Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My fiancée wants to watch some US history documentaries since she’s forgotten everything from grade school. What are a good fee that range from beginnings to now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I feel like HIMYM and The Good Place would have been perfect as 1 seasoners. Fewer seasons the better.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Upload is very good and funny and is a much better interpretation of a future hellscape than Black Mirror could ever achieve.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Finally sat down and watched Uncut Gems on Netflix and holy moly. My fiancee hated the amount of anxiety a movie was giving her. Solid flick for sure.

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 01:36 on May 28, 2020

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

whos that broooown posted:

I gave up on SNL a couple years ago, and I'm not exactly regretting that decision right now.

This is the correct answer

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

My Octopus Teacher is very good. Nature owns and our connection with it can be extremely powerful.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Gaia had promise but I think it fell flat ultimately. Beautifully shot and a premise I can get behind but it just gets…boring.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

If you liked I Think You Should Leave season 1 you will like 2. And if you’ve never seen it give it a go. Each episode is like 15 minutes so it’s a low time risk

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

It's light and silly and if you like that kind of stuff then you just might enjoy it!

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

quote:

We really wanted to make sure that this stands on its own two feet. So... it's not a sequel, but there are some characters that were in the first movie, right? So it's not really a full reboot either. So we just call it James Gunn's The Suicide Squad.

So yea it's its own weird thing but whatever its a comic book movie so it doesnt matter

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Haven't had the chance yet, is it bad in general or are they like trying to lean to heavily into what people like in the first season?

https://www.pastemagazine.com/tv/apple-tv-plus/ted-lasso-season-2-episodes-4-christmas-review/

quote:

The root of the problem, as far as I can tell, is that the writers/directors/creators heard the heaps of praise on the specific elements—to repeat a few adjectives—of sincerity, positivity, and wholesomeness, took it to heart, decided to lean into that side of the show, and came out with something heinously sentimental and trite.

This is a pretty scathing review but the bits about there not being any tension is pretty spot on. The wholesomeness has nothing to contrast it to for the most part. I still enjoy the show because the cast is great but it's definitely a dip.

George H.W. Cunt fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Aug 14, 2021

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

thiccabod posted:

It just seems like all the conflict is gone. By the end of season 1 Ted had won over the team, the boss, and the fans so now they all just kind of exist together. And well into the next football season the team has only four wins, four losses, and at least 8 draws and... no one seems bothered by it? Fans like Ted, the team likes him, and the Oh No Jamie's Coming Back anxiety was resolved in one episode (though that one is a great episode).

I also have horrible taste in lots of things so don't be surprised if you finally watch it and then agree with absolutely none of this.

Perhaps I'm being too safe with spoilers but I don't want to be that guy that accidentally ruins something for someone else.

All of this is accurate

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Boxman posted:

I highly recommend Friday Night Tykes, which is about youth football in Texas - like, youth youth. 10 year old and such, smashing into each other and getting concussed, and their parents and coaches telling them to TOUGHEN UP and GET BACK IN THERE.

I watched this and the documentary Trophy Kids back to and back boy what a trip that was.

FNT season 1 is so good though.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Six Feet Under is just the prequel to Dexter

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I watched that Nickelodeon documentary on Amazon tonight and man what a unique time to grow up and how fortunate we were as kids to have that channel. So many solid shows and a group that didn’t want to just pander to kids in the worst way possible. A pretty fun little nostalgic trip on the origins and heyday of something we millennials mostly all experienced.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9H1uSS_zkk
So this just came to my attention, I hadn't heard anything about it. Given how poorly received the last season was I'm surprised this is even happening.

It's going to be a trip.

Join us!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3944060

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Perpetual Grace LTD was so good and I wish it got more. That group makes solid gold.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Possessor is pretty good.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Cowboy Bebop is not very good. The casting is great but everything else is a mess. The writing sucks and lacks any of the soul and wit the show had. It’s similar to the Disney live action remakes where if given the choice why even bother with the new one when the better original is right there? I am curious where they take the show however considering they blasted through all the better storylines.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I’ve been watching The Great and it’s very fun! It looks like everyone is just enjoying the hell out of their parts

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Speaking of Costner, my wife has been watching Yellowstone and it’s just Succession for rednecks down to the kids having the same traits and all.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The new Louis CK special is actually not bad. If you were to compare Chappelle and Louis CK on their post “canceled” careers they have both obviously not been affected too much but Louis is far more funny

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I haven’t started Cobra Kai yet but the original movie had a gang of karate nerds and a teen kid dramatically yelling out that he NEEDS to take karate. The entire premise is hysterical. Of course it’s dumb!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Nihonniboku posted:

Moon Knight is coming to Disney Plus March 30th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZn0I87zXeY

Here's a trailer for those of you who hate the MCU but still watch every thing they put out.

The actor who played the villain to this died yesterday so whoops!