Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

True Blood was good trash for awhile, then it turned into garbage trash once they did the whole fairies and Bill being some kind of prophet thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

My wife and I watched Creep last night on Netflix and really enjoyed it. The movie does a great job at making you feel creeped out and cringey with very little effort, and on a what I assume was a low budget. Creep 2 on the other hand, not so much.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

precision posted:

I thought Creep 2 was even better than the first and can't wait for 3

Creep 2 just seemed less suspenseful and scary overall, and more silly than anything else.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

BigglesSWE posted:

Our Planet on Netflix is very very good. Basically Planet Earth III but with stronger emphasis on the climate change angle.

Looks good, but I'm not sure I want to be guilt tripped by Sir David this weekend.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Just finished ep.2 of Chernobyl, this show is really drat good. The pacing is great and it manages to maintain it's suspense the whole time.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

Requiem for a Dream blew my mind back when I thought Mallrats was the funniest movie ever made and my only mode of transportation was a BMX bike.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

punk rebel ecks posted:

Anybody watch the new Rocko's Modern Life? The show's title is so accurate now.

Watched it this past weekend, it's pretty good. Definitely recommend it for anyone who enjoyed the original show.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Just finished watching The Villainess on Hulu, pretty drat good Korean action flick. While watching a making-of from John Wick 3, they mentioned that they got the idea for the motorcycle scene from this movie. It definitely could've trimmed some fat off the meat, but overall it was enjoyable.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

One thing I enjoy doing is taking recommendations from this thread without looking up anything about the title, just going in blind. For the most part it's rewarding, my wife can't stand it though and has to watch a trailer beforehand.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Medullah posted:

My friends don't trust me for blind recommendations anymore after I told them they should watch the heartwarming feel good documentary, Dear Zachary. I got my sister to watch it on Christmas.

The one time going in blind really backfired on me was when I suggested my wife and I watch The Handmaiden. For some reason I thought it was a horror flick and we were prepared for some scaries. About halfway through (and a couple scissor scenes later) we both looked at each other and just laughed at my stupidity. Ended up watching the rest, it was alright.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

I really hope Disney releases unfucked HD versions of the original trilogy someday.

They never will. Better off just finding Harmy's Despecialized versions.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

mystes posted:

Maybe when George Lucas dies unless he made them specifically agree never to release them?

I wouldn't hold my breath.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Mandalorian is very bad. The writing is so bad it's like a youtube fan video.

Actually it's awesome and gives me hope that there's still a decent future for Star Wars movies/shows.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Disney better release a baby yoda plush before Christmas, my wife desperately wants one.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

There isn't a single shot in 6 Underground that isn't longer than 2 seconds, and it's kind of nauseating to watch. The action is just alright, but everything else is so, so bad.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Pixels Annihilation

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Sarchasm posted:

I disagree.

While it may not seem like a pure Tarantino flick, it still was a great film with some amazing acting. The final 20 minutes more than make up for the early slow bits.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Anyone watch Girl on the Third Floor? Sounds interesting.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

‘Twas pretty bad

Darn.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Sorceress on Prime is loving great

yes, there are titties

Is it really "great", or more "I got nothing left to watch" great?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

It's basically a live action Heavy Metal, though purely fantasy instead of scifi. "So bad it's good" in a way only 80s movies could be.

Your description sold it more than the trailer did. I'll check it out, been in an 80s mood lately.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

precision posted:

It's the last movie directed by Jack Hill (Switchblade Sisters). It's definitely fun.

Never heard of Hill or his movies before, so I guess this will be my entry.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I hadn't heard anything about it coming, so I don't know if it's release was pushed up because of the virus, but the Altered Carbon Anime that was written by Dai Soto (Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Project, and Eureeka Seven) is up on Netflix.

Is it stand alone from the regular series?

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Finally got around to watching King of New York. The acting was great, if not comical at times, and it had some pretty neat scenes. I can see it being more of a cult classic though.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Parasite was just added to Hulu. Definitely gonna check it out this weekend.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

married but discreet posted:

It's probably one of the best movies of all time.

It was alright. I liked the painting parts.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

beanieson posted:

Kevin Smith is a hack. Clerks is great and should be seen, everything after that ranges from OK to BAD.

Very true, and I like Kevin Smith.

sponges posted:

Jay and Silent Bob Reboot is on Prime and it’s one of the worst movies I’ve seen in awhile

I'm watching Red Riding Hood on Hulu right now, I'll let you know how good it is after.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

BisterdDave posted:

I'm watching Red Riding Hood on Hulu right now, I'll let you know how good it is after.

Honestly it wasn't the worst I've seen.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I've been wanting to rent The Lighthouse for awhile now, but thanks to JustWatch, I found out that it was added to Prime just the other day!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

nate fisher posted:

I want the hammer please. It is tempting, but I have a feeling the amount will go well beyond my means.

I was gonna go $30 max. Please don't outbid me

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I've been making my way through Curb Your Enthusiasm for the first time, and I've got to say it's one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. I'm halfway through season 4 though, and something seems different about it, not in a good way either. I don't know how to say it, but it seems like the writing is trying too hard at this point to be funny. I googled a couple "seasons ranked" lists, only to find that season 4 is regarded as one of the best. Maybe it's just me

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

veni veni veni posted:

Tremors is easily one of the best monster movies ever.

Maybe because it was always airing on tv back in the day, but I feel like I've seen Tremors 2 over a dozen times, and yet I've only seen the first movie maybe twice. A lot of 90s movies I feel nostalgic for just because they were always on cable tv back then, Weekend at Bernies 2 is another one.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Ace Ventura 2 is the rare example where the sequel is better than the first.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Finally got around to watching Coherence last night, and it was surprisingly really good. The acting could have been a bit better in some parts, but for a movie made in only 5 days it was pretty enjoyable.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Midgetskydiver posted:

Knives Out was the most fun I've had at the theater in a long time.

Just finished watching this, and yes it was a very fun ride!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Watching Minority Report for the first time, and for a movie set in the future it sure does scream "early 2000s" more than anything else.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

feedmyleg posted:

It's a movie with huge tonal swings from goofy to gritty. I want to watch either one, but not both. Would've been far better as the Total Recall sequel it started life as.

Total Recall sequel???

Lechtansi posted:

Fun fact: total recall and minority report were both originally written by Phillip k dick. He famously wrote brilliant short stories that Hollywood continues to make into lovely films (paycheck anyone?). Turns out itís pretty hard to make short form, high concept stories into feature length films.

I saw Paycheck in the theater and actually enjoyed it. I'll have to look into what else Philip K. Dick has done.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Oh man, Bad Taste is on Prime, haven't seen it in years!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Glottis posted:

Harley Quinn is great but takes at least a few episodes to get over the super "edgy" comedy style. I'm really enjoying it, and not just because Kite Man is a main character. Hell yeah.

My wife and I were stoked to check it out based on the description. We watched a trailer though and both thought it just seemed too try-hard, or edgy like you said.