Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Okay I watched season 2 of The OA. Despite HATING the s1 finale, I liked the general concept of the show before that.

Can someone explain the s2 finale to me? I wasn't paying close enough attention and didn't realize it was the finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Tainen posted:

I felt like season two was the same. It was very boring until the last two episodes where they were actually doing the heist.

I really don't like how season 3 brings everyone into the con game. The show was much better when it was a family story at heart. I am a sucker for the heist aspect but I think season 1 is still above and beyond the best.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A shame The Tick got cancelled, but it's just continuing down the path of it's ancestors

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

This special has me so psyched to see Lonely Island next month

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

drat. My buddy who I was leeching off of canned Hulu and now I'm addicted to it but I already have like 3 streaming services. Ugh I might need to sub. It's becoming my favorite one. No ads is so much better but twice the price. Decisions.

Is there any Hulu deals floating around? Too bad that spotify thing is no more.

Check your cell phone provider, a few plans include Hulu.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

LifeLynx posted:

Is it still good if I only had passing interest of that sports feud like two decades ago?

I knew the names JOSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and Mark but didn't know jack squat about their feud and I watched in a few times already myself.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Brocktoon posted:

I'm pretty forgiving, but even I rolled my eyes when it....just....kept...GOING.

Like it was a story that was never ending

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

garycoleisgod posted:

Watched the first four eps of The Boys today, pretty good so far. I appreciate that they have toned the edge way down from the comics, while still leaving enough to get the point across.

Obviously there have been lots of changes, but they are keeping the general idea so far and I like most of the changes anyway.

One I have noted that is interesting is that in the comics the supes are not only morally bankrupt, but they are also criticized for being really incompetent on top. In the show so far, they seem to have a better idea of what they are doing, if still a long way from perfect. For example the opening scene with Maeve and Homelander and the armored car, plus the scene with Starlight and Deep at the warehouse on the docks and they get it done with no innocent bystanders getting got, although Homelander was probably a bit excessive on the dude he tossed down the street. . Both scenes are invented for the show as well.

Oh don't worry, there's plenty of incompetence in later episodes. okay look, if I touch it will you just be quiet????

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

loudog999 posted:

Does The Tick have a satisfying enough ending to watch the two season. I don't want to get invested in something that is going to end with a bunch of loose ends.

"I don't want to have sex with this hot model because she might not sleep with me again afterwards"

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

A lot of similarities to Hyperion from Supreme Power too. Superman but what if evil isn't exactly an original concept. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I loved Heat of the Night. Check out the movie it's based on if you haven't already.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I mean, the first episode shows that they're pretty evil fucks. It certainly gets worse than the planted gun, the strike team have different levels of corrupt.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

kittenmittons posted:

Also get used to one incident with Aceveda being replayed over and over and over in previews throughout the show's run.

Does it still always show "previously on The Shield..." On Hulu?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

punk rebel ecks posted:

Sell me on Glow.

Alison Brie boobs in the first 5 minutes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Okay I just watched The Amazing Johnathan Documentary on Hulu, about his life after being given a year to live in 2014 and boy howdy I laughed and now my head hurts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Just be aware the Hulu version is the with commercials version.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Rad Valtar posted:

I can live with it for that price.

Me too (I get it for free through Sprint) but boy howdy if you read some of the threads some people are flipping out about it since there's likely to be no way to upgrade to the commercial free tier.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Enos Cabell posted:

For those that signed up for the 3 year Disney+ sub, how long did the offer take to show up after signing up for the d23 club?

It was about 3 hours for me.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I liked the Office but I have the same problem with it that I did with Office Space. I worked at Best Buy at the time and everyone was like "Oh I relate to this so much!". No you don't. Retail life is a different thing than office life. Both are layers of Hell, but different layers.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I think them looking so bad is actually part of the charm. It's neat to see the things people can do with puppets.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BisterdDave posted:

One thing I enjoy doing is taking recommendations from this thread without looking up anything about the title, just going in blind. For the most part it's rewarding, my wife can't stand it though and has to watch a trailer beforehand.

My friends don't trust me for blind recommendations anymore after I told them they should watch the heartwarming feel good documentary, Dear Zachary. I got my sister to watch it on Christmas.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alec Eiffel posted:

My wife, Jodie Comer, just won an Emmy for Killing Eve, which if you have Hulu and aren’t watching, you’re loving dead to me! Who fuckin knows when season 2 is coming though.

This is well deserved. Everyone talks about Sandra Oh in it but Comer just blows everyone away zing

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Filthy Hans posted:

I finished season 2 of The Handmaid's Tale and it was so dumb I think I'm going to jump ship for a different show. What are the must-see Hulu properties?

Future Man and Chance are two of my favorites.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Accurate. I watched for the first time 5 years after it first aired. It's timeless brilliance.

If you haven't seen his old "This Hour Has 22 Minutes" bits, look them up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw9AiYpCQvw

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

promising carl posted:

Mark Duplass is in Goliath? Guess I have to watch it now.

He's definitely got an interesting part.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I felt that El Camino was pretty much exactly what I expected, I was at least 96% sure it was at least.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Anyone checked out Goliath season 3? I absolutely loved the first season, but the second was a little meh, though Patty is still a fantastic character.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I love Hereditary, like you I waited way too long to watch it. I haven't seen Midsomar yet but it's on the list.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pollyanna posted:

God I can’t find poo poo on Netflix worth watching. Apparently it doesn’t have the original trilogy so it spoiled my stupid plans to catch up before the 20th, and it doesn’t have Cabin in the Woods either. Groan.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Man, Castle Rock had a dark final episode

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fallom posted:

Are they going to make another season of Lost in Space? There was a lot I didn’t like but I thought it was a fun formula and wanted to see them get better

Comes out next week!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Inspector Hound posted:

It's the story that ties the whole show together and I cried at the end of it

Not gonna lie, me too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

tweet my meat posted:

The new John Mulaney special is amazing

It popped up yesterday when I was watching Lost in Space, is it really a kids special? Or was that just the hook

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I mean, guys my age didn't care about any of that. It was all about Kelly Bundy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I mean, it doesn't bother me that they release it all at one time, but there is something to be said about the watercooler discussion. Every Monday at work we'd all talk about the Mandolorian, you lose that when it's all at one time. Sure people could watch it one episode a week when it's dropped all at once, but that's not the real reason why weekly works.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

precision posted:

Expanse season 1 is decent but starting with season 2 it's absolutely fantastic, and I'm not usually a big fan of Sci Fi shows

If you're impatient you can start with S2 and the show does a great job of catching you up, but S1 has some really great moments you don't wanna miss

Stay away from the agua

I wouldn't skip season 1. It's a bit different but it really does a good job introducing the various factions and people, and man that final part when Miller finds Julie is just such a great scene. Skipping season one means you pretty much completely miss out on Thomas Jane.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

It's kind of her thing that she always looks young and beautiful.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Hmm same but also when it was that Seth Macfarlane show

Disco and “Brian the Dog is a Space Captain” are both okay, sometimes.

When is Grey’s Anatomy ever all that good? :argh:

Orville is more than okay sometimes, it's fantastic.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I really enjoyed Midsommar. Definitely don't watch it it expecting it to be the next Hereditary. It's really just a modern day remake of The Wicker Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Castlevania season 3 hits next week!