American posted:

They're really good at casting completely hateable actors for the Marcos contingent of the OPA.

I don't know how Naomi isn't punching that guy and the kid ever time she gets near them

Mythic Quest has some good chuckles..........

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Inconceivable not remembering Leonard Nimoy! :shame:

Since I'm getting it for free until October.....I'm giving that Apple TV+ For All Mankind space show another chance after being annoyed with it before (Ep1 is sort of obnoxious) but it gets good around ep 3-6 when the ladies show up.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Holy poo poo y'all weren't kidding and the last few eps of Mythic Quest were insane with possibly the best quarantine episode to date.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'm taking a 6 month off break from Netflix, so just watching anything that has been sitting in the queue......

Are viewers supposed to be rooting for Rosamund Pike's team in "I Care a Lot" because I don't think any viewers actually were.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 20:29 on May 23, 2021

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I tried watching Miracle Workers and meh.....not funny at all.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

TheMopeSquad posted:

The second season is much better, has nothing to do with the premise of the first season.

I watched S2 E1 • Dark Ages: Graduation.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
The daily struggles of the classical musicians just to find gigs and being cutthroat to get as well as hang on to those long term orchestra jobs was interesting. García Bernal was initially fun with all his quirks and visions, but ultimately exhausting, same with McDowell. I found better explanation on what exactly a conductor does in Scott Yoo's PBS show. Hi-Lie! also just became annoying after showing the audience just how hard it is to get one of those spots. Bernadette Peters apparently hasn't aged since 1984 and showed the need to endlessly be groveling for funding. They just sort of ran out of ideas after S1.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

I stopped watching when the show informed me the protagonist is just an honorable man who fought for the confederacy, but of course was staunchly anti-slavery. Give me a loving break.

I think he later admits he was lying about that and freeing his.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Does "Peppermint" with Jennifer Garner kicking rear end (2018) count? :newlol:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
Tony Shaloub and Kevin Pollack are like the best parts of Mrs. Maisel even in their small parts......and also Luke Kirby as Lenny Bruce. :colbert:

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I haven't had Netflix since May and don't care to renew it at all still.
I'll dump Apple TV+ once the free period ends (after buying a laptop last month.)
I'll dump Discovery + after the free period as well.
I would really like to dump Prime someday, but still use it.
The Disney/Hulu/ESPN+ bundle is still viable for me at the current $12.99 or whatever. I finally got around some of those Marvel movies I'd been ignoring since Iron Man 2 lol.
Peacock at $4.99 is also still useful since it has English Premier League extras - but I also watch a lot of winter sports (Downhill x-country Skiing, Biathlon, Ski Jumping etc) that have increasingly been relegated there.

also have YouTubeTV for "cable" and it's been fantastic for $65/month and it works seamlessly on all my devices and locations.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 22, 2021

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Nihonniboku posted:

I feel like it's really popular with boomers. My parents and all my friends' parents are seemingly obsessed.

Based on reddit, it looks like suburban wannabee rural maga morons LOVE Yellowstone! Bootstraps! Own the city libs! Trumper fi!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I liked the 10 minutes or so of Yellowstone:1883 with Billy Bob. :clint: