Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010

tweet my meat posted:

Rotten Tomatoes is the only site that accurately quantifies the objective level of quality for a given movie. I don't watch any movies below 70% because that's a failing grade. Only tool you need to determine if a movie is good or bad.

You forgot to filter for "Top Critics" only. Obviously the opinion of regular critics is trash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Edit: I just ask they give the black woman a better subplot than being horrible to the main guy, and cool it with the pop songs, please im begging

It's pretty weird you think Amber is being "horrible" to Mark. She's been pretty reasonable.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
I can't imagine watching the first 2 seasons of DARK and not finishing the 3rd. You might not like the 3rd season ( I loved the entire series), but it does give a satisfactory ending to everything in a very German way. I found the entire thing very beautiful in a tragic way.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
I got to ep4 and still nothing interesting has happened.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
The new season of Love, Death and Robots is out and its very short and disappointing compared to season 1. None of the episodes reaches the highs of the first season. The animation and cg is impressive but the writing is pretty uninspired and lacks creativity.

Also Giant penis display at the circus.

Hoop Dreams fucked around with this message at 18:49 on May 14, 2021

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
You can watch it at 1.5x speed.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010

The MSJ posted:

The company that made Candy Crush was sold for more money than Lucasfilm.

To be fair that company makes 2 bil a year in revenue which is probably more than what the star wars media and merchandise make.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010

toggle posted:

I’ve just started Halt and Catch Fire, about early 1980s computers/tech. Has Lee Pace and Scoot McNairy in it. In Australia it’s on Binge/Foxtel, I have no idea where you’d find it anywhere else in the world but its an AMC production if that helps

I’m 3 episodes in for a 3 season watch, and so far its pretty good. Mackenzie Davis’ character is starting to give me the shits though.

It's available on Netflix in Canada and it's 4 seasons unless you plan on skipping 1.

It's a pretty strong character drama with an interesting setting.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
Does CD really need 4 Snyder threads lol.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
Cruella is similar to Joker. They are both in their own universe not caring that much about lore. Cruella is very much centered on Emma Stones performance.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
It's a fine movie with strong performances especially from Emma Stone. Good costume and set design. I just didn't like the overuse of pop music soundtrack and overstylized direction at times.

Cgi dogs aren't that big of a deal. Story is kinda similar to Devils wear Prada if that's your kind of movie. I'd rate it like 7.5 out of 10.

Hoop Dreams fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 31, 2021

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
Loki has a strong set/ costume design asthetic going but the action choreography/scenes that we've seen so far are still dogshit like the majority have been in the MCU.

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
The first movie wasn't filmed as a comedy or suppose to be funny at all, but the first trailer was cut to be comedic and was well received. So WB got the trailer people to recut the entire film to be more like the trailer against David Ayers' cut.

So this time they just outright filmed it as a comedy so it's less of a "mess". That's the entire reason for the second movie. Soft reboot or not, they just wanted someone to make it like the first trailer because the general public liked it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hoop Dreams
Oct 21, 2010
I think at best you are suppose to be sympathetic to how broken the Roy siblings are because of how psychologically abusive Logan is as a father. But they are all terrible people, so gently caress them. Even Greg who is the stereotypical lovable goofball character is a massive shithead. None of the characters are suppose to be "appealing".