Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

Either them or The Vacant Lot.

There was also The Unnaturals, starring a young Paul Feig and the guy who played Beakman on Beakman's World.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
There's also 1958's It! The Terror from Beyond Space: astronauts pick up an alien stowaway, they search the ship for it as it tries to kill them, in the end they kill it by opening the ship to the vacuum.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

1996's The Arrival was just added to Prime Video. Is it good? I remember liking it the last time I saw it but I believe that was 20 years ago.

Harlan Ellison called it "Independence Day with a brain."

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

pumped up for school posted:

It took me until this post to realize film in question was not, in fact, The Rocketeer.

They're actually talking about RocketMan with Harland Williams (and written by Craig Mazin of Chernobyl fame).

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

Not law, but isn't Limitless centered around the "we only use 10% of our brain" misunderstanding?

The strangest use of that in a movie is in Defending Your Life, where the idea is that in the afterlife you use a higher percentage of your brain, even though if you're in the afterlife, your brain should be dead.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

david_a posted:

Wasn’t the big criticism of Jack Reacher by fans of the book that Tom Cruise was too small to accurately portray their power fantasy

The character got his name because he's so tall he can reach things easily.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

regulargonzalez posted:

The first time I noticed this was as a kid when like 4 bodyswap movies came out within 18 months of each other. 18 Again, Vice Versa, Big (kinda), and one other one I'm forgetting.

Like Father Like Son, which started the cycle. There was also Dream a Little Dream starring the Coreys. All came out between October 1987 and March 1989.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
If you want a good sitcom try I Love Lucy. It’s what most other sitcoms are trying to rip off.