Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Finished "Reservation Dogs".

I agree with most that it is a unique show due to it's Native American roots and definitely paints a portrait of part of America that we rarely see. On the other hand outside of a a few episodes the show just isn't all that interesting. The show is the best when it is a slice of life about random characters (Episodes 5 & 6), with the "main plot" being boring. Also, as someone who did the whole "I'm going to drive to the West Coast from the Midwest with just the money I've saved up and the clothes on my back!" thing a few years ago, I can't help but laugh at the characters going to California (of all states) specifically to Los Angeles (of all cities) on what looked like a budget of roughly $1,000 in a car that will break down any minute. The journey to their alone will be at least half that amount. Though maybe that's "the point" to highlight they are just bunch of kids who are in over their head.

Overall, I'm happy I watched it and it stands out compared to other shows I've watched, but I'm not exactly dying for season 2. It's also good that the duo from America's Got Talent have gotten work.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jan 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Finally watching "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and it's very good. It's like Seinfeld, if the plots didn't interconnect and that the group was so depraved that George Constanza would comfortably be the moral compass.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I've watched a few episodes of Succession and don't really see what makes it so great. The only thing that stood to me was Kieran Culkin.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

This would actually be cool if they had a good art style.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Hearing how the old guy punches an 8 year old in the face unironically makes me want to watch Succession.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I will never understand the love for Star Wars. There was only one good movie in the entire film franchise.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

precision posted:

finally getting around to watching The Suicide Squad (not to be confused with Suicide Squad ) and it's... totally fine, but like, just such a generic "James Gunn movie". like he just sleepwalked through the gig, but it has stuff like the harley escape sequence and the intro where it's like... why didn't u try that hard for the entire 90 minutes dude bro

The worst (best?) part of this movie was seeing goons in the official thread argue how the dictator was actually good because he was anti-American and since the people weren't in the streets protesting, they thus supported his regime. While Sol Soria was bad because they were a right wing military death squad since Sol Sorta HAD to be the daughter of the previous regimes leaders due to her mentioning that during the coup her family died and since we know in the beginning that the previous leaders were put to death I guess that means it has to refer to them because nobody else dies in coups.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I never got into Star Trek.

It just seems like Star Wars but with all the fun stuff taken out. And Star Wars is mostly boring anyway.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Booyah- posted:

its nothing like star wars

Okay, now I'm much more interested.

Maybe one day I'll check out "The Next Generation" since it seems to be near the top or at the top of peoples lists.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Cobra Kai is insanely dumb, but so is almost every other TV show. Reality is much too boring to make a serialized show.

I will say that after doing martial arts you realize just how dumb Cobra Kai is.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

All shows are dumb.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Was excited for Peacemaker but after watching episode 1 it is unfortunately what it promised. A big standard superhero movie with a James Gunn touch but as a TV series.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I actually like John Cena’s performance and the concept of Peacemaker. However, I don’t like superhero stuff, but decided to give the show a shot despite that.

Fans of superhero films should love it though. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a big hit for HBOMax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Finally got around to watching "The Big Short." I found it amusing that even the most "cynical" people were at shock and awe that the top bankers knew they'd get bailed out by the government.