Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
No one ever went broke selling ads on pages where very popular things are declared to actually be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
If you can be at work and have some kind of printer problem and not get a laugh from "PC load letter, what the gently caress does that mean" then you have my pity.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Captain Magic posted:

No matter your opinion on The Terror the show, stay away from The Terror the book. Goddamn what a slog.

Condolences on your awful taste in books.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Snow White’s depiction of dwarves is pretty Problematic.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

Barring the Mandalorian, looking through Disney+ and realizing this service has virtually nothing for me.

Yeah once Mandalorian is over I don't see any reason to stay subscribed.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
N/m

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The Godfather: Annihilation

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
exactly

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I liked him in Arrested Development.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yup

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Inspector Hound posted:

I can't stand Kristen Bell.

hosed up if true

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's not a nonstop-thrill-ride kind of show.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

feedmyleg posted:

I don't know if it was shot on film or video, but either way they really should've introduced HBO Max with as high-quality a version of it possible with the new logo switched out for the Feature Presentation.

Keep it exactly as-is and just fade to a full-res version as the logo comes in.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

precision posted:

Prime is ugly but it's fast.

Netflix is honestly the best, the only complaint I have is the auto-previews being too loud

If you go to netflix website there is a setting to turn off the auto-previews.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
So does my Okcupid profile.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Sam Elliot without a mustache is horrifying.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Isn’t it the same universe?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Yeah once you feel like it is getting too soapy then just stop watching because it doesn’t get any better.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I watched all of Poldark.

Sounds like you have already developed a tolerance then.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rorobb posted:

What else is worth watching on it?

For All Mankind, Dickenson

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Iron Crowned posted:

Why do they jump over the shoe to get to the end?

Shoes, especially tall shoes like that one, are a serious tripping hazard. Jumping is a good way to avoid it safely.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm afraid to watch it because I am confused about what kind of feelings Gillian Anderson playing Margaret Thatcher will awaken.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They just do. It's not a documentary.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

dantheman650 posted:

I just signed up for a Hulu trial for the first time ever. I watched the first episode of It's Always Sunny and it looks like absolute garbage - low resolution and blurry. Other streaming video content (Netflix, HBO) looks great. Is this a problem with Hulu or the show itself? Does it get better?

It's part of the charm, this isn't prestige TV.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

I got a CD with that song on it. It’s in my car unopened.

I don’t know what to do with it.

If it's a Sturgill Simpson album then you should definitely open and listen to it (assuming you have a way to listen to actual CDs?).

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

CelticPredator posted:

It’s just that song on a CD.

Then just listen on youtube or whatever. Also in the future consider not buying CDs with just one song on them.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It's a good show OP.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
No fuckin way am I watching “phase 4 of the MCU.”

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

AngryBooch posted:

Keep the thread updated with all the poo poo you're not gonna watch.

Will do.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The first half of an Alone season is fun as you watch the totally unprepared go home, but it always ends up a straightforward calculation of who will take longest to starve.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
White dreadlock guy throwing pottery in a three-piece suit and tie was pretty chill once you get over the unfortunate first impression based on appearance.

I can't get enough of english people being very politely competitive.

edit: Also can't get enough of super tough guys on Alone calling for a pickup during or after the first night because they heard a noise.

withak fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 25, 2021

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Class Warcraft posted:

My two favorites in season 1 are the cop who tapped out within 48 hours because he heard a wolf noise and the survival expert who drank unpurified river water and got super sick.

Those were my favorites too. Best part was the cop coming in all "I deal with 'animals' on the street every day, this will be a piece of cake." Also technically the guy who got sick from the water thought that he was purifying by pouring it over some moss. :lol:

Behavior that weirded me out the most was the guy who got yanked by the doctor for starving himself while also building up an impressive cache of dried fish. And then he came back to try again in the all-stars season!

withak fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 25, 2021

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

david_a posted:

I have not watched season 5 yet so no spoilers please, but did they write Cas Anvar out of the show at the end of it? He is unfortunately a sex pest and creep.

Season isn't over yet, but it all may have been filmed before he was outed.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
They are put far enough away from each other.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Dominique Tipper’s can sound forced at times too, but it almost fits her character just because she’s constantly around Inners now instead of Belters. It’s like someone moving and losing most of their accent over time.

I assumed she was code switching.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Get you baby hooked early on those hosed-up procedurally-generated kids videos.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Stevie Lee posted:

is AMC's The Terror any good? haven't seen much discussion of it.

i noticed it on Hulu yesterday but ended up watching The Dead Zone (1983) instead, which was dope.

Season 1 is great. Season 2 does not exist, there is no Season 2.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Turns out you can just make whatever garbage you want because people will watch whatever you put in front of them.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure Shadow and Bone just exists to sell cosplay accessories. Not much else going for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

A MIRACLE posted:

Are the paddingtons on streaming right now? My wife loves the character I think she would enjoy the movies

Google says that it is on Hulu, and that it and the sequel have 97% and 100%, respectively, on Rotten Tomatoes. Unclear if this is a "so bad it's good" situation.