Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I swear I saw they were making a district 10 at some point. That was a few years ago so it might have gotten lost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I thought it looked pretty cool :colbert:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I'm watching Saving Private Ryan again and drat this movie is still a gut punch even after all these years

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Junkie Disease posted:

Mst3k is back, now 27 days left to see how much
Makemoremst3k.com

Back on what? It's streaming on like 4 different things

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Oh hell yeah

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

RCarr posted:

Yea I watched it the other day and I recommend it.

Someone here described it as Napleon Dynamite crossed with Fight Club and I thought that was pretty accurate. It's really good.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Junkie Disease posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mst3k/makemoremst3k
Ends Friday. Looks like it will be at this point
9 new episodes and a streaming platform they are trying to consolidate cinematic titanic and its ilk under one roof.
I'm interested in seeing the "virtual theater" approach
Mst3k was the eye of the storm for many dark days so I'm in

I'm confused it says 78% funded but then 4.3 million pledged and the target was 2 million?

Regardless I kicked them a few bucks because gently caress yeah more mst3k.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Ahh ok thanks for clarifying

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I really liked sicario 1 and skipped on 2 even though it sort of features my hometown lmao. Maybe some day. What service is it on?

I want to say I saw it on Amazon prime maybe?

But yeah don't go into it expecting much, the first one is so crazy good there's no way they could have topped it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Spanish Matlock posted:

After having watched the entire run of Jupiter's legacy I'm left with the very real question of "Is everyone int his universe who has superpowers in some way part of these people's extended incestuous family?" Like weird ice guy with the van or the energy projecting lesbians. Did these dudes just do a world gently caress tour in the 60s or what?

Brb starting a band called World gently caress Tour

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Robert Zemeckis's Beowulf is good. :colbert:

I'd go to bat for Maleficent and Hackers too, for that matter.

Beowulf was really boring I thought. Honestly the movie I've sort of liked that she was in is Hackers but that's probably my late 90's nostalgia talking

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
How did Hulu get to make (or distribute or whatever)a show based on a marvel character? Did they write a big ole check to Disney?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I did not know that. Ok makes sense then

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

mcmagic posted:

Holy poo poo. Master of None Season 3 Episode 1 is so loving uncomfortable. It's a completely different show.

The first 2 seasons had them taking on some pretty uncomfortable topics, there were several awkward/weird moments but I feel like they handled them pretty well.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Both solid movies. The witch is probably better if you don't want to ruin your day

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The mom sawing her own head off did it for me.

On a lighter note, the new Bo Burnham special is super good.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
You thought midsommar was funny? Goddamn dude

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

thatfuturekid posted:

I loved Hereditary, it’s great. But as a whole I enjoyed Midsommar a lot more.

It's kind of weird to me that they get compared so much. I get that it's the same director and all but they are two very seperate movies. Like they're not even close to being similar

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

lament.cfg posted:

I’ve said like 100 times probably in this thread that Midsommar and Hereditary are fraternal twins, not identical. They have the same DNA but are visually polar opposites.

It's the M night shamalayn effect I guess

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

nate fisher posted:

Well they both focus on a cult , when they are really about other, more human things.
I couldn't have said it better.

Yeah solid point. I didn't think about the cult aspect of them.

Tone wise they are pretty unique though so there's that.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Sailor moon is anime lite garbage gently caress off with that poo poo.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's Akira you dumb stupid idiot

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
None of you are making strong cases

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Hey man keep on creepin

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Shageletic posted:

Its such a specific genre that you only really get into bc it tickles some nostalgia poo poo from watching it when you were 12. It's like trying to get someone into Warhammer. Who cares.

I stand by my statemet

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Field Mousepad posted:

I stand by my statement

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

I stand by my statement

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Shageletic posted:

I stand by my statemet

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

I'm afraid to quote this cause I might cease to exist

Fuc

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Ok I'll watch it drat

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
So far I'm confused. And slightly horny

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It is a drat rollercoaster. Dude nailed all the mental health stuff a little too closely.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Yeah I feel like it's therapeutic in a way. Last year was one of the worst of my entire life not counting the pandemic. I liked seeing someone just take it head on and actually make it entertaining.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Children of Men is a solid 7 ish

I liked it but it wasn't as good as everyone said it was.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Really digging Loki so far. Owen Wilson is killing it

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

A MIRACLE posted:

what are some good giamatti things on streaming right now im in the mood for giamatti yall

I've always thought that Sideways was peak Paul Giamatti. It's on a few streaming services I believe, fuckin great flick.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I was grinning like a little kid the first time I watched Saving Private Ryan and he popped up.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Glottis posted:

Sideways is great, and absolutely makes me feel like an old wine lady when I enjoy it, despite being none of those things. It holds up for sure. I really enjoy how this movie specifically hosed merlot growing for generations.

:same: for sure. I can pretend I'm a wine snob after watching it.

The scene where he steals his friend's wallet while the couple is having sex is one of the funniest things I have ever experienced

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Tainen posted:

Watched Possessor on Hulu. It is the latest film from Brandon Cronenberg so if you are in the mood for some of that classic Cronenberg family body horror then I don’t think you will be disappointed.

Don't sleep on this one, Possessor fuckin owns bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Glottis posted:

I saw Mulholland Drive was leaving HBO Max so I finally watched it for the first time. What a ride.

You just now watched it? That's a modern classic