Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Cult comedy classic "Clue" is streaming on Amazon Prime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Everyone watch this!

https://twitter.com/neonrated/status/1243207001225564161?s=21

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

King George steals the show.

The ending is pretty fantastic though. The orphanage

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Jul 5, 2020

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Thom and the Heads posted:

IMO it is not remotely scary.

The racism is scary. The monsters not so much.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

Did His Dark Materials ever get good? I watched the first few eps when it came out and thought it was a tedious slog, but see now that it's getting a third season.

Supposedly the second season is a considerable improvement from the first, though I haven’t seem to confirm

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Couple years back I was taking a Lyft and a woman ended up riding with me. Got to chatting with her and found out she was a tv writer. She told me she was working on this new show for Cinemax called Warrior.

We’ve kept in touch briefly ever since, and it’s so awesome to hear people like the show.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Judas and the Black Messiah is out and it’s loving fantastic

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Nomadland is fantastic. There’s a good chance it wins best picture and deserves it.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Feb 20, 2021

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

I really liked WandaVision as an exploration of grief and everything associated with that I thought was excellent.

All the other stuff though that was them trying to create tie ins to the next films fell flat though for me.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

Tainen posted:

I’m 4 episodes into Midnight Mass and while I’m mostly enjoying it there are some pretty cringey parts particularly anytime a character goes into an extended monologue. The “what do you think happens when you die” bit was almost unbearable.

Hmm I really enjoyed that part. Maybe it could have been shortened a bit but the subtext behind what was being said was really moving.

There are some monologues I don’t care for as much though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

I was always of the impression that Wheel of Time and Game of Thrones stood head over shoulders over all other fantasy books in terms of popularity.

Like it was: Lord of the Rings >>Game of Thrones > Wheel of Time>>>>>Everything Else.

Yea I’d say that’s accurate. I can’t think of any series that comes close to the popularity of those. The next after that is either Stormlight Archive or Kingkiller Chronicles, but neither of those I think came close to the level of popularity.

Although with WoT I’d say the earlier books. It drops considerably in popularity in the latter half.

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Nov 20, 2021