Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

"What's this dance called?"

"'Radioactive Flesh.' It's the latest - and the last!"
The ending to A Scanner Darkly is sadly beautiful, especially with that end text.

I stopped liking Requiem for a Dream after I rewatched it not long ago. I guess my taste in movies changed or something but I found it to be way over the top with melodrama and sensational.

A Scanner Darkly definately held up better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Yeah the movie was way more chud than the book.

Joe Chill
Mar 21, 2013

Midgetskydiver posted:

Yes and no. That scene in particular was horrendous but the book has this stuff all throughout. As someone else mentioned, the main thrust of WWZ the book is that apartheid turned out to be actually good because it was awesome practice for the apocalypse. All the limp wristed liberals had to take their lumps and admit Israel and South Africa were right this whole time!

That it was written by Mel Brooks's son makes the whole thing even weirder.

I didn't remember the South African stuff. That is pretty terrible. I remember it being more "lets put aside our differences and work together to survive the zombie apocalypse."