Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Hubbardologist posted:

amazon prime has all of the expanse, since jeff bezos doesn't understand that he is the antagonist and definitely not the protagonist who saved the solar system from death.

Fixed it for you.

Also Netflix has Altered Carbon which is in prod for season and all signs point to confusion plot wise. There are strong hints at elements of Broken Angels, but also a multi century, multi system treasure hunt for Quelcrist's copy :raise: Also Poe is somehow back, becoming some kind of wandering AI wordsmith looking for his humanity or something. I liked the character in the first one but I am really not sure about Kovac getting a scooby gang.

Collateral fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Mar 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

feedmyleg posted:

The anime bullshit.

Guess what Netflix went and did...

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

The MSJ posted:

I mean, in real life there's apparently millions in cryptocurrency that cannot be used because the creator was the only one who knew the password and he's dead.

I assume you are talking about Quadriga? To the absolute surprise of nobody, those wallets were cleared out before he went on the run and got murderised.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
India would be a good place to do it, so that does make some sense.

How easy will it be for him to sell that many bitcoins?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Get hype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJoR4vlIIs

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
When does The Boys get released? PST midnight?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

dudeness posted:

I'm watching the first episode right now, my immediate thought is this is just a fantasy version of Defiance, which happens to be exactly the kind of trash I'm into.

My eyes almost rolled out of my head when the bosun said "It's the coastal batteries!" No poo poo mate, never mind looking to windward.

The first scene with the police chief has me sold.

It's a shame they did't steal borrow more of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch, there is a campness to it, but without the humour. Still I'm only on ep.2.

Collateral fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Aug 31, 2019

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

DanTheFryingPan posted:

My absolute favorite part about Aniara was that the ship interior really reminded me of Baltic Sea cruise ship. Perfectly executed production design.

So it wasnt filmed on a Baltic cruise ship?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Some posters need to read Culture, in particular Excession.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

I definitely liked it, but I thought it felt like diminishing returns and lost interest in the middle of season 3. It was never outright bad it just felt like it was starting to spin it's wheels and I just stopped caring and moved on .

Loved seasons 1 & 2, stopped watching mid season 3. It took a dive into the poo tbh.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
The new Alex Rider series has a good start, I got a sensible chuckle out of his cover name: Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Friend.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
They should replace it with a biography of Sherman, and why he didn't go far enough.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Martman posted:

Wasn't the recent His Dark Materials made by BBC? Or is there gonna be a third attempt?

I got two episodes into HDM and I was really struggling, I dunno.

Cofunded by BBC and HBO. Auntie couldn't afford to do it justice on her own.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Any word on how Blood Machines is?

It's like an extended music video, based on a po-mo short story about gender revenge, with lots of titties.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
S1 of OG Utopia was fine but nothing compared to S1, they went over most of the same beats tbh.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Oh dear, I meant s2

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I thought they were in Scotland.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I watched WW84 and it made me angry. Ah yes, a man from 1917 would be amazed at an underground railway, wowzers. Those 80's sure were wacky.

As to the conclusion. WTF. Everybody just did a backsie and things went back to being exactly the same. Except that one lady who didn't because? fight?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Midgetskydiver posted:

I just watched the 1st ep last night and judging by that, it's going to be good.

It certainly looks good.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

MasqueradeOverture posted:

The Young Pope was brilliant. The New Pope didn't need to exist imo.

One of the most infuriating, purposeless endings to a season ever.

Does it turn out that he did indeed gently caress that lady and the praying was bs?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Isnt there going be an adaptation of The Spy Who Came In From The Cold?

Also Slow Horses with Gary Oldman as Jackson Lamb is happening.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I though I would watch some trash and put on Greenland. I managed to get to the insulin bit and that was enough for me.

Why was he Irish anyway?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Prime in the UK.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Sir Not Appearing posted:

That's his natural Scottish accent.

I'll take your word for it.

Does it get better after this? Like a more popcorn version of The Road?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Simone Magus posted:

Christoph Waltz, Kate Winslet and John C Reilly noooooo what are you dooooooing... :(

I guess he saw Jodie Foster in Bugsy Malone and saw an actor he would enjoy working with.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

married but discreet posted:

This can't be stated enough. Go in blind.

Do you need to have watched the previous 2?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

nonathlon posted:

Agreed there. The whole thing is difficult, opaque, largely humorless - but amazing. Season three wasn't terrible but just hit a limit with me. And for the first time, I stopped believing there was a logic behind it all - stuff was just happening.

So it's german?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Nihonniboku posted:

The punchline was usually just that someone was gay, or someone seemed gay.

I thought it was that the boys were being abused on set?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
So when can we expect amazon's new Stargate series?

Do they own James Bond now?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Yes, just like the The Oldest Building in Control. It is a very distinct aesthetic that Kafka* would have appreciated.

*And British civil servants.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
The Black Summer is an event that occurred and is mentioned numerous times in Z Nation.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Tagichatn posted:

Plus climate change is literally the thing that lets the aliens loose. The ice melts and the aliens defrost.

Which is strange because the inside of the ship wasn't frozen at all.

Very little about this movie made any sense at all. They didn't train the troops, including how to use a rifle or anything at all about their enemy or how to be a soldier, just threw them into the woodchipper without any actual goals.

Why didn't they kill the female after they got the 100% match? :effort:

It's comically stupid.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

RestingB1tchFace posted:

The poor final season

No, it was bad long before that stinking turd befouled out tvs.

Lest we forget The Terminator & Arya in The Chase. Or the teleporting armies. Or the rape of sansa, and her whoopsie forgot the knights of the Vale moment. Etc. 3 good seasons 1 decent season, piles of poo poo and a stinking turd.

People will still eat up the new thing though.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

regulargonzalez posted:

Voyeurs - why does everyone talk like they have 3 marshmallows in their mouth

E: this is a deeply silly movie. 90s Shannon Tweed Skinemax style movie. Main actress has an absolutely insane body though.

E2: so does the male antagonist

E3: there's a much better version of this movie called The Shape of Things. Sadly not streaming though

Not sure the suggestion by lady voyeur to gent voyeur that they do it doggy style on the balcony while she watches camera dude cheat with a model, doing it doggy style, didn't raise a red flag larger than the soviet Union to gent voyeur. Sex is sex but come the gently caress on man.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I never read Y The Last Man but I never got the impression it was a comedy?

I am amused by how many viewers are asking why the lead is so loathsome.

He's not the lead, that is the point, and he never ever changes.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Boxman posted:

We watched Survivor on CBS last night and caught ads for Ghosts, a sitcom where a woman hits her head and can see the ghosts that haunt her and her husbands house, but he cant see them and hijinks ensue.

The original or a US remake?

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I refuse to watch LoGH until there is a dub.

I really don't mind watching German, French ot Spanish language tv/movies with subs as I know some of those languages and it helps me to pick up more.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
So we shouldnt watch it, according to a twitter guy. That's kind of them to warn us.

I'm glad I didn't waste my time.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Flight of the conchords is eternal though.

Not really American "humour" but....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
I just don't get the problem. Is it victim envy? Crab bucket spite?

Or conforming to the narrative that the establishment has promoted, that only one group can get up the ladder at a time.